BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were linked with Him in January according to the LT but in the end he went to Burmingham.

Now Watford have made him available for transfer/loan then thats way I'm suggesting his name Rev.

Off to Wolves as well apparently:

http://www.first4lcfc.co.uk/blog/wolves-consider-bid-for-former-leicester-city-winger-lloyd-dyer/

ALF's move is only a loan, so may be worth trying to get him later, if we're out of the embargo by then?

Carlton Cole is a free transfer, how would we feel about him?

There were some fake rumours linking us with him a while ago. Would be a good signing

Bournemouth are stacked for strikers aren't they. Max Gradel having medical tonight.

I reckon they'll do alright in the prem

Rovers close in on Guthrie, hopes to sign him for saturday.

Bowyer: You've given the trial a right good go. Would you like to sign?

Guthrie: Yes Gaz.

Bowyer: We're under an embargo Guthers so the best we can offer is £10k per week

Guthrie: That's fine Gaz. I want to play here.

Bowyer: Our board will get onto it straight away.

2 weeks later

Bowyer: We're trying to get a few transfers over the line, it's very difficult under the embargo. Guthrie was one we liked, he was outstanding for us, but once Scunthorpe came in for him there was nothing we could do. It's - you know, very difficult under these circumstances but we'll pick ourselves up and go again.

Carlton Cole is a free transfer, how would we feel about him?

I feel he would be good signing for us but I guess down to what he wants to be pay and is their any PL interest.

WOW!!!

Mani, have you heard of any Transfer rumours, or new names mention?

A quick google of his name says his salary was 728 000 in 2012. No idea where that comes from.

Longer he goes without a club there may be a chance.

Granted he sounds an arse on Twitter.

One thing that's never been mentioned. How does performance related pay fit in under the embargo?

Sell Rhodes and loan Murray, contributing 10k p/w of his wages, with guarantee of £3m transfer in January when we come out of the embargo?

Murray would rip the championship to shreds, I'd take that. Would there be any way to loan Murray whilst keeping hold of Rhodes?

Murray would rip the championship to shreds, I'd take that. Would there be any way to loan Murray whilst keeping hold of Rhodes?

Doubt it, unfortunately. But if Shelfy's comments recently are right, we only need to sell someone for £4-5m ish to come out of it. Sell Hanley if someone will take him for that amount, do the deal above, and loan in the lad Henry (?) from West Ham. Job's a goodun.

Then I woke up..

JR's record is phenomenal - but in those six seasons the only accolade that the team he was playing for won was the 1st Division. Personally I only advocate getting rid if we can spend some of the money we receive to buy a player with pace to replace him. The difference showed in the FA Cup when King played on his own up front - his pace made average balls into good passes - with Rhodes you don't have that luxury. It may be a reflection of the midfield and tactics we play - but Rhodes lack of pace and lack of ability to hold the ball up has a detrimental impact on our current team - where you do wonder whether we would be better as a team even if the replacement forward wasn't as prolific.

Rather than passing out insults - people should look at his all round game and impact on the team as well as his goals. Nothing is ever as simple as taking away his twenty goals - football is after all a team game.

Football is about putting the ball in the net pal

Slightly off topic but just read that after being relegated Blackpool took up the option to renew Nile Rangers contract and he didn't get a say in it, with relegation his wage has dropped to 150 pound a week, and also the club refused to subsidise petrol for him as he lives in London. He has a £33 per minute he plays clause in his contact but he definitely won't be getting any game time there this season, looking to offload him but who's going to want him? The guy is a grade A @#/? he didn't turn up to training for 8 months or something there last season, he deserves this. Did look promising early on his career but his days of earning a decent wage at Newcastle are long gone, just shows where you end up with an attitude like he's got. He turned up to a hotel for pre season recently and they told him to do one basically and to go home and try to find another club. Haha no sympathy for him from me!

Can Tim Sherwood not throw us a carrot,I meant a player.I met him on the concourse before a televised game and he had a genuine love of the club.

Roy Hogson probably wouldn't agree with you.

Archived