BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

8 hours ago, rigger said:

The person asking the question was travelling from Lytham.

Yes - and the quote I was responded to was advising that the M6 turn off for both locations could be the same.

As I travel from the other direction, I didn't know this.

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Dolan was nowhere near as quick as Hoilett. 

To be fair, Hoilett was a tricky player but wasn’t actually that quick beyond the first few yards. Like Dolan, low centre of gravity but short legs.

• Like 2

Apparently both the U21s and U18s played Everton away this morning

Our social media people got as far as posting the U18s lineup, but then seem to have given up and gone home

Does anyone know how our teams got on?

Edited by KentExile

Some non league games that may be of interest

Gamble is on the bench for Fylde

Atcheson starts for Marine, not sure where Montgomery is

Michalski starts for Bamber Bridge

As an aside, Goddard has been first choice at Dundalk since he signed on loan for them, they drew 1-1 last night.   Dan Pike is also there these days too

• Like 5

• Backroom
1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Some non league games that may be of interest

Gamble is on the bench for Fylde

Atcheson starts for Marine, not sure where Montgomery is

Michalski starts for Bamber Bridge

As an aside, Goddard has been first choice at Dundalk since he signed on loan for them, they drew 1-1 last night.   Dan Pike is also there these days too

Michael Potts! He was superb for me on FM2010

• Like 1

Atcheson had a composed debut at Marine. Looked to read the game a level or two above the opposition and held up to the physical challenge. He also looks to have a decent turn of pace, not dissimilar to Carter in style.

I'm not sure the National League North is the best level for him to be cutting his teeth, but hopefully he grows quickly.

Montgomery not making the team, unless injured, at 20 is probably not the best sign.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mars Rover said:

Atcheson had a composed debut at Marine. Looked to read the game a level or two above the opposition and held up to the physical challenge. He also looks to have a decent turn of pace, not dissimilar to Carter in style.

I'm not sure the National League North is the best level for him to be cutting his teeth, but hopefully he grows quickly.

Montgomery not making the team, unless injured, at 20 is probably not the best sign.

Men's football at 17 means he's on the fast track.

If he bosses it in the National League North after 6 months we can easily bring him back in January and send him to a higher level.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Never heard of him, but Academy lad Patric Farkas has signed a 2 year deal pro deal. He’s a 17 year old Hungarian.

Anyone seen him play?

He jumped ship from Liverpool to come here a couple of years ago because they saw him as a wide forward but he wanted to play more as a central midfielder

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2022/08/25/blackburn-rovers-complete-coup-as-permanent-signing-joins-from-liverpool-and-becomes-latest-to-head-from-merseyside-to-lancashire/

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, KentExile said:

He jumped ship from Liverpool to come here a couple of years ago because they saw him as a wide forward but he wanted to play more as a central midfielder

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2022/08/25/blackburn-rovers-complete-coup-as-permanent-signing-joins-from-liverpool-and-becomes-latest-to-head-from-merseyside-to-lancashire/

Cheers, seems like there are high hopes for the Pleasington Puskas! 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Never heard of him, but Academy lad Patric Farkas has signed a 2 year deal pro deal. He’s a 17 year old Hungarian.

Anyone seen him play?

Same name as the Hungarian guy who scored one of the best goals in the 1966 World Cup. Jaime Farkas, he was a cracking player. I wonder if they’re related?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Same name as the Hungarian guy who scored one of the best goals in the 1966 World Cup. Jaime Farkas, he was a cracking player. I wonder if they’re related?

No idea but just googled the name and it came up with Janos Farkas who did indeed play in the ‘66 WC. Died of a heart attack aged 47

36 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

No idea but just googled the name and it came up with Janos Farkas who did indeed play in the ‘66 WC. Died of a heart attack aged 47

That’s him. Scored a fantastic volley against Brazil.  There’s a black and white film of it on YouTube. Top notch player who would have made it big but wasn’t allowed to play in the West back then.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

On 10/08/2024 at 16:57, Mars Rover said:

Some player this lad. Prob not a bad low pressure loan for him to begin but at 17 he's massive and quick. Definitely one for the future that I see playing for us week in week out. Next Hayden Carter if not better. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KentExile said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/august/12/lorenze-returns-to-bamber-bridge/

Mullarkey-Matthews to Bamber Bridge on half season loan

Whilst I do like us loaning out the youngsters (despite questioning the level some of them are being sent to), I'm starting to wonder if the youth sides are going to have enough decent players to be competitive in their leagues. Granted, that matters less for the U21s than it used to thanks to that ridiculous system they introduced last year, but it still helps players develop if their teammates are better.

On 11/08/2024 at 21:10, Neal said:

Some player this lad. Prob not a bad low pressure loan for him to begin but at 17 he's massive and quick. Definitely one for the future that I see playing for us week in week out. Next Hayden Carter if not better. 

From what I've seen and heard, I'd have thought we could have landed him a loan at least one league higher. Hopefully he bosses that league and gets recalled in January to go a league or two up.

• Like 3