BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club has to wait 120 days before it can re-appeal

It wouldnt be an appeal though. It would be a new offer of a contract that would again go to who ever decides on the work permit and with them hopefully then in the top 50, it would be granted.

No idea but I'm guessing appeal/apply for the permit are the same thing.

an application is to apply for something new. An appeal is to question a descision of that application so a new application that meets the guidelines would in theory be granted

How does that help us PV? for them waiting on the last minute to make a decision, means we have to wait and its not ideal when the season starts in 3 days time. Hughes had the pulling power, and he didnt have an embargo over his head, so its a poor comparison. We knew about the embargo ages ago, if we binging in players om trial who are going to mess us around, knowing what we can only pay them, then we shouldnt be bringing them in, its as simple as that.

It's not going to help us. What is likely to? It's common sense. Anyone half decent will wait for better offers and if none are forthcoming then they'll choose to take our 10k. You seem to be getting your knickers in a twist about it when there's very little we can do.

The notion of trialling players is the same now as it was under Hughes. I'd want us to do it as a matter of course under any management for any player who's ability is unproven at our level, or fitness is questionable. The fact we have an embargo is a side issue. Would you rather we just offered contracts willy nilly to anyone we like from afar? The players we can realistically look to bring in this summer are probably all worthy of a trial imo.

Surely Guthrie can't be in a picky position, he's had some bad injuries over past few years and is surely seen as risk by any club. Although he's a good player if he wants to start being a greedy b*stard then he can jog on.

Footballers are infuriating.

It's not going to help us. What is likely to? It's common sense. Anyone half decent will wait for better offers and if none are forthcoming then they'll choose to take our 10k. You seem to be getting your knickers in a twist about it when there's very little we can do.

The notion of trialling players is the same now as it was under Hughes. I'd want us to do it as a matter of course under any management for any player who's ability is unproven at our level, or fitness is questionable. The fact we have an embargo is a side issue. Would you rather we just offered contracts willy nilly to anyone we like from afar? The players we can realistically look to bring in this summer are probably all worthy of a trial imo.

of course i wouldnt, but then the role of the scouts need to be discussed. Are they there just to spot somebody, and then recommend to Gary, who then takes a look at them on a trial basis? Wouldnt it make more sense, for the scouts to recommend a player, gary then goes out to watch them play in competitive action(if they are attached to a club), and then decide if they are worth persuing or not. Remember, if we have had targets since last season, its crazy to give them a trial or 1 game to prove their worth like we have done this season with a few players.

also, we have had alot of trialists in, and only 1 officially signed up, so what is the deal with that? Its taking alot of time to have to sift through all these trialists, when they have been targets since last season. the season didnt just end a week or 2 ago.

Maybe im the only one who thinks, we are walking a fine line with these trialists, and leaving it again to a last minute decision, when we could have had guys in and preparing for the season with the rest of the squad, and ready to kick on

We have a squad size of 24 players only due to FFP

To fill those positions up with rash choices just to get players in will be madness.

There would be uproar on here if we d filled our squad by the end of July with rash loans only to see "better" or Premier League loanees become available at a later date which will happen.

We ve to be selective rather than desperate even though we re in a "beggars cant be choosers" situation.

A season is nine months long ..plenty of time for late additions to fit in and gel ...

We have offer a contract to Danny Guthrie according to the LT.

I'm always sceptical when the first paragraph of the Telegraph's story reads 'it is understood'.

So it seems that their story is based on rumour, and probably putting two and two together with Bowyer saying he was impressed and him still being on trial suggesting that there is an offer under consideration.

They couldn't even get his picture right! The photo on the website is of Nicky Maynard and not Danny Guthrie.

A sad reflection of the state of the club that four days before the eve of the season we're still rifling through trialists. Either they're good enough or they ain't. This business should have been tied up weeks/months ago.

How would you go about doing that if the people you have offered terms to are quite happy to wait for a better offer before committing? Rem our limit is 10k pw.

Gavlar this is the second time in two days that I have had to respond to posts from you which a touch of common sense and savvy should have given you the answer too.

More worrying, bowyer was moaning last month that he wished the transfer window shut before the season started.

See above post.

We have offer a contract to Danny Guthrie according to the LT.

Maybe its good old Shelfy that's the stumbling block yet again, i would imagine GB said pay him (Guthrie) 10k shelfy decides to offer 7k to save a few grand, -- look what i did venkys, meanwhile Guthrie gets fed up and off he goes, another shelfy cock up on the cards.

Look, we knew we would be under an embargo, not yesterday, not last week, not last month. We knew we would be under an embargo for quite some time now, a year at least. If our level of scouting and recruitment is of this standard, where we are still trialing players 3 days before the season starts, then we need to relook at those in charge.

The scouts and Tommy Johnson should have said to Bowyer, this is a good player, trust us Gary, and Bowyer should have said okay guys, I'm going to trust your judgement and get them signed up. A couple of injuries and suspensions , and we are in huge trouble , as this squad is just too light in terms of numbers in.

See 3 posts above!

Whats wrong with you people? It's completely bloody obvious why we are scratching around at the last minute. You all need to pay more attention to my posts. I predicted precisely this situation as soon as we went into the embargo.

How would you go about doing that if the people you have offered terms to are quite happy to wait for a better offer before committing? Rem our limit is 10k pw.

Gavlar this is the second time in two days that I have had to respond to posts from you which a touch of common sense and savvy should have given you the answer too.

Correct ..people have to remember the situation we are in (nevermind how we got into it in the first) we re in it and needs to be dealt with best way we can.

We re near the bottom of the ladder when it now comes to players considering their options. The club have to be patient and HOPE we do get a few players in of a worthy calibre. It may happen ..it may not ..but thats the situation .

The same for us supporters ..just got to bite the bullet and wait and see.

To just sign anyone just to satisfy the baying supporters wont help us in the long run.

A full month to go before the window shuts ..come end of august instead of rovers being desperate to sign players we may find players desperate to join us as their options slowly close in....but that wont be any good to us if we ve filled all 24 places in the squad with any old tom dick n harry just to look like we ve been pro active in the transfer market.

See above!

Whats wrong with you people?

meh, Gordon im not going to respond to this again. Its after all our season to for once be prepared, but hey, if these trialist want to mess us about for better offers, then they are not committed or wanting to be here. If Bowyer is happy with them, offered them a deal, and they waiting and waiting, what good does that do for us as a team. but, let me leave at that, its clear the message these days is, accept things the way they are and move on

How does that help us PV? for them waiting on the last minute to make a decision, means we have to wait and its not ideal when the season starts in 3 days time. Hughes had the pulling power, and he didnt have an embargo over his head, so its a poor comparison. We knew about the embargo ages ago, if we binging in players om trial who are going to mess us around, knowing what we can only pay them, then we shouldnt be bringing them in, its as simple as that.

And how do we know they are going to mess us around?

And how do we know they are going to mess us around? :rolleyes:

we dont, but if the responses are they are waiting for better offers, then of course they messing us around. Fair enough, anybody would want more money if they can get it, but its a rubbish situation to be in, especially with the season right around the corner.

Archived