BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

Probably tripe but given the fact that everyone in our squad has a bullseye on their head - Fulham linked to Cairney:

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=401147

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't be bothered about this as he's another who doesn't get used correctly or has a player to compliment him. Also I really don't think he often puts in what he can or should do. However we need to keep any quality we can so hopefully it's a load of cobblers !

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. Again probably cobblers, but saw we've now been linked with Kevin McNaughton to go with Leon Clarke. It's going to be one long summer.

Yep Ive just retweeted it on twitter.

I agree it going to be one 'VERY' long summer IMO

Because out of contract glass legged non scoring forwards are cheap.

Was he fit enough to travel down to Bournemouth or did he pull up at the Services half way down and do it by phone?

It's laughable how King is championed as the answer to all our prayers and yet Rhodes is discarded as rubbish by some on here.

It's like they've been watching a completely different game for the last few years. Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed to see King go and think he was massively misused/underused by Bowyer, but all this suggestion that he's better than Rhodes is hilarious. What attributes are superior except athleticism? Technically and mentally nowhere near JR. Why did no one gamble on buying him until he became available on a free if he was so good? They'd have been able to get him for £1.5mill at the most, and would likely have got a nice bit of change from that too. Cheap for a player who would definitely score more than 20 goals a season (every season) in the Champ if he was played, don't you think?

Paul Gallagher out of contract. We should be trying to sign him, okay he may fancy signig for Preston, but with him being a Rovers fan he may come if Rovers make him an offer!

With Bowyer's record of buying former academy players I wouldnt be suprised.

Always liked Gallagher. Technically very strong, scored a few important goals, a good passer of the ball. Hoped he would come good. Sadly a terrible work rate and attitude, combined with no pace, makes him an unattractive signing for us. We already have two inconsistent slow players who "play in the hole" like Gallagher - Marshall and Cairney.

Have you watched him a lot Athlete? Would be great if you could provide an overview of his playing style, qualities, weaknesses etc.

I wasn't aware you were such an avid follower of Wolves and/or Coventry?

Sssshhhh......don't you know Athlete has an agenda to promote?

Tin hat on here but Joey Barton is being released by QPR. Could be that bit of experience/mongrel we need in the midfield. Being under the embargo he could be signed (on a free) but wages would more than likely be the stumbling block.Not sure if his character would meet Bowyers brief either.

Sssshhhh......don't you know Athlete has an agenda to promote?

Clown poster... Posting at 04.59 says it all...

Have you watched him a lot Athlete? Would be great if you could provide an overview of his playing style, qualities, weaknesses etc.

I wasn't aware you were such an avid follower of Wolves and/or Coventry?

Check out his goalscoring scoring record surely that's enough to go by or go on wolves forum and ask their fans.. Without being clever.. FYI I've seen enough of him

It's laughable how King is championed as the answer to all our prayers and yet Rhodes is discarded as rubbish by some on here.

It's like they've been watching a completely different game for the last few years. Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed to see King go and think he was massively misused/underused by Bowyer, but all this suggestion that he's better than Rhodes is hilarious. What attributes are superior except athleticism? Technically and mentally nowhere near JR. Why did no one gamble on buying him until he became available on a free if he was so good? They'd have been able to get him for £1.5mill at the most, and would likely have got a nice bit of change from that too. Cheap for a player who would definitely score more than 20 goals a season (every season) in the Champ if he was played, don't you think?

Apparently Bournemouth offered exactly that kind of money to take him on loan before the Emergency Loan Window closed.

I take your point about the comparisons between King and Rhodes but in reality it's not that simple.

They're different types of players altogether and all I know is we've lost a guy who's pace put two Premiership clubs to the sword last season.

King had two main problems at Ewood - a manager who often preferred a donkey or played him out of position and, of course, fitness which inhibited his game time.

I expect Howe sees King as an impact sub and it will be interesting to see how things transpire.

I certainly don't blame the player for making that decision.

Will we sign a better replacement? Highly unlikely.

Tin hat on here but Joey Barton is being released by QPR. Could be that bit of experience/mongrel we need in the midfield. Being under the embargo he could be signed (on a free) but wages would more than likely be the stumbling block.Not sure if his character would meet Bowyers brief either.

I'd love to have him in the squad, but his wages are gonna be so high I don't think we could afford it

Gayle ,Barton etc ....er waky waky and see what the VENKYSCUM have reduced us to ..Taylor ,Brown

Were shopping at Lidl not sainsburys thanks to Venky's

Speaking to a Cardiff fan on the phone yesterday and there rumoured to be in for gayle

Apparently Bournemouth offered exactly that kind of money to take him on loan before the Emergency Loan Window closed.

I take your point about the comparisons between King and Rhodes but in reality it's not that simple.

They're different types of players altogether and all I know is we've lost a guy who's pace put two Premiership clubs to the sword last season.

King had two main problems at Ewood - a manager who often preferred a donkey or played him out of position and, of course, fitness which inhibited his game time.

I expect Howe sees King as an impact sub and it will be interesting to see how things transpire.

I certainly don't blame the player for making that decision.

Will we sign a better replacement? Highly unlikely.

Last sentence...... 'And there's the rub'.

Clown poster... Posting at 04.59 says it all...

Isn't Chris h in Australia?

Speaking to a Cardiff fan on the phone yesterday and there rumoured to be in for gayle

It's not the first time we've had to shop at Lidl and it probably won't be the last. In the past we've signed and played far worse than Taylor and Brown - Frank Lord, Andy Needham, Alex Russell, John O'Mara to name but four - and it didn't prove to be the end of the world. We are going to need a huge amount of luck in picking up the right players on frees and particularly trying to convince them to accept less than £10,000 a week - unbelievable as that amount might seem to most of us. There is no doubt that next season is going to be tough, particularly if Gestede and/or Rhodes goes but we've come through tough times before. Personally, I can't see the point in worrying about transfer stories in the press - most rumours are of the Nixon variety that rarely come to anything anyway. By the end of August we will know what we've got and we will, as we have done in past, deal with it. For now, I'll concentrate on a summer - if we ever get the weather for one - of cricket.

LIDL? id say more like jack Russell and flat cap and flute asking on the street for any change ?

• Backroom

Kings gone. Rudy will go. Likely we will be left with Brown and Rhodes with no money to spend on bringing in reinforcements.

Terrible attitude and actually being a bit rubbish with a goalscoring record like Browns aside we may actually have to use Best, if we are paying him anyway it would be silly not to.

Have we any prospects coming through up top? Forester disappeared after his injuries and it seems the likes of Preston and Rittenberg didn't kick on.

It's not the first time we've had to shop at Lidl and it probably won't be the last. In the past we've signed and played far worse than Taylor and Brown - Frank Lord, Andy Needham, Alex Russell, John O'Mara to name but four - and it didn't prove to be the end of the world. We are going to need a huge amount of luck in picking up the right players on frees and particularly trying to convince them to accept less than £10,000 a week - unbelievable as that amount might seem to most of us. There is no doubt that next season is going to be tough, particularly if Gestede and/or Rhodes goes but we've come through tough times before. Personally, I can't see the point in worrying about transfer stories in the press - most rumours are of the Nixon variety that rarely come to anything anyway. By the end of August we will know what we've got and we will, as we have done in past, deal with it. For now, I'll concentrate on a summer - if we ever get the weather for one - of cricket.

Maybe its not the first time but its the first time we've wasted the TV money that should have seen us set with our past (except a couple) long stay in the top flight.

Kings gone. Rudy will go. Likely we will be left with Brown and Rhodes with no money to spend on bringing in reinforcements.

Terrible attitude and actually being a bit rubbish with a goalscoring record like Browns aside we may actually have to use Best, if we are paying him anyway it would be silly not to.

Have we any prospects coming through up top? Forester disappeared after his injuries and it seems the likes of Preston and Rittenberg didn't kick on.

We do have a striker called Lee Mansell who has done very well this season for under 18's and under 21's. But it might be abit early for him in the first team this coming season as ParsonBlue has commented before.

I guess we will bring in 2 more strikers Either on loan or free transfers.

On Best, cant see him being part of the 1st team squad. He has terrible attitude as Derby and Brighton fans will say this after his performances/games for them last season.

Archived