BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kit man ? To be honest I'd let him pick the ruddy team.

Hopefully the kit man has washed the ki t ;)

Not sure but Koita came from nowhere. Seems a little Dabo-esque to me.

Portuguese-esque?

It's funny about someone mentioning Mr Shaw and the word "trust" - I spoke to a club employee only 3 weeks ago, we talked about things going on at the club (this fine chap is very upfront and honest, and a really good source) I use the word source with some hesitation though as he is by know means a "tell tale" this was a genuine convo.

Some of things that were mentioned really did astound me, he talked about how literally everyone at the club thought Shaw was an absolute joke and that surprisingly people didn't hold back in telling him this. He apparently only comes in 1 YES 1 half day a week, but is supposed to be running the show. He spoke about how Shaw has tried to reduce so many things within the club but that venkys have put a block to things.

He went onto mention that there is no doubt in anyone's minds at the club that venkys may pull out and that they regularly receive personal messages from the owners congratulating them on their hard work along with bonuses (something that's not happened before). He confirmed that venkys have put more money than anything he's ever seen into the training ground and especially the Ewood park pitch, he said this season the pitch will be the best in the championship and that the pitch itself has had a big change on that the big slopes on the edges have been slightly levelled out and that has cost a lot of money.

One thing he also said (I know, I am going on here) was that Paul Robinson was the laziest footballer he'd seen at Rovers for a long time and his attitude stunk. He only trained on a Friday apparently.

thanks for the insight, especially regarding Robbo. Disgraceful from a top earner and senior pro, but he waved to the crowd though so he was a top bloke apparently and 'one of us' :wacko:

Shaw is blatantly taking the @#/?.

Reading back a few pages.i might as well be on a single message board.You need to get behind the team,the manager and the club.

Its not the fans fault we have ffp its not bowyers fault.

I'd love mouriniho to come but it ain't going to happen.You all spouted names malcky,hollaway all crap.As for Warburton Glasgaw Rangers or wee rovers no comp.

We have who we have,its not going to change.Go to ewood on Saturday you might enjoy it.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13527004.Fode_Koita__Rudy_Gestede_convinced_me_to_sign_for_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mac

Rudy advising Koita to sign for a good manager and a good family club.

It's heartening to see ex-players praising the club and manager. Cairney said similar.

Hail the Gaz, down with the mongers of doom.

It's funny about someone mentioning Mr Shaw and the word "trust" - I spoke to a club employee only 3 weeks ago, we talked about things going on at the club (this fine chap is very upfront and honest, and a really good source) I use the word source with some hesitation though as he is by know means a "tell tale" this was a genuine convo.

Some of things that were mentioned really did astound me, he talked about how literally everyone at the club thought Shaw was an absolute joke and that surprisingly people didn't hold back in telling him this. He apparently only comes in 1 YES 1 half day a week, but is supposed to be running the show. He spoke about how Shaw has tried to reduce so many things within the club but that venkys have put a block to things.

He went onto mention that there is no doubt in anyone's minds at the club that venkys may pull out and that they regularly receive personal messages from the owners congratulating them on their hard work along with bonuses (something that's not happened before). He confirmed that venkys have put more money than anything he's ever seen into the training ground and especially the Ewood park pitch, he said this season the pitch will be the best in the championship and that the pitch itself has had a big change on that the big slopes on the edges have been slightly levelled out and that has cost a lot of money.

One thing he also said (I know, I am going on here) was that Paul Robinson was the laziest footballer he'd seen at Rovers for a long time and his attitude stunk. He only trained on a Friday apparently.

I suppose that Robbo being injured/ill for a long period and then frozen out of the team had nothing to do with it.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13527004.Fode_Koita__Rudy_Gestede_convinced_me_to_sign_for_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mac

Rudy advising Koita to sign for a good manager and a good family club.

It's heartening to see ex-players praising the club and manager. Cairney said similar.

Hail the Gaz, down with the mongers of doom.

Ahh that's great isn't it, warms the heart. I almost forgot all of the foot stamping he did in January to try and orchestrate a move away from the "good family club and good manager".......

Reading back a few pages.i might as well be on a single message board.You need to get behind the team,the manager and the club.

Its not the fans fault we have ffp its not bowyers fault.

I'd love mouriniho to come but it ain't going to happen.You all spouted names malcky,hollaway all crap.As for Warburton Glasgaw Rangers or wee rovers no comp.

We have who we have,its not going to change.Go to ewood on Saturday you might enjoy it.

Well it is Bowyers fault for not even getting close to the Playoffs last few years, and his lack of motivation, lack of substitutions, lack of charisma , and a lack of an idea of who is starting 11 will be on a weekly basis. He has the squad, he had the squad good enough. But he is not capable of moving the club forward. It's as simple as that. Many were behind Bowyer myself included, we gave him a chance , but unless you walking dark shades indoors, you probably missed all that.

Did the guy not nearly die,but instead off doing a petrov he hung around bleeding us dry.

Bleeding us dry?

So if he'd been paid up a'la Best and co you could tag it onto Gaz's miracle management in "streamlining the squad" but because he wanted to stay and play he's now bled us dry.

The guy was the last remnant of when this club hired good professionals, he was an excellent keeper for Rovers and should not be labeled the way you have. Even if he did sit out the last two years of his contract his contribution during Big Sam's tenure should not be ignored.

Bleeding us dry?

So if he'd been paid up a'la Best and co you could tag it onto Gaz's miracle management in "streamlining the squad" but because he wanted to stay and play he's now bled us dry.

The guy was the last remnant of when this club hired good professionals, he was an excellent keeper for Rovers and should not be labeled the way you have. Even if he did sit out the last two years of his contract his contribution during Big Sam's tenure should not be ignored.

In your opinion

Robbo always wanted to play, but he was for some strange reason(not the 1st time) left out. We know how this worked, play x amount of games, get an extension to contract and more cash. Venkys didn't want that, so leave him hanging. It happened to others as well, think Salgado springs to mind

In your opinion

No, in many peoples opinion.

Robbo always wanted to play, but he was for some strange reason(not the 1st time) left out. We know how this worked, play x amount of games, get an extension to contract and more cash. Venkys didn't want that, so leave him hanging. It happened to others as well, think Salgado springs to mind

No, in many peoples opinion.

What the 180 who frequent this site.robbo was getting beat every week by shots from outside the box.He was finished and just hung around like a bad smell.

How good were the keepers that followed him? Were you confident with Steele, Eastwood and Kean? Raya is probably a glimmer of hope.

You are diverting now, by mentioning his performances. We are not talking about that.

Ahh that's great isn't it, warms the heart. I almost forgot all of the foot stamping he did in January to try and orchestrate a move away from the "good family club and good manager".......

don't disagree about the foot-stomping, Rhodes is similarly guilty, but it doesn't negate what Rudy said. He liked the club and manager enough to recommend Rovers to a player with potential. Surely that's a good thing?

What the 180 who frequent this site.robbo was getting beat every week by shots from outside the box.He was finished and just hung around like a bad smell.

and ones that dribbled in the corners. Dreadful keeper by the end.

don't disagree about the foot-stomping, Rhodes is similarly guilty, but it doesn't negate what Rudy said. He liked the club and manager enough to recommend Rovers to a player with potential. Surely that's a good thing?

So it wasn't Bowyer and the scouts that found Koita, but came on a recommendation by Gestede?

and ones that dribbled in the corners. Dreadful keeper by the end.

Yet the club signed players like Varney, Songo, Brown etc, who doesn't have a patch on the career that Robbo had. Stop it man, Robbo was loyal, he wanted to play more, due to circumstances he couldn't. If you want to mention performances and catching on nonsnese , then its time Bowyer drops Hanley, Williamson, Lowe and a few others and stop playing them.

So it wasn't Bowyer and the scouts that found Koita, but came on a recommendation by Gestede?

Yet the club signed players like Varney, Songo, Brown etc, who doesn't have a patch on the career that Robbo had. Stop it man, Robbo was loyal, he wanted to play more, due to circumstances he couldn't. If you want to mention performances and catching on nonsnese , then its time Bowyer drops Hanley, Williamson, Lowe and a few others and stop playing them.

No, the club found Koita (or Tommy Johnson did) they brought him over and Rudy helped him decide that Rovers were better than his other options (it's all there in the article i linked :))

What do Varney, Brown and Songo have to do with a poor goalkeeper on a Prem wage? Those players were brought in on the cheap to fill squad places at a club about to enter an embargo. Beggars and choosers springs to mnd. Two of the those players have now gone. it happens a lot in the Championship, players get 1 and 2 year deals to fill gaps. Fortunately we now have a few coming through the academy thanks to Bowyer and Kinder and the changes they have made to the Academy and how the young un's are developed (more loans spells at lower-league clubs etc). Anyway, Mick Mac signed Varney (and also Giles Coke) and he's an excellent manager at this level.

I'm not buying this ads with respect.

Robinson was allegedly frozen out of the team because certain people thought he was faking injury, needless to say that was absolute cr@p as he almost died not to long after!

Bowyer brought him back into the team and then froze him out again allegedly due to his contract and payments associated with it.

He was treated badly, told he was surplus to requirements and told to train alone/find another club.

Welcome to Blackburn Rovers under 2015 :wacko:

I'm not buying this ads with respect.

Robinson was allegedly frozen out of the team because certain people thought he was faking injury, needless to say that was absolute cr@p as he almost died not to long after!

Bowyer brought him back into the team and then froze him out again allegedly due to his contract and payments associated with it.

He was treated badly, told he was surplus to requirements and told to train alone/find another club.

Welcome to Blackburn Rovers under 2015 :wacko:

Robbo was ostracised by BRFC.. Totally wrong

Venky's out Shaw out Bowyer out

In today'a Sun Paper,

Rhodes will not be allowed to move Boro.

Also Burnley have made a firm move for Grant Hanley.

Would Rovers sell Hanley or keep him?

Definitely don't sell to them

Archived