BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

might seem an odd question but what type of fit are the new shirts, im a bit of an 'extra medium'..mediums can be tight but large can be swimming on me...need to know as need it shipped without tryin it on,,thanks girls xx (joke) :rover:

Well, what a waste of time that was on FL92!

A quick word with Damien Johnson before he jumped on the coach up to AFC Fylde.

Absolutely no real mention of the first team or anything of note.

What's going on?!

Surely someone from the first team setup could've spared a few minutes?

perhaps they're all too busy trying to tie up these tremendous last minute singings?! :wacko:

Well, what a waste of time that was on FL92!

A quick word with Damien Johnson before he jumped on the coach up to AFC Fylde.

Absolutely no real mention of the first team or anything of note.

What's going on?!

Surely someone from the first team setup could've spared a few minutes?

perhaps they're all too busy trying to tie up these tremendous last minute singings?! :wacko:

There is nothing going on !

Venkys Out !

Not bothered that the club gave Sky Sports no time of the day, Sky can be incredibly biased and love to report utter tripe.

Have you noticed how in the recent 23 years and counting celebration ads on Sky with Henry cleverly superimposed we've been conveniently airbrushed out of the clips?

Coverage of every other side who has won the PL apart from us and Shearer scoring a cracker in a Newcastle shirt but not a blue and white halved shirt in sight!

That's probably not the reason we didn't speak to them in this instance though. There's probably just not a lot happening.

I might be way of the mark Expert - there are a few things in the Lansbury saga that don't quite stack and for all some on here and in Nottingham have tried to point the finger it was them that, so the story goes, contacted us in January and asked if we'd be interested at 4 million, we agreed then they pulled the deal at the last minute - also happened with another player where the club pulled the deal at the last minute.

I've no idea what Hanley is on at your gaff nor indeed what we are willing to offer - to be honest in the modern game I'd have thought we know what he will accept and are ready to pay it - but if it's true they are asking 4 million then I'm guessing it's not going anywhere regardless.

Do you think they may pay more for bragging rights - after all you would be buying Rovers captain - has that ever happened between the two clubs ?

Very true about the SkySports 23 years ad, but I've come to accept over the years since I've followed football that media coverage of Blackburn is very uneducated.

The Steve Kean farce that engulfed our club for 2-3 years destroyed us, yet the media continued to show pity to a man that cleverly disguised himself as the victim. That said, we should always appreciate one high profile journalist in Henry Winter, he was the only one who stuck up for us.

Onto transfer matters, I'm a journalist in Sheffield and was speaking to Carvalhal yesterday, he unlike a certain Spaniard refused to talk about Jordan Rhodes, but did say that he was a lot of money, too much for them.

And on Hanley, I am a huge critic of his. I don't believe he has the right head to be a captain, I consider him to be a fear monger. I've seen him make terrible decisions and blame others and putting the fear of god in them. Losing him to anyone would be a positive, as long as we replace him. As good as Killgallon is, he won't play more than 30 games this season, and Duffy needs to prove in the first few matches that he is over his injury and on par with this level. As many have mentioned on this forum, Doneil Henry would be an improvement on Hanley

• Backroom

Have you noticed how in the recent 23 years and counting celebration ads on Sky with Henry cleverly superimposed we've been conveniently airbrushed out of the clips?

Coverage of every other side who has won the PL apart from us and Shearer scoring a cracker in a Newcastle shirt but not a blue and white halved shirt in sight!

That's probably not the reason we didn't speak to them in this instance though. There's probably just not a lot happening.

Meh. After their staunch support of Steve Kean and vilification of the Rovers fans throughout his tenure I wouldn't care if we never indulged them again.

It's hard not to think like that. We were the one that should never have happened.

But they can't erase the history books...

...although their lawyers are probably working it! :unsure:

Very true about the SkySports 23 years ad, but I've come to accept over the years since I've followed football that media coverage of Blackburn is very uneducated.

The Steve Kean farce that engulfed our club for 2-3 years destroyed us, yet the media continued to show pity to a man that cleverly disguised himself as the victim. That said, we should always appreciate one high profile journalist in Henry Winter, he was the only one who stuck up for us.

Onto transfer matters, I'm a journalist in Sheffield and was speaking to Carvalhal yesterday, he unlike a certain Spaniard refused to talk about Jordan Rhodes, but did say that he was a lot of money, too much for them.

And on Hanley, I am a huge critic of his. I don't believe he has the right head to be a captain, I consider him to be a fear monger. I've seen him make terrible decisions and blame others and putting the fear of god in them. Losing him to anyone would be a positive, as long as we replace him. As good as Killgallon is, he won't play more than 30 games this season, and Duffy needs to prove in the first few matches that he is over his injury and on par with this level. As many have mentioned on this forum, Doneil Henry would be an improvement on Hanley

What size head do you prefer Hanley to have? ;)

It's hard not to think like that. We were the one that should never have happened.

But they can't erase the history books...

...although their lawyers are probably working it! :unsure:

Someone asked a question from the BBC live updates thing today which was "which 6 players have won the PL with 2 (or more) different clubs"

Someone else then said "Well, who's won the PL? Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool"

It's already being re-written!

Someone asked a question from the BBC live updates thing today which was "which 6 players have won the PL with 2 (or more) different clubs"

Someone else then said "Well, who's won the PL? Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool"

It's already being re-written!

Could be a "witty" Scouser, referring to '95 or just a general thicko.

It is a shame though that Sky can't acknowledge a goal from Shearer in a Rovers shirt. Those had more impact on the PL competition than any screamer he ever scored for Newcastle.

Could be a "witty" Scouser, referring to '95 or just a general thicko.

It is a shame though that Sky can't acknowledge a goal from Shearer in a Rovers shirt. Those had more impact on the PL competition than any screamer he ever scored for Newcastle.

Couldn't agree more. It's sad that a company like Sky can't recognise the achievement Rovers made and instead of just sweeping it under the carpet, actually give us some credit for something that is unlikely to happen again.

Unleaded saying the French dude visiting us is a midfielder

Nixon saying its a striker

Both say he is white so it rules out abdoul diarra

Probably a slow tall no. 10 type, neither a front man or a midfielder.

Archived