BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At last....it took a while. Welcome Danny!

Currently there are some french trialists and an bulgarian one at Rovers.

Anyone remember Ivelin Popov?? His move colapsed him not given a work permit.

Isn't Bulgaria EU country. Work permit shouldn't be issue.

According to my knowledge yes, so what was the issue with Popov then?

Edit: Oh, forgot to say - pleased with the Guthrie signing, welcome to Ewood Danny!

Evans has years ahead of him, regularly plays at international level, was a regular in the Hull side that won automatic promotion under Bruce in 2013 and came through the United youth system. All those things rolled into one, mixed together with his performances when he first arrived at the club, suggest to me there is a decent player in there that for one reason or another didn't reach his capabilities last season (along with a few others).

Williamson on the other hand I'm not sure has or has ever had the ability to perform regularly at the top end of the Championship. To me he is a hardworking and committed professional, a good player for League One and perhaps adequate for a bottom third Championship side, but there's no way he should be starting games on a regular basis if we want to move upwards.

Evans has years ahead of him, regularly plays at international level, was a regular in the Hull side that won automatic promotion under Bruce in 2013 and came through the United youth system. All those things rolled into one, mixed together with his performances when he first arrived at the club, suggest to me there is a decent player in there that for one reason or another didn't reach his capabilities last season (along with a few others).

Williamson on the other hand I'm not sure has or has ever had the ability to perform regularly at the top end of the Championship. To me he is a hardworking and committed professional, a good player for League One and perhaps adequate for a bottom third Championship side, but there's no way he should be starting games on a regular basis if we want to move upwards.

Evans is a good player who just had a bad season. Was broken up a lot by injuries etc. I'd keep him.

So what? That is a perfect world and in our situation a much lesser priority. They are all training somewhere aren't they?

It's not my excuse, Gordon. It's the one trotted out by managers and players up hill and down dale.

Wonder where our next few signings will be training though.

Pleased with the Guthrie signing.

Just need 2 more players in. Pacey winger/striker and another striker

I think Koita is the replacement for King so I'd say just another striker, 2 if Rhodes is leaving

As things stand we need a new striker who will have a chance of getting into double figures to replace Gestede.

Other than that, providing there are no more departures, then things don't look to bad.

Well you cant have it both ways in our situation Stuart....its a little unique now.

Again fill the squad with nobodys and say on Saturday full squad lets go ..and the season crumbles before our eyes, stuck with a squad for five months that will get us nowhere but hey ..we ve a full squad.

Or do we at least try and be selective and cherry pick the better players that may become available in the next four weeks.

Remember ..if we keep Rhodes we ve only lost Cairney and Gestede..theres no reason why we cant put a side out that will not be too dis similiar from what we had out last seaon. We aint starting from scratch.

"Cherry pick the better players that become available"? If only.

We will be looking at the ones that fell off the tree and aren't completely rotten.

Our squad is what Bowyer and Rovers have assembled. We should not be looking for a striker or midfield play-maker because we've just sold them. There was no point in selling players unless we could immediately replace them - which a club with better administrators than ours would have negotiated by now. Whilst remaining under embargo we should have told everyone that they would not be leaving and wee'd with the willy we had. I hope nobody dares use that as an excuse when the window closes.

Time and again, those who want to see us keep the team/squad/club as strong as possible are seen as negative but those who think they are 'positive' just because they shout 'ra ra Rovers' and agree with every decision to buy, to not buy or to sell - and smile and shrug as we become weaker and weaker.

Archived