BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

37 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Garrett didn't get off the bench for Bristol Rovers. 😞

and yet their fans are saying he should be in their strongest 11

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/22690/strongest-starting-eleven

Markanday by all accounts was outstanding for Chesterfield, but in League 2, I would genuinely expect him to be in the divisional team of the season without breaking a sweat

Edited by KentExile

The scoreline doesn't really reflect the game and in truth there is a case for making Jordan Eastham the man of the match as he made several excellent saves. We were clinical in our finishing though which was the most pleasing aspect of the game. Iannis Hagi looked a class act and I asked one of the Rangers backroom staff why he wasn't in the first team. He told me that there was a fall out with the manager and also a rumour that playing one more game entitles him to a hefty pay increase. He is the type of creative player I would like to see here but Rangers would want a decent few for him. It might be worth a cheeky loan deal 😄😄.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The scoreline doesn't really reflect the game and in truth there is a case for making Jordan Eastham the man of the match as he made several excellent saves. We were clinical in our finishing though which was the most pleasing aspect of the game. Iannis Hagi looked a class act and I asked one of the Rangers backroom staff why he wasn't in the first team. He told me that there was a fall out with the manager and also a rumour that playing one more game entitles him to a hefty pay increase. He is the type of creative player I would like to see here but Rangers would want a decent few for him. It might be worth a cheeky loan deal 😄😄.

Eastham played?  I thought it was an U18 game

What team did Rovers put out?

Edited by KentExile

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Eastham played?  I thought it was an U18 game

What team did Rovers put out?

It was a friendly and the fact it was listed on the under 18's fixtures was a misnomer I think we Rangers had a few older players too. There were no team sheets but from memory Eastham, Bell, Davies, Litherland, Strich, Boggan, Saadi, Biniek, Shorrocks, Edmondson were either started or came on.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, arbitro said:

It was a friendly and the fact it was listed on the under 18's fixtures was a misnomer I think we Rangers had a few older players too. There were no team sheets but from memory Eastham, Bell, Davies, Litherland, Strich, Boggan, Saadi, Biniek, Shorrocks, Edmondson were either started or came on.

How’s Edmonson doing? He looked a good player from his brief cameo against Harrogate in the cup (If I’m thinking  of the right player - left footed CM)

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

How’s Edmonson doing? He looked a good player from his brief cameo against Harrogate in the cup (If I’m thinking  of the right player - left footed CM)

The Edmondson who played yesterday is Stephen, the younger brother James who debuted at Harrogate. James is, I understand is still coming back from a long term injury.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The Edmondson who played yesterday is Stephen, the younger brother James who debuted at Harrogate. James is, I understand is still coming back from a long term injury.

Thanks. I thought he looked a good un. 

Where does Stephen play? And do we have the new Wharton’s on our hands?!

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

James has played for the U21s a few times in pre season, and started v Everton U21 in PL2 on Friday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/c1k3m0kev7jt#Line-ups

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Thanks. I thought he looked a good un. 

Where does Stephen play? And do we have the new Wharton’s on our hands?!

They are both midfielders. Hopefully we have another pair of brothers coming through but I'm not sure how local they are. Wiki mentions American descent through a grandparent.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Has Mafoumbi played for the U21s yet? How has he looked?

He has - apparently he's looked bright.

He's training with the first team if the video they've just released on Twitter is anything to go by (unless we have another black lad that can speak French - 'cos someone walked out of the changing rooms deep in conversation with Gueye).

• Like 1

Tom Atcheson called up for Northern Ireland U21s, (he is still only 17)

Bold claim time - Barring injuries (to either himself or other Rovers players necessitating that he is brought back as cover), I think that there is every chance that he goes on loan to a League club in the second half of the season and gets a call up to the full Northern Ireland squad by the end of the season.

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2024/august/u21s-squad-for-euro-qualifier-against-england-revealed

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 3

On 20/08/2024 at 08:30, arbitro said:

They are both midfielders. Hopefully we have another pair of brothers coming through but I'm not sure how local they are. Wiki mentions American descent through a grandparent.

Scousers, was standing next to the proud Dad and Grandad at Harrogate last season when he came on for debut,and scored.

• Like 3