BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

King just posted a picture on his instagram account with a picture of the Goldsands Stadium and the text "New beginning".

Best of luck to him and don't blame him one bit. The problem most have is not actually losing him, although I'm disappointed, but what he will be replaced with in the squad. He's been a frustrating bit part player, partly down to him and partly down to the bloke in charge who'll probably be happy to get rid despite what crap he'll come out with. Another downgrade in quality is on the cards I fear.

You know things are knackered when your best centre forward is off, another good prospect is off, garbage like Varney doesn't want to re-sign and you're left with 2 strikers... One of which may still leave and the other has never scored a goal.... Who can we replace them all with? Freebies from the pound shop section.

Another season of painfully slow, unambitious, void of method football with more shambolic defending thrown in. Topped off buy Gaz telling the fans that a mid table finish is a success given our financial restrictions.

They can shove their season ticket as far as it will go.

I'm still waiting for he and Junior Hoilett to be confirmed as Rovers players for next season by the LET. They've been 'close' for some time now - Junior especially!

That's got to be al Shebby's fault!

Shame that Josh King hasn't re-sign here but good look to him at Bournemouth.

Rovers can't afford for both of Gestede or Rhodes to leave now.

We need a pacey striker in and a replacement for Gestede or Rhodes(if any does leave)

I doubt there'll be much urgency on the club's part to obtain a replacement for King. He's been at best a backup player under Bowyer and I expect will be filling a similar role at Bournemouth, albeit in the Premier League rather than the Championship. I don't think anyone can blame him for looking elsewhere given his lack of first team action over the last 2 years, and I don't think his comments in the media last season criticising the manager have done him any favours.

It will be interesting to see whether he continues on the trajectory he has had whilst a Rovers player e.g. the odd good game, blistering runs, scaring defences, but no end product, regular hamstring injuries which limit him to 15 games a season, or whether under a different setup he will improve on his weaknesses and become fitter and thus begin to realise more of the potential he clearly has.

My concern isn't that we are losing him, though I would have liked him to stay, he is not a 'big' player for us and never has been. The concern is filling the void. We're now down to three forwards with King and Varney leaving. At least one of them, possibly two are likely to be sought by Premier League clubs and the third should be nowhere near the first team of a top half Championship side.

In my view it is essential that we replace him with someone with pace who is capable of playing up front alongside a Gestede/Rhodes or can play on the wing in the absence of Marshall or Conway.

As it stands we've lost the following from last season's squad:

Alex Baptiste

Jay Spearing

Chris Taylor

Josh King

Luke Varney

David Dunn

And still no news on Paul Taylor (who I expect to sign).

That's six, potentially seven, first team players gone.

Even though none, apart from Baptiste, were regulars for us, that is still a void that needs filling, which won't be easy under FFP.

I think we need to be very shrewd, especially, if we sell Gestede, Rhodes or both. Given that we can't pay a transfer fee, we need to think about part exchange. I have mentioned before the likes of Glen Murray would be a good signing, from Palace, as he scored plenty in the Championship, the year Palace were promoted. There were rumours that Palace did have an eye on Gestede, so that may well work. Other than that, a free transfer would be the only option, so every angle must be explored, if we do have to sell.

Amid the chaos at FIFA QPR have quietly gone about spending money on Swindon duo Luongo and Gladwin, both highly rated young players who have done very well for Swindon in League One this season. Both have been obtained for 'undisclosed fees'

So here we have it. Whilst Rovers are good boys and accept their punishment for being naughty and breaking the rules a more guilty club in QPR are going about rebuilding their squad ahead of the new season, spending money on decent players.

This is a disgrace. The Football League are a disgrace. I can't believe for one minute that Rovers or Forest are sitting by and allowing themselves to be hindered by a transfer embargo whilst the most guilty club of all is able to go around buying players.

No doubt by the time the League bothers to deal with QPR's 'appeal' they'll get a minor slap on the wrist, a reduced fine spread over many years, a short term embargo that will be lifted in no time e.g. Leeds. By which time QPR will have assembled a good squad of players and done most of their summer business.

Financial Fair Play? Staggering.

Because FFP rules are applied according to the accounts for the season immediately behind us, I'm afraid that QPR (and Burnley and Hull) don't even have to submit accounts to the Football League this time around.

Because during the season just ended, they were playing in someone else's competition (the Premier League) and so had to abide by the rules in force in that competition during season 2014-15.

So, whilst QPR cheated to get up in 2013-14, and as we know how THAT gets resolved is a massive issue, it has to be totally separated from the season just gone.

So they can sign who they want, and yes it absolutely stinks in QPRs case. Part of me wants to see them dumped into the Conference, but part of me wants them to defeat the Football League on the issue asap so that our own situation becomes unenforceable.

Think season ticket sales will really struggle unless something dramatic happens like us getting the embargo lifted.

So far this summer King has gone and Williamson has extended his deal - effectively losing our quickest player and keeping our slowest. Kilgallon staying is a positive but not very exciting.

With football supposedly being a bit of an escape - being a rovers fan is tough at the moment! (Still better than Blackpool and Wigan I suppose)

It's no good belly aching about FFP now.

Rovers knew a long time ago what was heading their way.

The bottom line is that they placed their faith in a hapless manager who failed to strengthen where it was most needed.

A 'proper' manager would have had us back in the PL now having been able to all upon a 40+ goal strike force.

Think season ticket sales will really struggle unless something dramatic happens like us getting the embargo lifted.

So far this summer King has gone and Williamson has extended his deal - effectively losing our quickest player and keeping our slowest. Kilgallon staying is a positive but not very exciting.

With football supposedly being a bit of an escape - being a rovers fan is tough at the moment! (Still better than Blackpool and Wigan I suppose)

I don't see how getting the embargo lifted will boost ticket sales, we still have no money to spend, despite our owners being worth billions........apparently.

It's no good belly aching about FFP now.

Rovers knew a long time ago what was heading their way.

The bottom line is that they placed their faith in a hapless manager who failed to strengthen where it was most needed.

A 'proper' manager would have had us back in the PL now having been able to all upon a 40+ goal strike force.

As has been proven over many years in the championship the teams that concede fewer goals tend to get promoted as opposed to the ones who score the most goals.

If we could concede 20 less goals (take out Rhodes goals) then we would have been in the top 6 imo.

As has been proven over many years in the championship the teams that concede fewer goals tend to get promoted as opposed to the ones who score the most goals.

If we could concede 20 less goals (take out Rhodes goals) then we would have been in the top 6 imo.

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle !

Do we get any compo as he is classed as a young player? Or not because we brought him in from Man Utd?

if a player is under 24 and is offered at least the same wages as his previous contract then the club is entitled to compensation. If the clubs don't agree on the amount of compo then it goes to a tribunal (or something like that!). So we'll get something for King but it's hard to guess exactly how much.

Hull have released Liam Rosenior, Paul McShane, Yannick Sagbo and Maynor Figueroa. Stephen Quinn and Alex Bruce are both also out of contract but have been offered new deals. Wouldn't mind us taking an interest in any of those.

We already have 2 donkeys from Hull...No thanks !

Archived