BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Were does the 2million a month loss come from.

Blackburn Rovers as of just some five years ago:

Tenth in the Premierleauge.

Average crowd of 25,000+.

Club debt a 'manageable' 21 Million.

A competent Board and Manager.

It is simply true to say that Burnley fans themselves could not have done a better job of fecking our club up...it's been an unmitigated disaster by the Loons from Pune,the carnage of their awful tenure laid bare for all to see.

...And it's getting worse folks!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn Rovers as of just some five years ago:

Tenth in the Premierleauge.

Average crowd of 25,000+.

Club debt a manageable 21 Million.

A competent Board and Manager.

It is simply true to say that Burnley fans themselves could not have done a better job of fecking our club up...it's been an unmitigated disaster by the Loons from Pune.

No sign of things improving either !

The current monthly losses now are nowhere near £2m. It is impossible that a squad of only 24 (distinctly average) Championship players can be paid anywhere close to the £34m wage bill in 2013/14. Although there are exceptions (eg Rhodes and Best) most of the squad players will be earning £500k max such that the current wage bill is in the region of £20m. The (final) parachute payment for 2015/16 is £8m so the current loss is the difference between the gate receipts/Championship TV/commercial income and the wage bill plus other operating costs. That will certainly be a loss but nowhere close to £24m.

The current monthly losses now are nowhere near £2m. It is impossible that a squad of only 24 (distinctly average) Championship players can be paid anywhere close to the £34m wage bill in 2013/14. Although there are exceptions (eg Rhodes and Best) most of the squad players will be earning £500k max such that the current wage bill is in the region of £20m. The (final) parachute payment for 2015/16 is £8m so the current loss is the difference between the gate receipts/Championship TV/commercial income and the wage bill plus other operating costs. That will certainly be a loss but nowhere close to £24m.

Jake Kean supposedly £12k a week as 4th choice keeper. Best and Rhodes nearly £4m a year between them including NI . If your estimate of the wage bill is £20m then how much do you think it costs to run the rest of the operation? Our income from ST and match day sales plus corporate and sponsorship( though pre parachutes )is about £6m .Total income cannot be much above £15million at best and we have had Robinson plus pay offs for Orr, Murphy, Etuhu and Pedersen going on.

You aint going to be far short of losses of £20-£25million in the year to 30th June 2015 unless we have a lot of volunteers at the Club.

The payoffs for Ped, Ethu, Murphy were booked in the 2013/14 accounts as £16m of exceptional write-offs. The other operating costs (ie other than payroll) are mainly amortisation of players transfer fees. As the current squad (apart form Rhodes and Best) cost naff-all this expense should be much less than in earlier years eg £10m in 2012/13.

We are more than likely still paying off people via the monthly wage bill and probably will be doing for a while yet so that all adds to the annual loses until everyone is squared up.

The payoffs for Ped, Ethu, Murphy were booked in the 2013/14 accounts as £16m of exceptional write-offs. The other operating costs (ie other than payroll) are mainly amortisation of players transfer fees. As the current squad (apart form Rhodes and Best) cost naff-all this expense should be much less than in earlier years eg £10m in 2012/13.

It's hardly a happy subject alcd and I hope you are nearer than me for the clubs sake!

But for a bit of Summer sport I am sticking with my losses for year to 30 June 2015 as £23 million . What's your estimate?

All welcome to throw a number it so feel free to join the sweep!!

I'll take a punt at 26 million :huh:

Sadly Tomphil I suspect we are both in the ball park. If so that's losses of over £100 million in the last 3 financial years !! Jesus H , good job we have plenty to show for it.

Even I would embargo us at that rate!!

Sadly Tomphil I suspect we are both in the ball park. If so that's losses of over £100 million in the last 3 financial years !! Jesus H , good job we have plenty to show for it.

Even I would embargo us at that rate!!

Think ball park figure will be anything between 22 million to 28 million anything under will be a miracle

Only if you're stupid enough to believe every piece of nonsense that gets posted on here, by ITKNs.

CwfzEck.jpg

The preceding page had us repaying a separate 5 Million of loans secured against our parachute payment in August 2014 so it does look like we borrowed with our 2014-15 parachute payment as security. Please note that the only way this affects our loss/FFP is the interest payments.

After this season's accounts are published, I think I will use pictures to help explain things.

Only if you're stupid enough to believe every piece of nonsense that gets posted on here, by ITKNs.

Whoops! So eager to go on the attack.

;)

CwfzEck.jpg

;

The preceding page had us repaying a separate 5 Million of loans secured against our parachute payment in August 2014 so it does look like we borrowed with our 2014-15 parachute payment as security. Please note that the only way this affects our loss/FFP is the interest payments.

After this season's accounts are published, I think I will use pictures to help explain things.

So the accounts are made up as well, oh ok nowt to worry about then. How's the view from the inside of your dune these days ^_^

I agree.

Once we have got Orr's pay-off and Robinson's salary out of our system then the only two players we have who can be on 'big' money are Rhodes and Best. Possibly also Hanley but he signed a new deal when Bowyer became manager so I would be surprised if he was on huge money.

Everyone else has been signed in the last couple of years on what we are led to believe are manageable and sensible contracts. Certainly the likes of Spurr, Kilgallon, Brown, Taylor and co. will be on average/low end Championship wages.

We need to bear in mind that we CAN afford to have one or two 'big' earners like Rhodes at the club, providing that the owners are prepared to pick up the tab for that.

From 2016 onwards we will be allowed losses of £13 million average a year. Even including running costs, which don't apply to FFP, we could still pay one or two players big money and stay within that permissible level of loss, as long as whoever owns the club is willing/able to pick up the tab for that.

My policy would be to fight tooth and nail to keep our best players through until next summer (2016). By that stage the pay-offs and Orr/Robbo will be through the accounts and we will have another 12 months to make savings. From then on if we're not out of the embargo serious questions need to be asked of Shaw and co. as to why not when every other club has managed it.

Lets remember that the 22 clubs not under an embargo, with the exception of Leeds (McCormack) have not had to sell any prized assets to comply. We're 12-24 months behind those clubs after the fiasco of 2012-13 but that doesn't mean we HAVE to sell our best players to eventually comply.

Mine has Page 4 on it (not counting any coversheets or table of contents).

Page 13 of the accounts filed at companies house for Venkys London Limited has net debt as £21,175,075

are we looking at differing accounts ?

Let's be honest. None of us has a clue what the current costs are or how much of them have been reserved in the prior year accounts. All of the "estimates" are pure guesswork.

Archived