BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How close is the chap to Conway? I doubt that a professional like CC would say they were pants, even if he thought it to be the case.

Not suggesting they are pants btw, I was quite impressed with Petshi up until he went arse over tit.

Hey same thing happened with Samba when he first came, so you never know.

Well as you speak of him so highly ...

Honestly I'm not an agent so I don't know how you value a player but he's a young international who, in theory, has a lot of improvement still within him. I would expect in the current market a fee of around 3 million - but we prefer to mess about low balling our offers - and then we get to what we would pay and it still isn't nearly enough anyway. And then there's the wages - you guys are probably paying him more than we paid players during the PL season!

Thanks for that. I wonder why a club would bother making a bid for a player that they are likely to already know has a transfer value and wage expectations waaay above what they are prepared to pay? Doesn't make sense to me, other than perhaps looking to unsettle a player known to have an over-inflated ego.... Anyway, be careful what you wish for, eh? :tu::brfc:

Oh, and 'chump' is very much a positive view of the lad, compared to that held by many on here.

Bournemouth do appear to have had a £3 million bid accepted for Lee Tomlin, which could strengthen Middlesbrough's hand and enable them to go higher with their Rhodes' bid.

However I think we are past the stage where a slight increase in offer is going to tempt Venkys to sell. Other than a Premier League club coming in or a formal transfer request from Rhodes I can't see them doing business with Middlesbrough even if they stuck another £2 million on top of their existing offer.

And whilst it does mean Middlesbrough could potentially bid more for Rhodes there comes a stage where it is getting absolutely ridiculous. I can't see the logic in them going any higher if Rovers have rejected £12 million. They could buy 2-3 top, top Championship players with that money instead of putting all their eggs into one basket.

If Boro come back with a further offer on 14m, even I, the biggest Rhodes fan in Blackburn, will agree its time to sell.

I might be way of the mark Expert - there are a few things in the Lansbury saga that don't quite stack and for all some on here and in Nottingham have tried to point the finger it was them that, so the story goes, contacted us in January and asked if we'd be interested at 4 million, we agreed then they pulled the deal at the last minute - also happened with another player where the club pulled the deal at the last minute.

I've no idea what Hanley is on at your gaff nor indeed what we are willing to offer - to be honest in the modern game I'd have thought we know what he will accept and are ready to pay it - but if it's true they are asking 4 million then I'm guessing it's not going anywhere regardless.

On his best form, (not the form of last season) Hanley is an extremely useful player. I think it would be fairly shortsighted to sell him. And of course it would be extremely galling if he rediscovered his form and went on to do well for the Dingles.

Duffy is a different matter entirely, I had very high hopes for him when he arrived from Everton but have yet to be impressed. If anyone offered 3m for him I'd snap their hands off.

Hearing Another French Freebie on his way !!

Tall White midfielder and most importantly Free !

Prob coming on Trial with a view ...

Has he already had a brief spell in England ?

Over the past 18 months I'd literally have given Hanley away, before that no chance as he looked like he might make a decent player. If he's got his act together then he still could under a decent manager in a team set up to defend and who play it tight. Big Grant likes the hoof and so does Dyche.

As we are at this moment there's no point selling him for a million or two which is all the Bumley are likely to offer but 3 mill + I'd snap their hands off. A wise man like Dyche however will know that 3 mill plus will buy you far better than him. Also captain fantastic will be on 10k plus probably boosted by his arm band bonus so that will put the dingles off.

Board won't give a monkey's, some fans will - mind you quite a lot would not be impressed with the signing full stop.

You do realise if you want the warrior you have to take the workhorse as well to make him function, call it 5.5 million plus .5million for grief counselling sessions for GB

You do realise if you want the warrior you have to take the workhorse as well to make him function, call it 5.5 million plus .5million for grief counselling sessions for GB

All day super Sunday sessions on guinness and jagerbombs must also be allowed in his contract along with badgering females for threesomes regularly in Preston nightclubs. That should swing the deal.

Archived