BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

To be honest a good end to the window for me would be

1) Sign Guthrie

2) Keep Rhodes (or if we do sell replace with established quality at this level)

3) Sign Henry from West Ham

4) Find a striker/winger with real pace and ideally a scoring record (this will be difficult)

With the youngsters coming through that would leave us with a much better squad than I thought we would have tbh.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is it with people lecturing others with the obvious facts on here these days?

How do you know he has? As it stands he's losing money being an out of work footballer and a contract is on the table... If all he is waiting on is the chance of more money then as a normal working class bloke how can you not find that infuriating?

I'm quite aware of where we are now but take a step back from the football circus for a second and even 10 grand a week is bloody ridiculous and he should sign it or clear off. Do you want a player hanging around the club waiting for more money before he's even kicked a ball? I don't... Particularly as the season is about to kick off.

Ok pal. If you say so.

Andrey Galabinov may be the bulgarian chap on trial at Rovers. 1,93 m tall, huge striker. He's an international bulgarian player, 26 years old and currently free agent. Hes called "Il gigan

thought it was a french midfielder ... or have i missed something?

Yes, £10k in that league is decent money. But when you're a good player and have run your contract down then you are likely to have a plethora of options...lots of clubs willing to overpay on wages because there is no fee.

I can't say we'll sign a load of top players...but I can see that we're trying to bring in the right quality and I won't slam them for trying to do so.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/11/14/top-20-leagues-in-world-football-based-on-average-player-wages-englands-43717-bpl-way-ahead-of-la-liga/7/

Good point Longers. People seem to be talking like we're incapable of getting players in our current position and even making comparisons to Blackpool (a team that paid Ranger £150 a week or something right?!)

The above link from Nov 2014 shows the average Championship wage as £9,347 a week. Slap bang in our range. And I think we are pretty fair as fans, we aren't looking for world beaters here, just some competent Championship players that can add to the squad strength and at the very least ensure we aren't scrapping at the wrong end of the table.

Chill out Mani?! Is it not pretty understandable that with 3 days to go to start of season we are all fretting by the lack of signings considering all the players gone. I don't think people are over reacting here. It's been a pretty miserable summer so far. And with JR potentially to go too, what exactly am I supposed to be chilled about?

I understand that there is still almost a month of the window left, and I also understand that wage isn't the only issue and that not being able to pay fees is seriously hampering us and narrowing the field we can pick from.

"I trust the current management" ..... to get it right.

Well I will bow to your superior knowledge on this one as I am led to believe you have your finger on the pulse far more than me, but I can't say I feel that trust and am personally in full on panic mode.

If I was to score the management set up on the transfer window so far (factoring in the embargo) I would be struggling to give them a 5 out of 10. I really do hope your confidence is well placed and that come Sep I will be eating my words. But I feel very little optimism at the moment. And I guess I'm not alone.

He has only been here an hour!

"Obviously I haven’t been here for the whole pre-season, but the lads have had a good pre-season, they look fit and ready to give it a really good go this season"
Good singing all things considered.

At last....it took a while. Welcome Danny!

Currently there are some french trialists and an bulgarian one at Rovers.

Anyone remember Ivelin Popov?? His move colapsed him not given a work permit.

this guy will have or should have no problem getting a work permit

Andrey Galabinov may be the bulgarian chap on trial at Rovers. 1,93 m tall, huge striker. He's an international bulgarian player, 26 years old and currently free agent. Hes called "Il gigante"

548Galabinov_DAN9725.jpg

As a bulgarian, I'd love to see him signs, but I cant really say many things about him. Saw him a few times and what I do remember is that he was slow but he was scoring every once in a while. POPOV at the other hand was and is absolutley amazing

Pleased Guthrie has joined. He's a bit of a nasty bugger on the pitch and that's something we've been lacking. Hopefully we can now shift Evans as we don't need him with Guthrie, Lowe, Williamson and Lenihan competing for the CM births. I heard a rumour about Evans and Sheff Utd, but not sure they could afford him.

At last....it took a while. Welcome Danny!

Currently there are some french trialists and an bulgarian one at Rovers.

Anyone remember Ivelin Popov?? His move colapsed him not given a work permit.

We had another Bulgarian Valeri Domovchiyiski on trial too.

Archived