BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

There are two games today for each of the under 21's and 18's. With the senior signings this week both teams should be more representative of the relative age groups.

Edited by arbitro

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Will Mafoumbi be playing today?

You would hope so, but the Rovers academy twitter admin is only 25% (at best) likely to tell us 😉 

We may find out some point last week, but are still waiting the result of the U18s game from Tuesday, so don't put your mortgage on finding out unless someone on this forum is in attendance

The under 21's beat Hull 5-0 at Brockhall earlier today. Whilst it's undoubtedly a great result it doesn't really reflect the game as Rovers were clinical and Hull, with a mixture of bad finishing, good goalkeeping and hitting the woodwork weren't. Some good individual performances from Rovers players but the team performance was very good with a decent intensity in the play. Barrett in goal made some top drawer saves but it's fair to say he is no Ederson when it comes to playing out from the back. With no Duru, Batty, Gamble or Tyjon playing it leads me to believe that there might be a BCD game early next week to give the recent signings some minutes to improve their fitness levels.

• Like 6

Can anyone watch a game at the academy?

We was on our way back from lytham today and passing the brockhall sign on the motorway....live near hull now so was tempted to pop and watch the game/have a nosey at the academy

3 minutes ago, levi said:

Can anyone watch a game at the academy?

We was on our way back from lytham today and passing the brockhall sign on the motorway....live near hull now so was tempted to pop and watch the game/have a nosey at the academy

Yes, and it is free, but that Brockhall sign is for the nature reserve, not the academy.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The under 21's beat Hull 5-0 at Brockhall earlier today. Whilst it's undoubtedly a great result it doesn't really reflect the game as Rovers were clinical and Hull, with a mixture of bad finishing, good goalkeeping and hitting the woodwork weren't. Some good individual performances from Rovers players but the team performance was very good with a decent intensity in the play. Barrett in goal made some top drawer saves but it's fair to say he is no Ederson when it comes to playing out from the back. With no Duru, Batty, Gamble or Tyjon playing it leads me to believe that there might be a BCD game early next week to give the recent signings some minutes to improve their fitness levels.

How did the new french lad do?

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

Yes, and it is free, but that Brockhall sign is for the nature reserve, not the academy.

I was trying to think where on the motorway Brockhall is signposted, then read your post and realised he’d seen the sign for Brockholes Nature Reserve in Preston! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

Ok cheers i'll keep it in mind

Would it be the same turn off for the academy?

I'd use google maps from there i'd have thought

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

How did the new french lad do?

He did well. Scored a tap in and showed an appetite for hard work by pressing and running in behind. He looks string and quick too. He was taken off soon after half time but it wasn't a reflection on his performance. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Thanks for the report, do you know who played for Rovers? (Barrett and Mafoumbi aside)

27 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Thanks for the report, do you know who played for Rovers? (Barrett and Mafoumbi aside)

Atcheson, Saadi, Olson, Wood, Montgomery, Caddick, O'Grady-Macken, Edmundson and Strich, Powell, Litherland, Honour and Doherty were among the substitutes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Atcheson, Saadi, Olson, Wood, Montgomery, Caddick, O'Grady-Macken, Edmundson and Strich, Powell, Litherland, Honour and Doherty were among the substitutes

Thanks 🙂 

any sign of Pratt, Baker or Whitehall?

16 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Thanks 🙂 

any sign of Pratt, Baker or Whitehall?

I saw Pratt talking to Gestede but it doesn't appear he is fit yet. Whitehall came on at half time but no sign of Baker yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, levi said:

It's the same turn off from the motorway (tickled trout) but it is probably 15 miles to the academy. And not the easiest to find if you don't know the way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

He did well. Scored a tap in and showed an appetite for hard work by pressing and running in behind. He looks string and quick too. He was taken off soon after half time but it wasn't a reflection on his performance. 

How quick are we talking?

3 hours ago, levi said:

No, it's not close to Brockhall Nature Reserve - the training ground is close to Whalley (north of Blackburn).

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I saw Pratt talking to Gestede but it doesn't appear he is fit yet. Whitehall came on at half time but no sign of Baker yet.

I had high hopes for Whitehall prior to all the injuries but surely, if he fit again and worthy of another contract then he should be making the U21’s if not pushing for the first team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

No, it's not close to Brockhall Nature Reserve - the training ground is close to Whalley (north of Blackburn).

It is not close, but tickled trout is the turn off the motorway (M6), for both  the nature reserve and the acadamy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rigger said:

It is not close, but tickled trout is the turn off the motorway (M6), for both  the nature reserve and the acadamy.

Fair enough - I come from the Blackburn end, so I'd travel via Whitebirk 👍

13 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

How quick are we talking?

Difficult to say but on first impression not dissimilar to Junior Hoilett. He is quite stocky and players of that build seen to have speed off the mark rather than pace over a distance.

• Like 4