BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

The trouble with the rubbish he makes up is that putting out figures which are so low will not help us get good prices for our players. Imagine being a club preparing a 12 million bid for rhodes then reading someone else is linked to him for 6.

It is staggering that 'media professionals' can just make stuff up and get paid for it.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite agree here, who would be able to improve our promotion chances though?

Realistically!

One might also ask which quality manager would risk his reputation coming to a club operating under a. the venkys and b. a transfer embargo?

It would be career suicide.

Wait until you see the doozies he has for people who live overseas. Stunning stuff.

My local club Hereford are starting again but as Hereford FC with a motto of 'forever united'. It'll be a new club with a new logo and the stats pages will lose the history of the previous club. So they have risen again but as a new club. They are also in the West Midlands league and will need probably around 10 years to possibly get back to league status.

One big massive advantage over BRFC, there is no other significant club anywhere even close to Hereford either.

Why would you sell your top goal scorer to a championship rival if you genuinely want promotion?

There is no chance of getting anyone remotely as good as Rhodes so why sell?

If possible we should keep the squad and perhaps get a couple of loans. However this is not looking likely.

If they genuinely wanted promotion or cared about what happens they'd surely have put a decent proven manager in charge Imy.

Nobody knows why they're still hanging around, it makes no sense whatsoever.

I've never seen him play there so can't comment. But I'd give Marshall a shot in that role - it's not like he's been given the opportunity very often, if at all. Cairney has shown he can be effective there, too, so if they both stay this summer it's a position that again probably shouldn't be at the top of our priority list.

I'd much rather we sorted out the wasteland that is our midfield first.

Both have ability neither have consistency, and both go 'missing' far too often for me.

Sorry waggy76. I have to give you these two. :rolleyes::wstu:

You need to consider the recent posts between athlete and myself. You need to consider the old saying 'look before you leap'. What happens next if the V's bugger off and leave both the club and the debt? Athlete and Abbey can't give me a ghost on an answer so why don't you have a go?

Who says Venkys will leave the debt? It's not a certainty, although I'm not naive enough to think it's a given either.

If Venkys sod off and leave us with the debt we have people that would be willing to try and service that debt, I'd rather go down that route than have Venkys continue racking up more debt after more debt until it becomes impossible to service, we could be at that point now.

I think it's extremely stupid and naive to convince ourselves that Venkys want to make things right, come off it, they have no intentions if making things right.

We need them gone, the clocks ticking.

If they genuinely wanted promotion or cared about what happens they'd surely have put a decent proven manager in charge Imy.

Nobody knows why they're still hanging around, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Sepp Shaw knows

Alan Nixon's story in today's Sun

Boro want Rhodes in 6 million pounds deal plus a massive promotion bonus.

How would that work for other teams in the frame if we are mid table and playing Boro at the end of next season and they need 3 points for promotion?

Alan Nixon is the worst journalist on the planet robs a living by making things up. I bet his success rate is less than 5%

Nixon's as infuriating as a weather forecaster. Frequently wrong but every so often gets it spot on.

Nixon's as infuriating as a weather forecaster. Frequently wrong but every so often gets it spot on.

That's like me and my brief flirt with the bookies on Saturdays. That's why I packed it in, he should do the same. Browny has a better strike rate :rover:

Like I said but you conveniently ignore , if they go now I am pretty hopeful that there will be someone out who will step into the breach and oversee things first thing would be rid us of sepp shelfy.

Your way is to completely kill the club when they go .

"Pretty hopeful"? "Someone"? Speculation means nothing I'm afraid Abbey.

btw is that with or without the current debt?

The world has moved on since Hull offered a £12m deal for Rhodes last August.

I've maintained recently that Rovers would do well to get a total of £15m including extras for both Rhodes and Gestede.

Even if we sell both Rhodes and Gestede, I very much doubt it would be sufficient to get the FFP embargo lifted.

The bottom line is that Rovers are presently kept alive by the Raos either using their own capital to issue more share capital or personally borrowing money from BOI in order to issue more share capital.

IMV, it can't and wont continue so I fully expect both Rhodes and Gestede plus a couple of others to be sold in order to 'bank roll' next season's losses. Some fans will scoff at the perceived knock down prices but in reality, we are between a rock and a hard place and the macho posturing from Shaw, Bowyer etc about values is precisely just that.

One might also ask which quality manager would risk his reputation coming to a club operating under a. the venkys and b. a transfer embargo?

It would be career suicide.

One big massive advantage over BRFC, there is no other significant club anywhere even close to Hereford either.

1. You'd be surprised at who applied for the job last time Gordon but were rejected.

2. Hereford is surrounded by cows and sheep - how many of those attend Edgar Street ? Rovers is a club with a long football history, is situated in a traditional football area, and as a club is in different league (literally) to Hereford.

Why would you sell your top goal scorer to a championship rival if you genuinely want promotion?

There is no chance of getting anyone remotely as good as Rhodes so why sell?

If possible we should keep the squad and perhaps get a couple of loans. However this is not looking likely.

have you ever considered that he might want to leave? If I was any decent player (or more particularly) that players agent I'd be looking to get the hell out of any club under a transfer embargo before the squad is decimated and subsequent relegation will mean lower wages and a loss of reputation.

Middlesbrough are probably interested in Rhodes, but given we paid £8M for him, we won't sell him for less, so Nixon is obviously fabricating things (again).

Means nothing K-Hod. Lots of players are sold for less than they were bought for. For example do you think MU will get 70m for Di Maria? How about Lpool getting 16m for Balotelli? Over the years we've virtually given away lots of players. kevin Davies, Andy Cole for starters and recently we've binned off loads of players that we can't sell by paying up their contracts. As for Best..... no fecker on the planet want's him do they? :(

Who says Venkys will leave the debt? It's not a certainty, although I'm not naive enough to think it's a given either.

If Venkys sod off and leave us with the debt we have people that would be willing to try and service that debt, I'd rather go down that route than have Venkys continue racking up more debt after more debt until it becomes impossible to service, we could be at that point now.

I think it's extremely stupid and naive to convince ourselves that Venkys want to make things right, come off it, they have no intentions if making things right.

We need them gone, the clocks ticking.

How? It's telephone numbers and already at an impossible level for a club with middling Championship income. Probably take every penny we get in ST's simply to pay the interest.

If they gave points for everytime the papers sell our players , then we'd be pushing for the champions league .

Alan Nixon for as long as I can remember gets hardly anything right ,

I remember a lot of his "Exclusives " Which turned into none events .

I guess we could all write tomorrow's headlines ,

Viera to target Gestede as part of Toon £40 million pound shake up

Norwich eye £2 million pound Marshall swoop

Swansea eye Welsh starlet Henley .

Pullis eyes Rhodes as Berahino replacement .

Rovers forced to sell , if they want embargo lifting

Chris Taylor to snub rovers deal and sign for Preston

Wilkinson on Bowyers Radar

Pretty easy really writing tomorrow's chip paper

have you ever considered that he might want to leave? If I was any decent player (or more particularly) that players agent I'd be looking to get the hell out of any club under a transfer embargo before the squad is decimated and subsequent relegation will mean lower wages and a loss of reputation.

Hang on, if rovers do get relegated then players like Rhodes would leave and the club wouldn't hold them back...

Rhodes knows this and so does his agent.

There is no need to manoeuvre for a transfer and burn bridges.

If an offer comes that suits everyone, then Rhodes will go... But if it doesn't suit the club... I think he'd stay and wait and see.

1. You'd be surprised at who applied for the job last time Gordon but were rejected.

2. Hereford is surrounded by cows and sheep - how many of those attend Edgar Street ?

1. A perception of wealthy owners who just needed 'guidance' and no reputation busting Embargo back then. Much different scenario now.

2. Indeed so, but as are lots of clubs. Norwich, Carlisle, Ipswich etc whilst many on the coast are half surrounded by sea.

"Pretty hopeful"? "Someone"? Speculation means nothing I'm afraid Abbey.

btw is that with or without the current debt?

with or without its better to try and recover now than the slum dogs staying another 5 years and 5 x more than we have now.

Hang on, if rovers do get relegated then players like Rhodes would leave and the club wouldn't hold them back...

Rhodes knows this and so does his agent.

There is no need to manoeuvre for a transfer and burn bridges.

If an offer comes that suits everyone, then Rhodes will go... But if it doesn't suit the club... I think he'd stay and wait and see.

Rhodes depends entirely on quality players behind him. If they go and are replaced by worse as is on the cards then his goals will dry up and his value and wage demands fall. Hardly rocket science is it BR?

The world has moved on since Hull offered a £12m deal for Rhodes last August.

I've maintained recently that Rovers would do well to get a total of £15m including extras for both Rhodes and Gestede.

Even if we sell both Rhodes and Gestede, I very much doubt it would be sufficient to get the FFP embargo lifted.

The bottom line is that Rovers are presently kept alive by the Raos either using their own capital to issue more share capital or personally borrowing money from BOI in order to issue more share capital.

IMV, it can't and wont continue so I fully expect both Rhodes and Gestede plus a couple of others to be sold in order to 'bank roll' next season's losses. Some fans will scoff at the perceived knock down prices but in reality, we are between a rock and a hard place and the macho posturing from Shaw, Bowyer etc about values is precisely just that.

Hull offered £12m last summer, Venky's turned it down, not Shaw and Bowyer. Jordan Rhodes scored another 20 goals this season in a team that doesn't even play to his strengths. Venky's obviously don't feel that finacially they need to sell him. Ergo they aren't going to sell for less than £12m considering he has another 4 years left on his contract. They MIGHT sell him, but it won't be for £6m. C Palace will probably back me up. They tried to get Gestede for £3.5m six months ago and were rightly laughed at. If you pay attention to the hints and indications that come out of the LT (nowadays an official 'partner' of Rovers) you will see that Gestede is valued at closer to £10m by Rovers and if one thing is certain it's that the Venky's won't sell on the cheap (Rhodes, Jones and Gestede have all proved that). I'd imagine they are fuming that King has left for a fraction of what he might be potentially worth if he stays injury free and fulfils his potential at B'mouth.

How? It's telephone numbers and already at an impossible level for a club with middling Championship income. Probably take every penny we get in ST's simply to pay the interest.

I've no idea how, that's down to the experts, but didn't Risedale leave Leeds in 80m debt? They survived after Bates came in, its not a foregone conclusion that the club will fold, in fact history shows it simply will not happen.

Get them out, NOW

with or without its better to try and recover now than the slum dogs staying another 5 years and 5 x more than we have now.

I am still of the opinion that if the debt if it is put against the club then we are already beyond the point of no return.

Like being one of these nutty school shooters in the US, once the first victim is dead and you accept that you will save the last bullet for yourself then you may as well kill 50.

Hull offered £12m last summer, Venky's turned it down, not Shaw and Bowyer. Jordan Rhodes scored another 20 goals this season in a team that doesn't even play to his strengths. Venky's obviously don't feel that finacially they need to sell him. Ergo they aren't going to sell for less than £12m considering he has another 4 years left on his contract. They MIGHT sell him, but it won't be for £6m. C Palace will probably back me up. They tried to get Gestede for £3.5m six months ago and were rightly laughed at. If you pay attention to the hints and indications that come out of the LT (nowadays an official 'partner' of Rovers) you will see that Gestede is valued at closer to £10m by Rovers and if one thing is certain it's that the Venky's won't sell on the cheap (Rhodes, Jones and Gestede have all proved that). I'd imagine they are fuming that King has left for a fraction of what he might be potentially worth if he stays injury free and fulfils his potential at B'mouth.

The oracle has spoken

Archived