BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

The rules seem quite clear - they state "maximum employee costs of not more than 600,000 per annum" - so that includes wages, any bonuses, as well as employers national insurance contributions and any other costs associated with employing someone. Even agents fees (if there are any) have to be included in that 600,000, and can only be paid as a benefit in kind to the incoming player (ie not directly to the agent).

Given that clubs have to register players with the FL, I don't see how the rules can be bent other than straight lying to the FL about future payments - and I assume doing that would risk severe consequences.

Thing is though, the rules state:

"There are also certain cost exclusions which can be removed from a club's cost base. This is in relation to "specific areas of club infrastructure or losses in certain extraordinary circumstances." Such categories of cost exclusion include investment in youth development, sale and depreciation of fixed assets (e.g. a club's stadium

or training ground), investment in a club's community scheme, promotion related bonus payments, career ending injury costs, bad debts from other clubs and losses sustained from a defaulting major sponsor"

Therefore the bonus payments option is there, and you would think this could be played with by clubs?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the look of Tony Fernandes is expecting a positive outcome of the challenge on the FFP and the fine, and after scouring the internet a bit it looks like they are expecting this to be solved by beginning to mid June.

With regards to our situation I think there is plenty to be positive about for the summer. I really wouldn't see it as a disaster should Rhodes, and Gestede go (Even though I see them incredibly talented players who I love to see in the blue and white halves), but Rovers have always been able to make shrewd signings especially when big names have gone. I think this season is quite interesting with Leicester staying up, and look at the players that are running out of contract in the summer they are some deals to be done. Whether it is signing Chris Wood on loan, with Dwight Gayle (As Kamy suggested) then that would be equally as strong attack in my eyes than any other.

My biggest concern would be midfield but even there we don't need to go all out and splash the cash to get what we need. I would like to see us cash in on a few of our players like Hanley, Rhodes, Gestede, and use some of that cash to make some clever signings like bringing in Baptiste again as a CB, hell we should still make a play for Jamie Ward, and Rodolph Austin if we can as well to add some bite to the midfield.

One name........... Per Pederson.

Half agree but I'd suggest Souness hit the buffers here when the cheque book closed on him after the Grabbi farce. Both are bold managers with a good bit of pull so there would have been some big loan signings or frees with someone like Jack stumping up the wages :)

if we had somebody pumping money in for fun then id like to think we wouldn't need a manager like BS, don't get me wrong he's great at what he does(keeping struggling teams quite comfortably afloat in the prem) but if I wanted to challenge for the top spots in the prem he wouldn't be on my list of managerial candidates.

I caught a little of Mark Warburton in talksport at the weekend and he had some very interesting views on the loan system and how he never took a loan player he wasnt intent on playing in his first team and that it was always a 3 way thing were the player , loaning club and parent club all had the players development in their best interest , he was amazed at the amount of loan players just sitting on the bench at clubs not getting a game or players goin to clubs were their style of play just isnt suited and the parent club allowing it,, he came across as a really intelligent thinking man's coach

Thing is though, the rules state:

"There are also certain cost exclusions which can be removed from a club's cost base. This is in relation to "specific areas of club infrastructure or losses in certain extraordinary circumstances." Such categories of cost exclusion include investment in youth development, sale and depreciation of fixed assets (e.g. a club's stadium

or training ground), investment in a club's community scheme, promotion related bonus payments, career ending injury costs, bad debts from other clubs and losses sustained from a defaulting major sponsor"

Therefore the bonus payments option is there, and you would think this could be played with by clubs?

I think you'll find all of that refers to the initial calculation to determine whether a club falls into FFP or doesn't.

Once under the embargo, the rules seem very clear on signing players, and the 600,000 annual cost limit per player doesn't look flexible.

What you want and what you get when between a rock and a hard place are two different matters !

£15million in total for Gestede and Rhodes including about £3million in extras (which would have to be realised) might be as good as it gets !

I think 7 million pounds for Gestede is a good price. I can see one of the PL paying it.

His performance against Liverpool showed he can play PL teams if the team suits his style like Palace, Wba or Watford buying him.

Maybe Hull, Boro or Sheff Wed paying 10 million pounds for Rhodes. I was talking to Sheff Wed fan tonight who thinks Rhodes will join them during the summer and Ben Marshall aswell

What you want and what you get when between a rock and a hard place are two different matters !

£15million in total for Gestede and Rhodes including about £3million in extras (which would have to be realised) might be as good as it gets !

One thing we've seen during Venkys tenure is they demand top dollar for star players or they don't go.

Blackburn eyeing Leon Clarke as potential replacement for Rudy Gestede should he leave.

Supposedly SSN are saying this according to couple of ppl on twitter

So dont know how true it is

Bring on the gates of 8000 people.

Few BRFC supporters could have imagined that headline just 4 years ago. I and a few others could and openly said so. For our foresight we were subject to all manner of derision and scorn. Including might I add accusations of racism.

Get used to it folks cos its about to get worse. Ewood spark is about to get his wish of sitting in an echoing ewood park amongst 4000 other like minded souls with all the tremblers out of the way.

King will have to be careful there as theres less land to aimlessly run into before he gets wet.. Run Forrest Run!

Were you one of those that didn't rate Nzonzi too Shaun?

I liked Nzonzi Gordon, apart from his attitude at the end. He at least performed consistently. Though like Atkins he is a marmite player to many and could be infuriating at times. However King has so so much to prove even at our level. He's one of a few recent Rovers where he's morphed into more than the sum of his parts the more he doesn't play. Lacks composure and a final ball. If I was Howe I'd put a caveat in the offer that cancels it if compo is set higher than 500k.

Archived