BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

5 hours ago, rigger said:

How many of the ones you mentioned are in our starting 11 ?

Currently? None, that's why they're picking up minutes in the U21s.

In the future? Well I don't see them train every day, but Toth, JRC, ACD and Cantwell would walk into my starting XI on talent. 

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh I had to miss most of it due to a bit of an emergency I had going on. Caught ACD's second and Duru's though. I've rewound to the start to watch it properly, just before I read your post. Handy feature that. You'd think the club would be advertising this could be watched for free, but as ever, nope. I got a random youtube notification, otherwise several of us would've had no idea.

I've subscribed to the Rovers YouTube channel for ages and use it but got nothing pre game.

I'm glad you posted that link. Thanks.

Rovers now seem to be actually using their channel more and quicker post match and for interviews.

The short version goal highlights are already posted on YT

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I've subscribed to the Rovers YouTube channel for ages and use it but got nothing pre game.

I'm glad you posted that link. Thanks.

Rovers now seem to be actually using their channel more and quicker post match and for interviews.

The short version goal highlights are already posted on YT

A good run out for the lads.

• Like 1

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/september/25/national-league-cup-fixtures-confirmed/

• Altrincham v Rovers Under-21s
    J Davidson Stadium
    Tuesday October 8th
    Kick-off 7.30pm

• Rochdale v Rovers Under-21s
    The Crown Oil Arena
    Tuesday November 5th
    Kick-off 7pm
  • Oldham Athletic v Rovers Under-21s
    Boundary Park
    Tuesday December 10th
    Kick-off 7pm

• Forest Green Rovers v Rovers Under-21s
    The Innocent New Lawn
    Tuesday January 21st
    Kick-off 7pm
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, KentExile said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/september/25/national-league-cup-fixtures-confirmed/

• Altrincham v Rovers Under-21s
    J Davidson Stadium
    Tuesday October 8th
    Kick-off 7.30pm

• Rochdale v Rovers Under-21s
    The Crown Oil Arena
    Tuesday November 5th
    Kick-off 7pm
  • Oldham Athletic v Rovers Under-21s
    Boundary Park
    Tuesday December 10th
    Kick-off 7pm

• Forest Green Rovers v Rovers Under-21s
    The Innocent New Lawn
    Tuesday January 21st
    Kick-off 7pm

I’ll go to the Rochdale and Oldham games I think.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/september/25/michalski-recalled-from-bamber-bridge-loan/

Nicholas Michalski has been recalled from his loan spell at Bamber Bridge. No reason has been given but I'm guessing that the sheer volume of matches has a bearing on it.

What do you mean by that? He's a goalie, 11 games so far shouldn't have been too much. And we could always ask them to rest him if it was. Seems an odd one to me, this.

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

What do you mean by that? He's a goalie, 11 games so far shouldn't have been too much. And we could always ask them to rest him if it was. Seems an odd one to me, this.

I took it as our under 21's will have a significant number of games coming up with all the competitions we are in so he will be needed here, rather than how many he would play for Bamber Bridge.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I mean the volume of matches we have coming up through the four competitors we are in. Mike Sheron likes to rotate often.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I took it as our under 21's will have a significant number of games coming up with all the competitions we are in so he will be needed here, rather than how many he would play for Bamber Bridge.

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I mean the volume of matches we have coming up through the four competitors we are in. Mike Sheron likes to rotate often.

Don't we already have tons of keepers still at the club to rotate though?

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Don't we already have tons of keepers still at the club to rotate though?

Pears and Toth are the two first team keepers supported by Hilton who is with the first team every match although Eastham has a squad number.. That leaves Barrett, Michalski and Khan. Goddard  Honor and Eastham are out on loan.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Pears and Toth are the two first team keepers supported by Hilton who is with the first team every match although Eastham has a squad number.. That leaves Barrett, Michalski and Khan. Goddard  Honor and Eastham are out on loan.

That sounds like more than enough to me without bringing Michalski back. One of the first team squad keepers should be dipping into the u21s from time to time to keep sharp. Think it would have been best to let Michalski keep tasting first team football.

56 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That sounds like more than enough to me without bringing Michalski back. One of the first team squad keepers should be dipping into the u21s from time to time to keep sharp. Think it would have been best to let Michalski keep tasting first team football.

Bamber Bridge did bring in a keeper from PNE last week (who was also on loan at Bamber Bridge last season and the season before)

It is not clear if Rovers have recalled Michalski because of this, or if Bamber Bridge brought in the guy from PNE because Rovers were about to recall Michalski,

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, unleaded said:

Next Gem …Harvey Higgens 

IMG_6293.jpeg

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Great, but such a shame when I see something like this my first thought is now 'great, another one we will lose for bugger all'. Hope we can reverse this recent trend again.

I think Higgins is a Rovers fan, so this may be another Adam Wharton situation * rather than a Finneran/Phillips

* As in, he signs a scholarship deal, and then maybe a couple of full time contracts and features for the first team for a couple of years rather than jumps ship at the first opportunity

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, unleaded said:

Next Gem …Harvey Higgens 

IMG_6293.jpeg

I went to my granddaughters sports day in July and noticed this young lad running in the 400 metres. His physique and athleticism struck me immediately. He was also in the high jump and his technique was excellent. I asked my granddaughter what he was called and she told me it was Harvey Higgins and he was on with Rovers. I saw him play as a substitute in an under 17 game at Man City a few weeks ago and he certainly looks the part. Another Rovers fan also she told me.

• Like 2

U21s play Newcastle at 7pm.  Game is free to view on the Newcastle site/ap from 6:45pm (you have to sign up)

https://www.newcastleunited.com/en/live/271658

https://www.newcastleunited.com/en/matches/U21/newcastle-united-u21-v-blackburn-rovers-u21-english-premier-league-2-20240927?tab=live

Rovers team (Atcheson presumably playing as Marine do not play again for anther week), Surprised not to see either Leonard or Tyjon.  Maybe they are being saved for Preston U21s on Monday?

Barrett

Murphy-Worrell Olsen Atcheson R.Doherty

O'Grady-Macken    J.Edmondson

A.Doherty         Biniek         Bloxham

Mafoumbi

Subs

Honor, Powell, Caddick, Bell, Strich, 

No Finneran for Newcastle

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1