BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Surely not another central midfielder? We have 7 (Lowe, Guthrie, Williamson, Peschi, Evans, Lenihan, Tomlinson).

If its an attacking mid/winger we are pretty well stocked there with 5 (Marshall, Conway, O'Sullivan, Koita, Taylor). Plus Koita, Delfy can do a job wide.

We haven't been linked to a single bloody centre back yet and we only have 3... What's the odds that we get one week into the season and Duffy gets another 4 month injury and Grant gets an 8 game ban for headbutting?

I think GB has ear marked Spurr to be cover for LB & CB hence not looking for any

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's far from ideal but I'd prefer we sign a better player next week than rush someone in before Saturday.

Do we want our scouts to look abroad? If yes how is it a bad thing to trial another French lad. Newcastle have done okay with some French players, now we are trying to do the Championship no money version.

It's safe to assume that Guthrie would have been on a fairly hefty wage at Reading and that is probably the reason why they have not renewed his contract.

There must be an issue because it was clear last week that Bowyer was keen on getting him signed up, so it does seem the delay is probably down to his demands.

Alan Nixon saying that he's heard that Burnley have now bid for Hanley.

I don't buy into the suggestions a few pages ago that Gestede recommended Koita, I am sure he was brought to the club's attention by the scouting team, however I have a slightly different stance than blueboy on the matter.

Whilst I don't think anything sinister has gone on, I find it quite funny how Rudy insisted that Koita sign for Rovers and not elsewhere. Think about it. Rudy wants out, he can't leave until a replacement signs, he convinces this chap to sign for Rovers, easy exit for him (could explain why we didn't hold out for more money).

Chances are Rudy would have told Koita anything to get him to sign. I don't think that's the case, but he did tell the lad that Bowyer is a good manager so you know he's twisting things a little bit... ^_^

It's safe to assume that Guthrie would have been on a fairly hefty wage at Reading and that is probably the reason why they have not renewed his contract.

There must be an issue because it was clear last week that Bowyer was keen on getting him signed up, so it does seem the delay is probably down to his demands.

Alan Nixon saying that he's heard that Burnley have now bid for Hanley.

Hanley would be a folk hero to the Dingles if he did a Rhodes and said he wanted to go.

Only difference is that 90% of Rovers fans would be happy to see the back of Hanley, especially if it was to Burnley who were paying us several million pounds which could well see us out of the embargo.

Hanley can be replaced. We already have Duffy and Kilgallon who on the evidence of the last 12 months are better options.

Meanwhile in Rhodes' case 90% of fans would be loathe to lose him knowing that he can't be replaced without putting our Championship status at serious risk.

Hanley would be a folk hero to the Dingles if he did a Rhodes and said he wanted to go.

I know a good few of their fans who think Hanley's tosh though. No doubt he'd go there and be a revelation under Dyche.

I think the lad does have potential, I just fear he will never reach it at Rovers, particularly under Bowyer. The insistence on him being captain doesn't help and he and Duffy are too similar. Whilst Kilgallon is arguably our best CB, I think Hanley is lacking a true leader next to him telling him where to be and what to do. The fiasco where he wasn't dropped until his injury last season was farcical.

At the Wigan friendly I saw Duffy quite animated telling Hanley to get out as he was a couple of yards behind the rest of the defence. You do wonder whether it's a clash of egos or what but it's clear Hanley doesn't listen to anyone else. Sure someone said the same about the goalkeeper trying to communicate with him before.

Bowyer needs to strip him of the captaincy, stop making him a shoe-in and make him work for his starting spot. Then, we might see Hanley reach his potential. I do think having a competent centre midfield ahead of him might help also.

Didn't know selling Hanley was even on the cards (based on the theory who would pay money for him) but if it's a possibility id drive him to turd moor myself. The only issue is without baptise short in that area if either Duffy/killgallon injured. But if can get loans in getting him off the wage bill I'd be happy to see the dingles take him off us.

If Hanley goes for £4 million then the transfer embargo gets lifted right?

After all, that's what the fountain of all knowledge (Lancashire Telegraph) said at the weekend - another sale similar to the Gestede deal would see the embargo lifted immediately was their take on it.

Unless of course the embargo only gets lifted immediately if we sell Jordan Rhodes. Which begs the question of what the hell is going on and what forces are at work behind the scenes.

The club shouldn't entertain penny pinching Burnley. £3.5 up front rising to £4 million for Hanley or he's going nowhere. We don't have the time to be messing about whilst they try to save a few quid. They've mucked Forest around with Lansbury by offering a laughable figure and we can't have this overshadowing our preparations.

I don't get it with the Guthrie signing. Why would Guthrie come here on trial and spend two weeks training and playing with us to earn a contract if he isn't prepared to accept £10k a week or less?

He knew the constraints we are under so why waste his and our time with the trial if he wasn't prepared to accept our limits?

Unless we are offering well below the £10k limit and he wants us to go to the limit for him?

If Guthrie wants more than £10k pw why is he even here on trial ? unless he just using Rovers as his pre-season.

On Hanley, can't see Burnley paying him much in wages even if their interest is true, we know how tight or sensible

their board are, which ever way you want to look at it.

You just beat me to it JH.

Archived