BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do really feel for GB sometimes then he goes and picks Lowe & Hanley and that quickly disappears .......

Think I need the season to finish ...

The more this farce continues the more he starts to get sympathy of me again, the owners Modus operandie prevents success

The more this farce continues the more he starts to get sympathy of me again, the owners Modus operandie prevents success

Why? "I resign" stating why would do it. Being a doormat, taking the coin and kissing the ring, no.

Why? "I resign" stating why would do it. Being a doormat, taking the coin and kissing the ring, no.

Let's be honest this is best job he will get no pressure really to get results. If Desai likes you winner doesn't matter if you are out of your depth, toe the party line and it's a job for life

Some rumours about Glenn Murray too.

I'm finding it quite strange how some people on here don't understand the concept of rovers are in a transfer embargo! You have zero chance of getting Murray, much like you did ALF. Why would someone on decent money take a pay cut to play for a club, at present, that is being run like a shambles. The best player wants to leave, I feel sorry for you lot. It's a crap time to be a fan and you all need to just get through this tough time until you can start rebuilding again.

Enjoy the games, but don't expect any signings like Murray. You might get some unknowns or those willing to take a chance to play some football, much like Guthrie, if reports are to be believed.

Wow - we had two 20+ goal scorers last year - surely we should have been top - or is football about more than scoring ?

It's about scoring................. more than the opposition. Something to do with being the better TEAM I think.

Well it doesn't come as much of a surprise as the majority of us know that we're a joke from top to bottom. 5 days to the start of the season and all we've brought in is two unknown Frenchman. Strange how they got over the line yet we can't seem to do bugger all domestically.

They were cheap enough - simple as that.

Pete. You mentioned sympathy but describe a the actions of a toadying flunky

Hmm good point ! It still amazes we that we run so badly year on year and yet some fans I speak to think just because Venkys are quiet they are sorting the club out.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Keep Rhodes, remain in embargo and sign some dross. Overall squad quality drops but we would probably be mid table with Rhodes's goals. When he leaves, the remaining squad is dire.

Sell Rhodes, get out of embargo and try to avoid relegation, Then rebuild next season at least being able to compete for some decent players.

Thing is, I would trust Bower to spend a few quid and get some decent players in. He just wouldn't know what to do with them once they came.

Fuming that Rovers have missed out on another very Usefull player like ALF.....in the End he had no other choise......

The whole chain system seems so slow & can not carry on ...

Players are getting messed about and given dates which are then pushed forward & forward.....

GB to Shaw.....

Shaw to Madams Advisor (who shall be known as SS.... ( Not Shebby Singh)

Madams Advisor to Madam.......

Madam to 3 Other Family members ......

Then works backwards .....All via Emails ...

This worry's me massively, i was hoping this had started to improve.

a LinkedIn search shows some of our former employees when venkys first joined where just employees who had worked in other departments in Venkys. As if there is no difference from running a food manufacturing plant to a football club.

It's funny about someone mentioning Mr Shaw and the word "trust" - I spoke to a club employee only 3 weeks ago, we talked about things going on at the club (this fine chap is very upfront and honest, and a really good source) I use the word source with some hesitation though as he is by know means a "tell tale" this was a genuine convo.

Some of things that were mentioned really did astound me, he talked about how literally everyone at the club thought Shaw was an absolute joke and that surprisingly people didn't hold back in telling him this. He apparently only comes in 1 YES 1 half day a week, but is supposed to be running the show. He spoke about how Shaw has tried to reduce so many things within the club but that venkys have put a block to things.

He went onto mention that there is no doubt in anyone's minds at the club that venkys may pull out and that they regularly receive personal messages from the owners congratulating them on their hard work along with bonuses (something that's not happened before). He confirmed that venkys have put more money than anything he's ever seen into the training ground and especially the Ewood park pitch, he said this season the pitch will be the best in the championship and that the pitch itself has had a big change on that the big slopes on the edges have been slightly levelled out and that has cost a lot of money.

One thing he also said (I know, I am going on here) was that Paul Robinson was the laziest footballer he'd seen at Rovers for a long time and his attitude stunk. He only trained on a Friday apparently.

Is anyone at the club aware that the season kicks off on Saturday ?

The fans will know soon enough Jim, we're sleep walking to the 1st division, nobody seems bothered.

Time for a relegation thread maybe?

Christ, I haven't wanted to get involved in this (or any) thread over the summer, but I haven't been able to stay away, really. What an unbelievable cluster@#/?. We're not going to know at this stage whether we've really missed out on Le Fondre, though my guess would be an imminent facepalm on that front.

I've had a lot of patience for Bowyer, but he's characterised himself as a 'yes' man massively over the summer. Nothing much said about any of the outgoings and actively playing down the prospect of signing players rumoured to be on their way, while silently tolerating a mangled, farcical corporate structure. @#/? jobsworth.

I feel for Rhodes (tin hat is on, hit me with your best shot). He's stuck down a footballing cul-de-sac as he enters his prime years. Remunerated handsomely, but I imagine only rarely does someone make it in professional football without ambition and surely banging them in weekly in the Premiership is one of his.

On that front, I think Gestede is going to be found out big time. Huge ability in this league, but defenders are a different breed in the Premier League. I expect we'll see him on an 'Obscure 2010s Footballers' Facebook page one day.

Guthrie - yawn. 'Delfy' - yawn. Others - "who?"

It doesn't bode well, but I suppose we soldier on. 250 miles separates me from Ewood and I'll be very rarely in the country from the New Year, so won't get to many games. I still envy those of you that are able to attend home games and would encourage you all to do so, for the fans who would if they could. Nevertheless, I wouldn't begrudge you skipping the occasional ones, because I suspect we may be on the end of a few kickings this season.

Enjoy the games, but don't expect any signings like Murray. You might get some unknowns or those willing to take a chance to play some football, much like Guthrie, if reports are to be believed.

Excuse me? We might be able to get some unknowns? You grossly underestimate us sir. We've already signed some unknowns.

Archived