BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Emphatic result as you would expect with the team selected.

ACD must have played himself into contention for a start on Saturday,whilst Cantwell kept it simple, one great shot apart from the edge of the box that hit the post that Duberry converted.

Toth not surprisingly had nothing to do so impossible to judge him today although he looked comfortable enough on the ball.

With Atcheson and Litherland the future of the central defence looks really bright for years as long as we can hang onto them

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Great link. Whilst I saw your post about half an hour in to the game I used YouTube's facility to just go to the start of the game. Rewinds were good to have more looks at the goals.

Yeh I had to miss most of it due to a bit of an emergency I had going on. Caught ACD's second and Duru's though. I've rewound to the start to watch it properly, just before I read your post. Handy feature that. You'd think the club would be advertising this could be watched for free, but as ever, nope. I got a random youtube notification, otherwise several of us would've had no idea.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Cantwell off...Hopefully in the mix for Saturday.

Not if he's taken off after 60 minutes. They're clearly building him up to match fitness. 

Remember JRC has looked like he's running in treacle through games and they gave him almost all of this game to get him back to fitness as he's at least had a pre-season.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Carlisle are worse than us at playing out from the back. Duru and Tyjon are impressive, but the game itself is just a kick-around. We will see in the second half what players fitness levels are.

I felt sorry for the Carlisle lads to be honest - Toth, McFadzean, JRC, Buckley, Cantwell (and at a stretch a highly rated Brighton loanee) is half of a Championship starting XI. 

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I felt sorry for the Carlisle lads to be honest - Toth, McFadzean, JRC, Buckley, Cantwell (and at a stretch a highly rated Brighton loanee) is half of a Championship starting XI. 

How many of the ones you mentioned are in our starting 11 ?

59 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think ACD is a stretch. He'll be a regular starter for us very soon I reckon.

Whereas Toth is unproven here, McFadz is ageing and on the way out, JRC is highly unfit at the moment, and Buckley is more inconsistent than English weather.

51 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I don't think ACD is a stretch. He'll be a regular starter for us very soon I reckon.

Whereas Toth is unproven here, McFadz is ageing and on the way out, JRC is highly unfit at the moment, and Buckley is more inconsistent than English weather.

I am still not convinced by ACD, but fully agree with the rest of your assessment.

As well as the obvious positives, JRC looked absolutely shagged after 10-15 minutes, he seems absolutely miles off being match fit.

ACD and Duru linked up so well, hoping to see more of them in the first team. 

Cantwell looked to be gaining sharpness without overdoing it, I think we'll be seeing more of him soon.

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

A hat-trick against Carlisle u21s does not convince me. Good performances regardless of goals in the championship will.

The lad has spent barely 30 minutes on the pitch in the first team, half of it when we were coasting 3-0 up. No fan should have any serious opinion on him one way or the other yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The lad has spent barely 30 minutes on the pitch in the first team, half of it when we were coasting 3-0 up. No fan should have any serious opinion on him one way or the other yet.

That is why I stated I wasn't convinced by ACD yet