BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EH ? 20 plus goals in the last six seasons he's no journeyman Nodrog

149 goals in 239 league starts, including 29 in two season in the Premier League, would suggest neither is Le Fondre.

I wouldnt be surprise if Rovers looked to sign Lloyd Dyer from Watford. He is available from Watford.

Love the way you pick on some random name you like who's available then put it forward as though we're actually interested chadders.

Anything to suggest we are? If so, my humble apologies.

149 goals in 239 league starts, including 29 in two season in the Premier League, would suggest neither is Le Fondre.

Eh? Thought he'd gone to Wolves?

Love the way you pick on some random name you like who's available then put it forward as though we're actually interested chadders.

We were linked with Him in January according to the LT but in the end he went to Burmingham.

Now Watford have made him available for transfer/loan then thats way I'm suggesting his name Rev.

Correct Gav it's important to keep JR otherwise we're in the mire

Jr's record in the last 6 seasons is phenomenal he's the best striker outside the premership yet some clowns want to get rid of him.. Some people need to give their heads a wobble

JR's record is phenomenal - but in those six seasons the only accolade that the team he was playing for won was the 1st Division. Personally I only advocate getting rid if we can spend some of the money we receive to buy a player with pace to replace him. The difference showed in the FA Cup when King played on his own up front - his pace made average balls into good passes - with Rhodes you don't have that luxury. It may be a reflection of the midfield and tactics we play - but Rhodes lack of pace and lack of ability to hold the ball up has a detrimental impact on our current team - where you do wonder whether we would be better as a team even if the replacement forward wasn't as prolific.

Rather than passing out insults - people should look at his all round game and impact on the team as well as his goals. Nothing is ever as simple as taking away his twenty goals - football is after all a team game.

He has. His reported desire to return to the Northwest went out the window when a club with genuine promotion credentials came calling.

He has. But for Athlete to describe him as a lower league journey man showed a huge lack of footballing knowledge.

He has. His reported desire to return to the Northwest went out the window when a club with genuine promotion credentials came calling.

Live in Cheshire and drive to Wolves is probably quite handy for Stockport.

JR's record is phenomenal - but in those six seasons the only accolade that the team he was playing for won was the 1st Division.

but Rhodes lack of pace and lack of ability to hold the ball up has a detrimental impact on our current team - where you do wonder whether we would be better as a team even if the replacement forward wasn't as prolific.

Rather than passing out insults - people should look at his all round game and impact on the team as well as his goals. Nothing is ever as simple as taking away his twenty goals - football is after all a team game.

Its not Rhodes fault his sides don't progress! I've heard it all now!

DMTP, do you go to games, genuine question, I know you gave up at one stage, this could be the reason why you think Rhodes all round game that holds him and his sides back :wacko:

Its not Rhodes fault his sides don't progress! I've heard it all now!

DMTP, do you go to games, genuine question, I know you gave up at one stage, this could be the reason why you think Rhodes all round game that holds him and his sides back :wacko:

I actually think DMTP shows an understanding that this is a TEAM game Gav. Good post DMTP.

As Gord says clubs don't need JR to finish well above us. He's not the messiah, he's a .................. :)

I actually think DMTP shows an understanding that this is a TEAM game Gav. Good post DMTP.

As Gord says clubs don't need JR to finish well above us. He's not the messiah, he's a .................. :)

I couldn't disagree more.

I think it was the Liverpool boot room that said finding a goalscorer is the hardest position to fill on the pitch, I tend to agree, not that I'm saying you Gordon and DMTP, the shop keeper, gardener and candle stick maker are wrong :lol:

But you're wrong!

I wasn't aware how good his record was, shame we missed out on him. Who was he with in PL, wasn't aware he ever played in it

Bigger picture is that if we don't sell Rhodes now then we could end up with a player who doesn't want be here who could have a poor season and leave for much less than what we could get now. Just need to get the lad sold, get out of embargo and get someone decent in ASAP.

Further to that, we've sold circa 10 million this summer, maybe more, and it hasn't brought us out of the embargo. Although some of our costs will be down in the next accounts from reduced wages, our parachute payments will also be gone. There's no saying therefore that selling Rhodes next summer for a reasonable fee would even get us out of the embargo. Or at least it isn't certain.

Archived