BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha you never disappoint us .

Same as your digs at me. Same thing just different day. Boring as hell. Its all the time.

But you never comment on any new signings or suggestion any potential transfers so why bother coming on to the transfer talk thread?

So now your telling what I can and can't write . You said you would ignore me .. You can't even do that.

I'm not like you where I toss it off at everything venkys and rovers throw at us. I don't comment on these players because I don't know enough about them .

If rovers signed bin laden you would praise him . Your venk love is boring too chaddy .

Your the most fickle fan I've ever known, like last year you said sack bowyer , we win a game and hail hail Gary

Same as your digs at me. Same thing just different day. Boring as hell. Its all the time.

But you never comment on any new signings or suggestion any potential transfers so why bother coming on to the transfer talk thread?

Don't react Chaddy. You're better than that.

Great that Guthrie is in. Really pleased. Got the right experience, can make a tackle, can pass the ball, can score goals. We need that.

As for the Lowe/Evans/Williamson debate - they've all got serious weaknesses but for me both Williamson and Lowe have the redeeming feature of being committed and putting the yards in. I think often the entire game passes Evans by.

He has shown flashes of promise but rarely and with Guthrie, Peschi signing while Lenihan and Tomlinson are coming through someone has got to go. We can't have 7 players competing for two spots.

Evans has to be the one let go imo. Williamson had a strong season last year, Lowe can cover a lot of positions (RB, CB, CM) and has a good engine (which Evans certainly doesn't).

Plus as Evans is an international we might be able to get a million for him.

Great that Guthrie is in. Really pleased. Got the right experience, can make a tackle, can pass the ball, can score goals. We need that.

As for the Lowe/Evans/Williamson debate - they've all got serious weaknesses but for me both Williamson and Lowe have the redeeming feature of being committed and putting the yards in. I think often the entire game passes Evans by.

He has shown flashes of promise but rarely and with Guthrie, Peschi signing while Lenihan and Tomlinson are coming through someone has got to go. We can't have 7 players competing for two spots.

Evans has to be the one let go imo. Williamson had a strong season last year, Lowe can cover a lot of positions (RB, CB, CM) and has a good engine (which Evans certainly doesn't).

Plus as Evans is an international we might be able to get a million for him.

The fact that Evans is an international and we might be able to get money for him suggests to me we should try to keep him. Other clubs would have him in their side. The challenge for the manager is to get him back to the very good performances he put in between August and December 2013 before he got injured.

Its the wrong approach to offload him because someone might pay decent money for him. We should ask ourselves why other clubs would pay money for him and why he was a regular in Hull's promotion squad and why Williamson has spent his entire career at lower league clubs. Then there's the fact that in 12 months he will be 34 and out of contract.

Andrey Galabinov may be the bulgarian chap on trial at Rovers. 1,93 m tall, huge striker. He's an international bulgarian player, 26 years old and currently free agent. Hes called "Il gigante"

548Galabinov_DAN9725.jpg

According to wiki He had a great season two years ago in Serie B. 15 goals in 39 games. Last year more modest 6 in 29. Seems interesting.

Not sure we are looking at lump it strikers though? We have Brown and they don't really seem to suit Rhodes as partners. Surely we need a bit more pace?

Guthrie seems a good signing in our situation on the face of it, the only problem is, will GB play him?

Of the unsuccessful Lowe/Williamson/Evans triumvirate I'd say at present Williamson looks comfortably the best of the 3 but age is against him long term. Lowe is comfortably the worst of the 3 as a midfielder Imo but does have the advantage of being able to fill in at RB if required or CB at a pinch. I'd be very comfortable with selling either Lowe or Evans for a decent fee especially if it meant we could come out of embargo.

Good signing and about time. Like others have said it's going to be an interesting one how he fits him in. Evans/Guthrie in the centre for me but if so no doubt Lowey will be at right back which is not something I want to see whilst Henley is showing he can do the job.

I think Evans is better than he showed at times last season infact he was in good form early on. He is however the only saleable midfielder so I'd take a decent fee for him but would prefer to keep now with Lowe and Willo the midfield back up men.

Then again we do have the tinkerman so we'll see them all. Going to be some interesting 65 mins this season.

Rotate rotate.............

I'm pretty sure that contracts coming to an end run up until the end of June. The players wages are paid up until this date. In that respect would a player be able to have two contracts with different clubs?

If a player signs for someone else his old contract surely must become null and void.

If a player signs for someone else his old contract surely must become null and void.

?????

If you're under contract you can't sign a contract with someone else.

You can sign a pre contract agreement in certain circumstances to join someone else when your contract has expired. I think it's when you get down to 6 months left on your existing deal or something like that.

• Backroom

You can sign a pre contract agreement in certain circumstances to join someone else when your contract has expired. I think it's when you get down to 6 months left on your existing deal or something like that.

The 6 month pre-contract agreement is only if you're joining a club abroad, I think. Otherwise you pretty much have to wait until the contract expires.

Note that I'm using Football Manager as my reference point here.

Good signing and about time. Like others have said it's going to be an interesting one how he fits him in. Evans/Guthrie in the centre for me but if so no doubt Lowey will be at right back which is not something I want to see whilst Henley is showing he can do the job.

I think Evans is better than he showed at times last season infact he was in good form early on. He is however the only saleable midfielder so I'd take a decent fee for him but would prefer to keep now with Lowe and Willo the midfield back up men.

Then again we do have the tinkerman so we'll see them all. Going to be some interesting 65 mins this season.

Rotate rotate.............

Guthrie probably won't be fit for a good portion of the season so rotation will be essential anyway.

With Conway and Marshall in the squad, I think I would have been happy to swap Cairney for Guthrie, so for us to do that and get £3 million in the process is a good result in my opinion.

I think Guthrie has more about him as a leader than any of our other central midfielders (which I admit isn't saying much.)

I do hope that the likes of Lenihan and O'Sullivan get their chance this season though.

Looking forward to Saturday!

Not posted on here for about 6 months but thought i'd chip in now that we are close to the start of the season.

I'm pleased with the Guthrie signing, I think given the circumstances we are in that he is solid Championshipo midfielder and someone who is arguably better than what we currently have in the middle.

I'm cautiously excited by Koita and Petshi. Koita in particular is an interesting one due to him having played in the top league in France.

Hoping Petshi is more of an Nzonzi than a Goulon but he is such an unknown at this stage that nobody can really have any kind of long term opinion on the guy. He really has been plucked from obscurity, so whether he is a success or not only time will tell.

Regarding potential future signings, I expect Delfouneso to be given a deal, perhaps on Friday...I have a feeling one or two may come in at the last minute before Saturday's game. Delfouneso is certainly the Varney replacement in my eyes...but whether he is an improvement is another question.

So now your telling what I can and can't write . You said you would ignore me .. You can't even do that.

I'm not like you where I toss it off at everything venkys and rovers throw at us. I don't comment on these players because I don't know enough about them .

If rovers signed bin laden you would praise him . Your venk love is boring too chaddy .

Your the most fickle fan I've ever known, like last year you said sack bowyer , we win a game and hail hail Gary

What a bully. ;) lol

What ye reckon will be offered to Delfounso or what would people see as reasonable? be realistic now, no 'zero' replies pleases...like if were picking these guys up cheap he not the worst i would have imagined us signing a few weeks back...hes only 24 and could be coached and improved..not saying hes a starter but a better option that Varney and Brown in my eyes..

Not posted on here for about 6 months but thought i'd chip in now that we are close to the start of the season.

I'm pleased with the Guthrie signing, I think given the circumstances we are in that he is solid Championshipo midfielder and someone who is arguably better than what we currently have in the middle.

I'm cautiously excited by Koita and Petshi. Koita in particular is an interesting one due to him having played in the top league in France.

Hoping Petshi is more of an Nzonzi than a Goulon but he is such an unknown at this stage that nobody can really have any kind of long term opinion on the guy. He really has been plucked from obscurity, so whether he is a success or not only time will tell.

Regarding potential future signings, I expect Delfouneso to be given a deal, perhaps on Friday...I have a feeling one or two may come in at the last minute before Saturday's game. Delfouneso is certainly the Varney replacement in my eyes...but whether he is an improvement is another question.

I would be an improvement on Varney.

Archived