BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh letting Hanley go will probably mean replacing him with worse, so whilst I don't really like the chap and I was very critical of him last season, I don't think selling him is the way to go. Spurr looked very poor at CB and Lenihan was holding the defence together despite playing out of position.

I am worried that the sale of one of our natural CB's will give Bowyer more excuses to tinker. I don't want to see Spurr at CB, he's barely good enough to be starting at LB. I also don't want to see Lenihan out of position at CB unless a necessity. He performed admirably last season despite being in an unfamiliar role, so I have no doubt he would be an improvement on the defensive midfielders we've already got if Bowyer played him in his natural position.

No, it said it needed a player sale of the same value as Gestede.

So £6 million.

Simple 4 million for Hanley and Shelfy being the man in charge of cost cutting can pay back all the money he cost the club with the Berg contract (including legal and court costs ) which should bring it up to near 6 million

No, it said it needed a player sale of the same value as Gestede.

So £6 million.

So in that case there must be a specific figure that the club needs to bring in to have the embargo lifted immediately. How convenient for the FL that the one player valued at £6 million or more is Rhodes. Surely if we sold Hanley for £4 million and in the process got his 3 year contract and wages off the books then that would amount to £6 million total?

I think the whole thing is nonsense. Rules are being made up and changed on a rolling basis. I don't think there's any chance of the embargo actually being lifted irrespective of who we sell this summer.

I wouldn't sell Haley for any less than £4million, not that I think he's worth it but if we were to sell him to burnley I'd want to get every penny possible off the buggers

We'll have offered an elastic band and pre sucked lolly pop - it's the way we do it.

We 'allegedly' got about 3.25 for Shackell, who's 10 years older. Truth is I doubt our wage offer will be enough anyway, even if we can agree a valuation with you (I saw the Chairman at the club buying a quarter of sport mixture so you can be sure we are coming back with an improved offer :-) )

I think GB has ear marked Spurr to be cover for LB & CB hence not looking for any

That's the kind of niave thing that Bowyer does. Spurr should be an absolute last resort as a centre back. A few injuries midway in the season and god knows what that back line will look like.

Robbo probably trained on Fridays because he knew the stooge with the tombola wouldn't dare pick him.

See I've chosen the rumour to believe at the expense of all others. Just like those who have chosen to believe the one about him to be lazy etc above all others. Isn't this fun?

And the Kiota article would usually be put down to the usual football in-house backslapping cliche bull but as it allegedly paints Bowyer as Nottinghams answer to Enzo Bearzot it must all be 100% genuine and from the heart

Aren't rumours and insincere platitudes great :)

Bowyer was hyping in the LT a 3000% mark-up on RG - this confirms a deal worth £6million and not £8million ! If it was £8million, I think you can rest assured Bowyer would be peddling 4000% for all he was worth as he now seemingly loves to blow his own trumpet !

Only one 'source' has mentioned £8million and that is Kamy's in Pune. Something does not add up. Would you trust anyone in Pune ?

Initial fee plus money spent on wages and bonuses would leave a 3000% profit if the fee is £8 million.

If Grant Hanley goes to Burnley I will personally hand out small bottles of Prosecco to the people of Blackburn.

Bloody cheapskate!

I don't get it with the Guthrie signing. Why would Guthrie come here on trial and spend two weeks training and playing with us to earn a contract if he isn't prepared to accept £10k a week or less?

He knew the constraints we are under so why waste his and our time with the trial if he wasn't prepared to accept our limits?

Unless we are offering well below the £10k limit and he wants us to go to the limit for him?

This is what I don't get either but it's used a defence on here by a few. Surely when trialing these players they have an idea what they're looking for wages wise and they will know roughly what's on offer. Yet we are led to believe they come here for several weeks, do ever so well then we say we'd like you here's 10 pwk and they turn round and say no thanks I was expecting 15. So i'll sod off and run the risk of having no club at all or grasping half that at another club when no one else comes in and I'm desperate for a contract ?

What a load of old tripe. Window dressing. I said it numerous times we'll sign no one who wants a proper contract nor a midfielder who we'd expect to start. Lo and behold there's another French freebie going to pop up, what's the betting there's no problem in quickly getting him signed up ?

We'll have offered an elastic band and pre sucked lolly pop - it's the way we do it.

We 'allegedly' got about 3.25 for Shackell, who's 10 years older. Truth is I doubt our wage offer will be enough anyway, even if we can agree a valuation with you (I saw the Chairman at the club buying a quarter of sport mixture so you can be sure we are coming back with an improved offer :-) )

Ok then Longsiders, what do you feel is a fair market valuation for Hanley, and what would represent a reasonably straight offer from BFC for our chump of a captain? :rover:

Mate tells me Conway was saying he rates the two french lads we've brought in... Particularly Petschi

The man with arms longer than his legs? I refuse to believe it.

Ok then Longsiders, what do you feel is a fair market valuation for Hanley, and what would represent a reasonably straight offer from BFC for our chump of a captain? :rover:

Well as you speak of him so highly ...

Honestly I'm not an agent so I don't know how you value a player but he's a young international who, in theory, has a lot of improvement still within him. I would expect in the current market a fee of around 3 million - but we prefer to mess about low balling our offers - and then we get to what we would pay and it still isn't nearly enough anyway. And then there's the wages - you guys are probably paying him more than we paid players during the PL season!

Mate tells me Conway was saying he rates the two french lads we've brought in... Particularly Petschi

How close is the chap to Conway? I doubt that a professional like CC would say they were pants, even if he thought it to be the case.

Not suggesting they are pants btw, I was quite impressed with Petshi up until he went arse over tit.

Bournemouth do appear to have had a £3 million bid accepted for Lee Tomlin, which could strengthen Middlesbrough's hand and enable them to go higher with their Rhodes' bid.

However I think we are past the stage where a slight increase in offer is going to tempt Venkys to sell. Other than a Premier League club coming in or a formal transfer request from Rhodes I can't see them doing business with Middlesbrough even if they stuck another £2 million on top of their existing offer.

And whilst it does mean Middlesbrough could potentially bid more for Rhodes there comes a stage where it is getting absolutely ridiculous. I can't see the logic in them going any higher if Rovers have rejected £12 million. They could buy 2-3 top, top Championship players with that money instead of putting all their eggs into one basket.

Archived