BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Nzonzi Gordon, apart from his attitude at the end. He at least performed consistently. Though like Atkins he is a marmite player to many and could be infuriating at times. However King has so so much to prove even at our level. If I was Howe I'd put a caveat in the offer that cancels it if compo is set higher than 500k.

Nzonzis attitude was entirely forgiveable imo. Could you have taken any sh1t off the little sh1t in charge? I couldn't.

Exactly, Chaddy. Who gives a flying one if Clarke is free. He's exactly the type of striker we should be looking to avoid. He couldn't hit a barn door. As I say, hopefully it's rollox.

I said months ago King would be off. Can see him doing well down there next season - huge IF but if he stays relatively fit then he'll give any CB nightmares.

King will have to be careful there as theres less land to aimlessly run into before he gets wet.. Run Forrest Run!

A real manager at at a Premier League club wants him.

Could go either way but on our side of the fence the dumbing down continues, led by Bowyer, AKA Marvin the Paranoid Android.

Shame about King, always made things happen,

Is your sole intent to wind folk up?

King made things happen in one game in umpteen years.

Leon Clarke is the worst excuse of a striker I have ever seen..

the Rhodes haters on here would disagree.

Lets not pretend King has been anything other than rubbish in at least 80% of his appearances.

more like 98%

• Backroom

Warburton always comes across as highly intelligent and switched on everytime I hear him speak it would be a dream to have him here IMO and his views on loans are spot on and the opposite to our bosses.

Good luck to King I've always been a fan of his for as frustrating as he can be you bring him on and his frightening pace makes the opposition worry and give us room to exploit, a shocking decision to use the likes of Brown and Varney before him up front.

His haters will be happy though, sure we will get a premier league quality replacment with real pace in at least

In his career to date King has played 107 times and scored 10 goals. However we spin it that's pretty pathetic. But purely because of his pace (and our lack of it elsewhere) I'd be reluctant to let him go.

If he goes, if Rhodes and Gestede go. Then we are left with Mr 0 goals in 20 games and a crocked bloody varney as more or less only strikers on the books. Now that thought is depressing.

Lets not pretend King has been anything other than rubbish in at least 80% of his appearances.

In a poor formation and played in the wrong position for his talents. Stick him in the middle of a 4-5-1 against a better team and with Rhodes out of the way on the bench and he looked deadly to me. I do at this point acknowledge that to date he has been rather 'brittle' as all speedsters seem to be.

If Leon Clarke is the answer then christ knows what the question is ..... imo Beckford and Becchio are far better options , both been released and both should come in at under 10k and i'm sure there's even more out there .... Leon Clarke .

Pfft

In his career to date King has played 107 times and scored 10 goals. However we spin it that's pretty pathetic. But purely because of his pace (and our lack of it elsewhere) I'd be reluctant to let him go.

If he goes, if Rhodes and Gestede go. Then we are left with Mr 0 goals in 20 games and a crocked bloody varney as more or less only strikers on the books. Now that thought is depressing.

Don't forget Mr Leon Worst, who we probably will not be able to shift, with that insane salary he's supposedly on. He'll probably be here when the season starts. Whether he gets to play...

• Backroom

The fact Josh King is being talked about as a big loss just shows how far we've fallen in terms of squad quality.

He's fast, nobody can deny that, but not consistent in the slightest, injury prone and a poor finisher. Take out the games against Stoke/Swansea where we were playing against a high line and ten men for most of the match and King's career highlights at Rovers would last about ten seconds.

The kid has potential, but whether that will be realised or not remains to be seen. Playing in the PL on a regular basis he won't come up against a team playing a high line week after week, which imo will render him somewhat redundant. He needs to add a lot to his game to be a consistently useful player at this level, let alone in the PL.

Never seen him play before so couldn't comment on his ability or talent.

I would rather take a risk on Foreign striker who is on a free transfer someone like Erwin Hoffer. A striker we were linked to when Big Sam was here as manager. Pacey striker

On Beckford and Becchio, I would imagine Beckford will sign for Preston. But Becchio would be good replacement for Rudy if he does leave.

If QPR get FFP Overturn and think might help Rovers to sign better players. A decision according to media reports by mid June

• Backroom

For Blackburn Rovers alone:

Jordan Rhodes 143 Games 74 Goals

Josh King 74 Games 8 Goals

Case closed.

There would still be a huge gulf but I can't imagine Rhodes would have scored quite as many playing on the wing in 10 minute spells

• Moderation Lead

There would still be a huge gulf but I can't imagine Rhodes would have scored quite as many playing on the wing in 10 minute spells

Certainly not with his pace :rover:

I think 7 million pounds for Gestede is a good price. I can see one of the PL paying it.

His performance against Liverpool showed he can play PL teams if the team suits his style like Palace, Wba or Watford buying him.

Maybe Hull, Boro or Sheff Wed paying 10 million pounds for Rhodes. I was talking to Sheff Wed fan tonight who thinks Rhodes will join them during the summer and Ben Marshall aswell

Did the Sheff Wed fan explain how his club are going to be able to pay the £10 - 15 million for those two players and wages of £50k a week under FFP rules?

Or are they not constrained by these rules?

Have you watched him a lot Athlete? Would be great if you could provide an overview of his playing style, qualities, weaknesses etc.

I wasn't aware you were such an avid follower of Wolves and/or Coventry?

The same Daily Mail that on Tuesday said that a £5 million deal for Gestede to join Watford was virtually done and dusted. Now they are saying he is a target but there have been no official approaches. They really are clueless.

Archived