BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s a shame because he looks to be a skilful player with goals in him.

In our position, if he isn't ready for the first team due to injuries, then get rid. Let some other club invest their time and money in bringing him through.

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think we might regret doing that.

13 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think we might regret, ignoring things that are going wrong, more.

He currently has a deal until the end of the season with an option for a further year, given when he signed that deal, it will be on a low wage.

If he is currently injured, we cannot sell him anyway, and he would not have any sale value either.  It is no real risk to keep hold of him, and see what transpires.  If they can afford to offer deals to the likes of Baker and Saadi, then they can afford to keep hold of someone on a similar wage with much higher potential

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KentExile said:

He currently has a deal until the end of the season with an option for a further year, given when he signed that deal, it will be on a low wage.

If he is currently injured, we cannot sell him anyway, and he would not have any sale value either.  It is no real risk to keep hold of him, and see what transpires.  If they can afford to offer deals to the likes of Baker and Saadi, then they can afford to keep hold of someone on a similar wage with much higher potential

If he is injury prone, his potential is zero to a club in our financial position.

16 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Honestly the journalism on our club is pathetic.

Zero updates on either Whitehall or Finneran it's genuinely pathetic.

How can even the local journals not have a clue.

Gestede came in to support Comms, where are the Comms? 

Anyone have his email?

Imnotsurewhyiamhere@confused.com

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Imnotsurewhyiamhere@confused.com

Ah just got an out of office:

Dear whomever it may concern,

As you will know I've been CEO for 10 years, I've tried to sell the training ground, and done fuck all else for the last few years.

I will get back to you when I'm back from my 11 year sabbatical.

Best Regards 

Steven.

Able to supply Gestedes please? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Does that apply to some of the first team squad ? I can think of 3 right of the top of my head that miss games regularly.

Of course it does. But there are not many managers that will drop injury prone first team players, when they have no replacements.

On 13/07/2024 at 19:54, unleaded said:

Barret was poor gave away the penalty & looked nervous even at this level ….

Jack Hastings who played for an hour in his trial game last week has Ipswich on his Tail as well as Rovers ..He looks the real deal …He also scored for Ipswich on his trial game ….

IMG_5873.thumb.jpeg.f959fc88e1d3f6e8cb14ef2c2c8db45e.jpegHastings  played for Larne today. Scored 4 in a 6-1 win …. 

36 odd goals last year & he’s going strength to Strength … Rovers need to press the button on him before someone else does …. We just don’t have anyone currently like him in the whole Academy Set up ….. 

Ok I've read the earlier posts and know who Barrett is now.

No prizes for guessing which of these two we end up with...

• Like 1

Saadi must have signed a new deal if he is going Austria.

What has happened to Eastham? Noticed he's not featured in any of the pre season games or u21 games as yet, and isn't going to Austria.

Edited by MarkBRFC

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

What has happened to Eastham? Noticed he's not featured in any of the pre season games or u21 games as yet, and isn't going to Austria.

No clue cos Gestede hasn't followed through on his actions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Eastham's main draw-back is his lack of height.

Edited by rigger

It seems to me you can rarely predict what's going on with the back-up goalkeepers at Rovers. In the Tranmere friendly, Rovers had Adam Khan as the understudy on the bench, with Hilton and Pears playing a game each. However, the fact Michalski is going to Austria (and has been on the bench before) suggests he is ahead in the pecking order.

With Barrett being looked at, it would suggest that Eastham isn't in the picture, even though he has a year left to go on his contract, as far as I know. Hopefully, he'll get the transfer or the decent loan move he needs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riverholmes said:

It seems to me you can rarely predict what's going on with the back-up goalkeepers at Rovers. In the Tranmere friendly, Rovers had Adam Khan as the understudy on the bench, with Hilton and Pears playing a game each. However, the fact Michalski is going to Austria (and has been on the bench before) suggests he is ahead in the pecking order.

With Barrett being looked at, it would suggest that Eastham isn't in the picture, even though he has a year left to go on his contract, as far as I know. Hopefully, he'll get the transfer or the decent loan move he needs.

Eastham should have been release a year or 2 ago. He needs to be playing first team football. He would be decent signing for league 2 or national league team

Atchison and Doherty on the bench for Northern Ireland U19s

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00217m2/uefa-mens-u19-euro-championship-2024-northern-ireland-v-ukraine

Game is live on BBC iPlayer if anyone wants to see if they get any minutes

Spoiler - Doherty came on for the last 15ish mins, looked quite direct & forward thinking, decent turn of pace, very one footed though

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

Apparently the U21s played Fleetwood yesterday afternoon, cant seem to find anything online barring the announcement of a change in kick off time

Edit - Rovers won 7-1

No other details , but you would think Rovers would be trying to find any excuse to post something positive at the moment.  A result like this make it even more bizarre that the club have not said anything

https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/match-centre/fixtures/blackburn-rovers-xi-v-fleetwood-town-xi/?goto=match-centre-lineup-tab

2nd Edit - Rovers have knocked 4 goals off, 3-1 now, that is very nice of them

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/july/18/report--fleetwood-town-under-21s-1-3-rovers-under-21s/

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Apparently the U21s played Fleetwood yesterday afternoon, cant seem to find anything online barring the announcement of a change in kick off time

As far as friendly games are concerned there appears to have been a news blackout from Rovers. I haven't seen any games listed on the website and no reports given. I found out we are playing Nantwich Town away at 3pm on Saturday by scouring some non-league fixtures.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KentExile said:

There is a pattern forming here with the new deals. Having seen many of them I don't believe they are good enough but when injuries, suspensions and players being sold really starts to bite they will be in the first team squad because we aren't able to bring players in.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There is a pattern forming here with the new deals. Having seen many of them I don't believe they are good enough but when injuries, suspensions and players being sold really starts to bite they will be in the first team squad because we aren't able to bring players in.

Fully expecting Biniek, Caddick and maybe also Pratt to also sign extensions this week or next (like Wood and Olson, they had extensions triggered a few weeks ago), Saadi obviously has signed one as he is away with the first team in Austria, and Alex Baker having been injured for the past 2 years will also sign as he wont have a better offer anywhere else

* only saying maybe Pratt as he is older than the others, so will no longer be eligible for the U21s after this season

Edited by KentExile