BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Nixon's story in today's Sun

Boro want Rhodes in 6 million pounds deal plus a massive promotion bonus.

Nixon selling Rhodes ! Wow CHADDY why torture yourself? What's this now 10th club Nixon has flogged Rhodes to . Scottish useless hack who makes a living peddling lies .

You certainly don't have a short memory, every other post is an essay of you simply patting yourself on the back over one thing you've got right nearly five years ago.

I've got a large majority of things right (I readily own up to the Hughes issue). You'd do well to take that into consideration Pedro ;) .

Go now I Say and let us have done with you , whilst there is still a remnant of a club..

Sorry waggy76. I have to give you these two. :rolleyes::wstu:

You need to consider the recent posts between athlete and myself. You need to consider the old saying 'look before you leap'. What happens next if the V's bugger off and leave both the club and the debt? Athlete and Abbey can't give me a ghost on an answer so why don't you have a go?

• Moderation Lead

Niton links, I think Tomphil was bang on the money with his prediction.

Folk shouldn't waste their energy reading his tripe. Absolute guesswork.

Like I said but you conveniently ignore , if they go now I am pretty hopeful that there will be someone out who will step into the breach and oversee things first thing would be rid us of sepp shelfy.

Your way is to completely kill the club when they go .

but why continue with someone who is @#/? scared to go for promotion and is happy to languish . You can Venky it all you want and use your brainwashing propaganda all you want but the bottom line is fans are fed up and will stop away .

1. most of the fans have been spoilt by the Walker years. Don't discount this abbey because it applies to just about everybody under 40! The reality of the situation is striking home now and for many who don't have football 'wire in the blood' is simply an unnecessary and unpalatable pastime.

2. Since Promotion in 2001 no manager has ever dreamed of winning the Prem and apart from the brilliant Taffia every manager that we have had were just about happy to avoid relegation never mind finish top 6 and get into Europe. In fact most of them were instructed to simply follow a safety first policy.

Nixon selling Rhodes ! Wow CHADDY why torture yourself? What's this now 10th club Nixon has flogged Rhodes to . Scottish useless hack who makes a living peddling lies .

Has Nixon ever said that Rhodes is off? no he hasn't.

Alan Nixon has reported interested in Rhodes.

Re Rhodes - I suspect that Uncle Steve (Agnew) is at it again and that there is something in it to a point.

Agnew is Karanka Number's 2 at Boro. I can him pushing it to the Boro manager and chairman

CHADDY .. He said he was off to Wigan , Bolton etc . He should be sacked for all his bullshit . Best one was his 50m war chest and lean is a wee gem .

1. most of the fans have been spoilt by the Walker years. Don't discount this abbey because it applies to just about everybody under 40! The reality of the situation is striking home now and for many who don't have football 'wire in the blood' is simply an unnecessary and unpalatable pastime.

2. Since Promotion in 2001 no manager has ever dreamed of winning the Prem and apart from the brilliant Taffia every manager that we have had were just about happy to avoid relegation never mind finish top 6 and get into Europe. In fact most of them were instructed to simply follow a safety first policy.

Maybe but doesn't answer how your, ignore the elephant in the room plan saves us

CHADDY .. He said he was off to Wigan , Bolton etc.

He reported that they were interested in Rhodes. Ive never seen him saying Rhodes deffo off.

Coyle did want Rhodes BUT Whelan wouldn't sanction the bid. Now look where Wigan are now. in League 1.

You fail to see that Rovers are in a vicious financial and operational spiral downwards.

It only needs Desai to wake up one morning with indigestion and Rovers are done for.

Promotion has been imperative for the last two seasons for financial reasons yet we've employed the likes of 'Gary' and 'Eric', as you love to refer to who, IMV, offer neither inspiration nor hope. As a business, you employ the best you can and Rovers have spectacularly failed in that direction, dumbing down calamitously.

Rovers are now going nowhere other than obscurity and we will continue to lose £15 to £20million a season unless the club is decimated (which would happen under administration). I do not think the Raos will go beyond next season (when parachute payments end). Our best option is administration, worst scenario is liquidation.

You will then have plenty of time to reflect on how wrong you were thinking everything is rosy in Gary's garden.

Good post mercer in the main but accepting the venkys will be off at some time we have two options ... plus a third when all else fails.

1. We can either follow a sh1t or bust policy and throw everything and ever more money at promotion in a death or glory attempt. And rem FFP makes this almost impossible. However on the small chance that wev are promoted we will be likely simply fighting a relegation battle in the Prem starting every August.

OR

2. We can attempt to get the club on something resembling a healthy financial footing by cutting the wage bill to something reflecting our income. If this can be achieved then when the V's go (and take their debt with them) then it will be possible to attract new business people to consider taking over the running of the club. Should this happen we will be healthy but far from wealthy and will be sentenced to a future out of the top Division.

3. We can hope to convince our neighbours and the supporters of all clubs that there is future prosperity to be found in Lancashire County. Getting more difficult following Burnley's recent windfall and PNE's promotion, but it's clear that if FFP is to remain in place then every and any club must be self financing.

Patently obvious also that there simply aren't enough supporters willing to pay enough money to finance these clubs individually. With the rules as they are and the supporter numbers that are available in these small northern outposts then unless football wages fall back to something like the average wage or club's become part time this option imo is becoming increasingly inevitable with every passing rule change.

I've not seen or heard any ego type stuff from any of those players other than Best. I then read further and you've changed it to attacking ethos. Robbo could perhaps be included as an ego issue since he had a problem playing 2nd fiddle.

I guess I just think your ego argument is not a very solid stuck with which.to beat Bowyer, there are.bigger branches for that.

Ergo ego ethos

He reported that they were interested in Rhodes. Ive never seen him saying Rhodes deffo off.

Coyle did want Rhodes BUT Whelan wouldn't sanction the bid. Now look where Wigan are now. in League 1.

BUT .. You know this because ?

go f yourself you patronising pillock.

Im the type of fan who has been since I was 3 years old in 1970. I have watched us in the 3rd division, i have lost girlfriends/wife and umpteen jobs watching rovers away, I was at Burnley away when we last lost there, i was there when we got promototed frommthe 3rd and 2nd divisions, i was there for our first ever game in europe, i was there for anfiled , i was at camberidge when it got called off because of fog or ice, i was there in the isle of man , i was there for champions league, i was on every protest including freezing my nads off on transfer day,...my lad is now following in my footsteps.

DONT YOU DARE WAVE THE "TOP FLIGHT FAN " ACCUSATION AT ME YOU ARROGENT IDIOT. ALLS I WANT IS VENKYS OUT YOU ARROGENT SO AND SO.

I AM NOT THE TYPE OF FAN WE NEED ? I AM EXACTLY THE TYPE OF FAN WE NEED!!!

NO SKIN OFF YOUR NOSE ? THATS A LOT OF SKIN BAZZA.

And you tell us that you are undecided whether to renew your ST or not Abbey. If the likes of you are packing in then the club has to find an alternative future policy.

Just think Abbey you might become known as the guy who started Lanky Utd. :rover:

Just on Rhodes, yes we turned down 12m by all accounts, but the footballing grape vine has us struggling for cash, so 6m and getting his 40k a week of the wage bill seems good business from outsiders looking in.

Well we won't miss the glory hunters will we? They've stopped away before and then crawled out of the woodwork when we got into the Premier League and no doubt they will again.

We most definitely will. We might not miss the moaning buggers but we WILL miss their money. Money is what modern professional football is all about. In fact FFP rules are based on it.

Why would a genuine glory hunter in this day and age support Rovers? Why wouldn't they support United, City or Liverpool, who are all very close and will win far more than we ever will? The reasons for people not attending are far deeper than just wanting glory, no matter how often you attempt to paint it in that light.

Their children will be doing that already. many of us have seen all this before.

Just on Rhodes, yes we turned down 12m by all accounts, but the footballing grape vine has us struggling for cash, so 6m and getting his 40k a week of the wage bill seems good business from outsiders looking in.

very good point there Gav.

Plus Boro(and Hull) lack a proven Championship goalscorer.

Why would you sell your top goal scorer to a championship rival if you genuinely want promotion?

There is no chance of getting anyone remotely as good as Rhodes so why sell?

If possible we should keep the squad and perhaps get a couple of loans. However this is not looking likely.

You might not miss them because it suits your argument when we all get a history lesson of how it used to be (and by the way most of us know, we don't need reminding, you weren't alone). But Blackburn Rovers need them and miss them and that is the most important thing. These people are customers and want some value for money. By and large have we been given that for nigh on five years now?

Yes. Most definitely. Maybe not though if we had paid the going rate for ST's.

Yeah we used to have a pretty good track record if selecting winners. Non established names who did very well. Jacks track record not so good as ol Billy Bancroft's I don't think. Btw I went out with his daughter a while. Why I stood her up outside the Golden Palms to go with my future fiance still befuddles me. I missed out there I think.

Whose daughter? Bill's or Jack's?

• Moderation Lead

Middlesbrough are probably interested in Rhodes, but given we paid £8M for him, we won't sell him for less, so Nixon is obviously fabricating things (again).

Archived