BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanley to Burnley. If true if will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Would he want a move there, would we sell to Burnley and would his sale take us out of the embargo? They got £3m for a 32 year old Jason Shackell, think we should be after a lot more for a 24 year old international, regardless of his form last year.

• Backroom

Sell sell sell sell sell sell sell!

Anything over a million for captain calamity would be brilliant for us. He may be 24 and and international but he's still a bad player for me.

Hope today brings us news on Guthrie

Interestingly Wheelock has confirmed Rudy's fee as a "flat 6m "in the LT today which suggests there are no add ons of 2m.

Even at 8m I personally thought he was undervalued, at 6m we've given him away.

Interestingly Wheelock has confirmed Rudy's fee as a "flat 6m "in the LT today which suggests there are no add ons of 2m.

Wheelock gets his information from on here, he obviously read Mercers post and not Kamys.

Sell sell sell sell sell sell sell!

Anything over a million for captain calamity would be brilliant for us. He may be 24 and and international but he's still a bad player for me.

Hope today brings us news on Guthrie

He's young and can improve, but he's shown glimpses of a decent centre half to me. 24 is extremely young to be captain and in turn try to organise a (usually) young defence. I feel he needs an organiser next to him and he could still be a useful centre half at this level. Some defenders read the game exceptionally well and their positioning is spot on, others need someone in their ear - think Hanley is the latter but that doesn't make him bad.

Sell Hanley for 6mill, and we are out of the embargo without selling Rhodes. Then bring in a few quality players and replace Bowyer, and we will be all good to go.

no wait, its not going to happen

A "journeyman" doesn't score more than 20 goals a season for 6 years in succession. Rhodes has his faults (which is why he's not playing in the Prem) but he's not your average lower league forward.

He's prolific without a doubt but I'm pretty sure 'journeyman' would be the general consensus amongst Premier League managers and scouts. Make no mistake they will all have had a look at him. Don't understand why you would question it, pretty obvious I would have thought.

Whatever.

In no rush I would think. His last Club paid him well I hear.

All of which points to a questionable attitude.

To be honest I liked Robinson and I find the stuff in Adsfortheblues post a bit unpalatable. However, it isn't the first time his professionalism has been questioned and it does seems that some rumours are accepted on on here whilst others are dismissed out of hand.

Thanks Gav I wasn't aware of that..

As for Hanley, I'm not too sure I'd sell. I critiqued his performances/fitness last season, I remember opponents knocking the ball over the top and panic setting in whenever he was left one on one.

But -

A focused, fit Grant Hanley would be a asset to any Championship team, and I certainly wouldn't even entertain any interest from Bonleh!!

Thanks Gav I wasn't aware of that..

As for Hanley, I'm not too sure I'd sell. I critiqued his performances/fitness last season, I remember opponents knocking the ball over the top and panic setting in whenever he was left one on one.

But -

A focused, fit Grant Hanley would be a asset to any Championship team, and I certainly wouldn't even entertain any interest from Bonleh!!

More tongue in cheek than anything MrT :tu:

If Gutherie-ey does sign I wonder if Evans will be given the boot. CM wise we'd have Guthrie, two of Gaz' boys in Lowe and Williamson in addition to Lenihan who is naturally a midfielder. If it does transpire that Evans is available I'm happy to foot the fuel.

'given the boot'. How would you go about doing that? Surely you don't want the club paying off yet another contract?

Bowyer was hyping in the LT a 3000% mark-up on RG - this confirms a deal worth £6million and not £8million ! If it was £8million, I think you can rest assured Bowyer would be peddling 4000% for all he was worth as he now seemingly loves to blow his own trumpet !

Only one 'source' has mentioned £8million and that is Kamy's in Pune. Something does not add up. Would you trust anyone in Pune ?

No, the club found Koita (or Tommy Johnson did) they brought him over and Rudy helped him decide that Rovers were better than his other options (it's all there in the article i linked :))

What do Varney, Brown and Songo have to do with a poor goalkeeper on a Prem wage? Those players were brought in on the cheap to fill squad places at a club about to enter an embargo. Beggars and choosers springs to mnd. Two of the those players have now gone. it happens a lot in the Championship, players get 1 and 2 year deals to fill gaps. Fortunately we now have a few coming through the academy thanks to Bowyer and Kinder and the changes they have made to the Academy and how the young un's are developed (more loans spells at lower-league clubs etc). Anyway, Mick Mac signed Varney (and also Giles Coke) and he's an excellent manager at this level.

im sure Rudy told management how great Koita is, and told Koita this is the place for him.. All seems a bit odd, with Rudy angling away for a move. Perfect timing i guess for Rudy, because lets face it, he wanted out, so paint a nice rosy picture about his possible replacement.

'given the boot'. How would you go about doing that? Surely you don't want the club paying off yet another contract?

I'm 99% sure that there would be a taker for Evans; we could probably get at least £500k for him. He's a regular starter for his country and has been about this league for a number of years.

Archived