BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

As somebody who has advocated GB Being replaced I'd ask what you, as a regular on this forum, mean by 'sense is a foreign language on here'? Surely you'd accept that the naysayers and doom mongers who critisise Bowyer hold sway over those who advocate moderation. You'd accept that the actual supporters of Bowyer are vastly out numbered. Wouldn't you? It does seem that this type of post is aimed at completely shutting down those that aren't on the side of doom, despondency and ' Bowyer out' no matter what.

Just because people who want a change doesn't mean they're doomsayers, moaners, naysayers etc... It just means they're not completely ignorant to the facts.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because people who want a change doesn't mean they're doomsayers, moaners, naysayers etc... It just means they're not completely ignorant to the facts.

I'd agree and I've been saying it's time for a change since last October.

That said, the phrase 'sense is a foreign language on here' from someone who wants Bowyer out hints at that opinion being opressed in some way which is hardly true is it? It does seem to suggest that those who might put their heads above the parapet with the alternative should think again lest their opinions are seen to supress the 'sensible' view.

Considering Fulham paid 11 million for McCormack, them paying 3.6 million for Cairney isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Im not a big fan of Cairney from the little I've seen of him in the flesh and on TV. Any fee above £1.5m would be a good return for me and if Fulham are prepared to pay more than double then ta very much and more fool them. Whatever leeway we get to upgrade a substandard midfield should be very welcome.

Back on topic, if Fulham want to pay £3.6m for Cairney then somebody at Craven Cottage has number dyslexia and we need to snatch their hands off before their American owner cottons on.

Nice to see an actual transfer rumour on here!

Tend to agree. Cairney is a sublime performer on his day and offers a bit of creativity which no-one else in the squad can. However like too many other of our better players apart from Rhodes and Gestede, and like King who's left, that day only tends to be four or five times a season.

He's not one of the players I'd ideally like to see go, but at 3.6m I'd be tempted to say "Start the car!"

Surely then with Robinson, Dunn, King, Cairney, P Taylor, Spearing and possibly C Taylor off the books compared to the end of last season (seven players) there'd be a fair bit of room for manoeuvre?

Oops: Edit: Baptiste makes eight. Even more so.

Im not a big fan of Cairney from the little I've seen of him in the flesh and on TV. Any fee above £1.5m would be a good return for me and if Fulham are prepared to pay more than double then ta very much and more fool them. Whatever leeway we get to upgrade a substandard midfield should be very welcome.

Certainly wouldn't be looking flog Cairney just yet. The lad has superb technical ability but he is wasted out wide.

We will probably lose Gestede and Rhodes this summer and we will struggle to replace them, switching to a 4-5-1 (or variation of) would seem like a likely move, in which case, moving Cairney into the middle could benefit him greatly.

He's had a frustrating season but I think it's because he's been played out of position.

Plus, as usual, his replacement will be a freebie or a loan. Would you be able to get better for nothing? I am not sure.

Alan Nixon has said that they will be some transfer news in tomorrow Sun Paper.

Let me guess:

"Ambitious (inset name of Club currently in favour with Nixon) are keen on Blackburn Rovers prolific strike duo Jordan Rhodes and Rudy Gestede and are willing to pay a combined (insert ridiculously low fee). Cash strapped Rovers are subject to a transfer embargo and may be tempted to do business. However (insert name of ambitious Club) want to do their transfer business early and need an answer off Blackburn within the next 48 hours. (Make sure tone of story implies Blackburn should be happy to bend over and take it up the back passage)

There, done it for him. Only needs to fill in the blanks. Should be good for at least four or five stories that come to nowt over the summer. :tu::)

Adding P Taylor to make the list longer is taking the P. You may as well add me and Abbey for the impact he had

Baptiste will be the only one we will miss

Agreed, but I'm guessing he was still being paid a wage and was taking up one of the available loan slots.

Adding P Taylor to make the list longer is taking the P. You may as well add me and Abbey for the impact he had

Baptiste will be the only one we will miss

See you miss certain things when you give up going.... Taylor played very well against Millwall in one of the few games he played in. Looked to have ability and a directness in his play. Tired after an hour but was our best player by a mile on the night.

Perhaps best to stick to the off the pitch subjects Shaun?

We have positions that need attention far more than the wing, though. We don't need to waste our wage budget on an area that has adequate coverage.

P Taylor isn't primarily a winger. he can play there but hiss best position by all accounts is just off the striker, a position we've struggled with . With Dunn going, and Marshall and Cairney looking a bit lost in that role, we need someone who is natural in that role, especially away from home if we go one up top.

• Backroom

I've never seen him play there so can't comment. But I'd give Marshall a shot in that role - it's not like he's been given the opportunity very often, if at all. Cairney has shown he can be effective there, too, so if they both stay this summer it's a position that again probably shouldn't be at the top of our priority list.

I'd much rather we sorted out the wasteland that is our midfield first.

Rochina, Best, King(y), Judge, Dunn. To a lesser extent Marshall. I'll not scrape the barrel and include Goodwillie.

Anyone with an attacking ethos is curtailed or dropped.

I've not seen or heard any ego type stuff from any of those players other than Best. I then read further and you've changed it to attacking ethos. Robbo could perhaps be included as an ego issue since he had a problem playing 2nd fiddle.

I guess I just think your ego argument is not a very solid stuck with which.to beat Bowyer, there are.bigger branches for that.

See you miss certain things when you give up going.... Taylor played very well against Millwall in one of the few games he played in. Looked to have ability and a directness in his play. Tired after an hour but was our best player by a mile on the night

wow. Give him a deal for life

• Backroom

Taylor looked like he tried against Millwall but showed little actual ability and with his off field antics we should steer well clear in my opinion.

Taylor did one thing of note against Millwall - a half decent dribble and shot. Nothing apart from that (although he wasn't alone). But if that's enough for a contract nowadays then god help us!

Stay well away, he'd only get worse once we sign him permanently too.

cheeres Chaddy. Let us know what it is, even if it ends up being garbage. Any news is welcome and at least something to talk about in the transfer thread.

Alan Nixon's story in today's Sun

Boro want Rhodes in 6 million pounds deal plus a massive promotion bonus.

Regarding Rhodes - that is hardly going to happen is it. Sell to a championship riva for a cut price fee. Wasting their, and our, time.

Bolton linked with Norwich's striker Gary Hooper on loan.

I would hope Rovers would look at Hooper if we do sell Rhodes.

Bolton having Lennon is a big draw for him I think.

Alan Nixon's story in today's Sun

Boro want Rhodes in 6 million pounds deal plus a massive promotion bonus.

Boro might want that but i doubt they'll get. if we turned down £12m last summer i don't think we'll be accepting £6m this year and praying that another team gets promotion just so we get a few quid more.

Regarding Rhodes - that is hardly going to happen is it. Sell to a championship riva for a cut price fee. Wasting their, and our, time.

Bolton having Lennon is a big draw for him I think.

That's a fair point regarding Rhodes's fee but I guess it depends how much the owners want for Rhodes(fee agree). No surprise that Boro want Rhodes and they also want Bamford on loan aswell.

I understand that about Lennon being a big draw for him but I hope we will make a move for him if Rhodes does leave.

£6million? As if.

We rejected double that from hull.

I wouldn't be surprise if Hull came back in for Rhodes this summer now that Bruce is staying there. I doubt any of their strikers will stay at Hull. surely Bruce will want to reshape his squad after they want down.

Archived