BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

He's prolific without a doubt but I'm pretty sure 'journeyman' would be the general consensus amongst Premier League managers and scouts. Make no mistake they will all have had a look at him. Don't understand why you would question it, pretty obvious I would have thought.

"Journeyman" is a term who would apply to the likes of Chris Brown, not Jordan Rhodes. He might not be out of the top drawer but no one who sticks the ball in the net as regularly as he does is a journeyman. I'm not Rhodes's biggest fan but you have to give the lad some credit. Your constant criticism of him makes no sense.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Would be a lovely piece of irony if the Dingles proved to be the club that got us out of the embargo.

£3-4 mil for Hanley. Another high wage off the bill (I bet he is our second highest earner - given he was on the premier gravy train for a couple of seasons) - Surely that would be enough to swing the FA.

On last season's form he would be of little loss. Yes he MAY turn out to be a good un so ensure a sell on clause.

Would be happy to start off with Kilgallon and Duffy.

No way are Burnley going to spend so much on Hanley, they are the tightest board in football, Just how and why would he even command such a fee. 1 or 2 mill it's a goer for someone but 4 mill + never.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13527004.Fode_Koita__Rudy_Gestede_convinced_me_to_sign_for_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mac

Rudy advising Koita to sign for a good manager and a good family club.

It's heartening to see ex-players praising the club and manager. Cairney said similar.

Hail the Gaz, down with the mongers of doom.

Propaganda I think they call it.

Burnley's scouting network is generally limited to the Football League and predominantly local clubs. In the last fortnight they have signed someone from Chesterfield and someone from Wimbledon.

Their record fee paid for a transfer was £3 million for Jelle Vossen. The chances of them going above and beyond that for Grant Hanley are highly unlikely. If anyone was prepared to go significantly above £3 million for Hanley I would drive him for his medical.

I think he has the potential to be a good centre back in this division, but the prospect of him lining up with Duffy every week worries me. For some reason those two just don't work together and we need the experience of Kilgallon there to keep the other centre back in check. If losing Hanley sorted out the embargo and ensured Kilgallon was starting every week I would take it.

Iceman you really need to read that article properly...

Koita may or not be a success but he looks a decent signing for a champ club given his previous experience.

Admittedly I saw most of it on TV but the change from Robbo to Steele didn't bring about a much difference to me.

It's really interesting to hear different stories, but who to believe?

Same thing with Hanley, if a quarter of the stories on here are true, if it's a decent price 3/4 million then getting rid may well be a blessing. I think he's got talent but it may need a fresh start and a disciplinarian to bring out his full potential.

Then again, there have been a couple of people on saying he's a nice lad, Rover Shaun? And GB who sees all the players every day chose him as captain, so he may well be a much better leader than he appears, if that's the case then keeping him makes sense.

A "journeyman" doesn't score more than 20 goals a season for 6 years in succession. Rhodes has his faults (which is why he's not playing in the Prem) but he's not your average lower league forward.

sigh..........

You are applying your own definition.

Cambridge dictionary....

journeyman noun old-fashioned a worker who has a skill that makes them able to do a particular job, and who usually works for someone else any worker who produces good but not excellent work

The term ' journeyman' was applied to Le fondre by athlete and my reply is underneath here......

Le Fondre is a lower leagues journeyman a decent asset

To date that is all Jordan Rhodes is. :rolleyes:

JR has played at half a dozen club's in the lower Divisions but never in the Premier League. Capiche jim? Le fondre has played a full season in the Prem and has scored a goal almost every other game in that season. I'd be surprised if we ever see JR emulate that but if he does I'll doff my cap to him.

So you are saying Koita is lying?

Of course not as far as the other comments go it's just standard spiel for a new player going to a new club. No doubt Rudy did put a good word in but so what, he's hardly likely to say do one to Blackpool instead is he.

Of course not as far as the other comments go it's just standard spiel for a new player going to a new club. No doubt Rudy did put a good word in but so what, he's hardly likely to say do one to Blackpool instead is he.

No, he's hardly likely to have said that. He didn't have to say anything.

sigh..........

Cambridge dictionary....

journeyman noun old-fashioned a worker who has a skill that makes them able to do a particular job, and who usually works for someone else any worker who produces good but not excellent work

The term ' journeyman' was applied to Le fondre by athlete and my reply is underneath here......

JR has played at half a dozen club's in the lower Divisions but never in the Premier League. Capiche jim? Le fondre has played a full season in the Prem and has scored a goal almost every other game in that season. I'd be surprised if we ever see JR emulate that but if he does I'll doff my cap to him.

It's all about semantics isn't it? What do the words mean to you? It's like the debate about 'world class' players... People have different ideas about what the word means.

To me scoring 20 plus goals in a season is not good it IS excellent. Personally I think describing ALF as a journeyman (not that you did) is a bit harsh too, considering the level we are at and therefore viewing through 'our' eyes.

No, he's hardly likely to have said that. He didn't have to say anything.

Oh ok that's sorted then. I'd love them to have asked him the managers name :rover:

By the way for a man in OZZ you keep some odd hours, do you ever sleep ? Get to bed it'll do you wonders :tu:

Going into the season on saturday were not exactly in the worst shape are we?? Yes i know our biggest challenge may be to come (Keeping Rhodes) but im quietly optimistic...we can have a good season, ideally i would of liked a change of manager but to see some new ideas and better tactics but if we can get a few decent results to kick off with it could be interesting...

Rudy the pnly major loss and he was always going, a decent stiker in on loan would be nice, not Delfounso or Browns biggest fans so we defo need to strengthen there with or without Rhodes..like i said before id be happy with Guthrie if the deal was suitable, we need a bit of aggression and bite badly, been so powderpuff the last few seasons,,

Roll on Saturday im looking forward to it even if many are not...

Oh ok that's sorted then. I'd love them to have asked him the managers name :rover:

By the way for a man in OZZ you keep some odd hours, do you ever sleep ? Get to bed it'll do you wonders :tu:

It's only 7.50pm ffs.

Can you explain the first bit of your post btw?

Reading back a few pages.i might as well be on a single message board.You need to get behind the team,the manager and the club.

Its not the fans fault we have ffp its not bowyers fault.

I'd love mouriniho to come but it ain't going to happen.You all spouted names malcky,hollaway all crap.As for Warburton Glasgaw Rangers or wee rovers no comp.

We have who we have,its not going to change.Go to ewood on Saturday you might enjoy it.

Are you good cop, bad cop?

It's only 7.50pm ffs.

Can you explain the first it of your post btw?

Nowt wrong with an early night now and again ! Only trying to help as I've noticed you get a bit cranky around this time of day :o

sigh..........

Cambridge dictionary....

Good honest worker... perfect description of Brown.

Rhodes scoring more than 20 goals a season for 6 years in succession is not a journeyman.

No way are Burnley going to spend so much on Hanley, they are the tightest board in football, Just how and why would he even command such a fee. 1 or 2 mill it's a goer for someone but 4 mill + never.

Propaganda I think they call it.

Aye. Good 'ole gaz, he's a nice man, a very nice man, he'd do anything for you, I think they should put that in the papers, advertising for new players

Well I can meet you for a pint sat and say that to my face.

Chib the fud Coatbridge!

Nowt wrong with an early night now and again ! Only trying to help as I've noticed you get a bit cranky around this time of day :o

I reckon that's code for me to stop asking awkward questions..............amongst other things.

Archived