BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Cherry pick the better players that become available"? If only.

We will be looking at the ones that fell off the tree and aren't completely rotten.

Our squad is what Bowyer and Rovers have assembled. We should not be looking for a striker or midfield play-maker because we've just sold them. There was no point in selling players unless we could immediately replace them - which a club with better administrators than ours would have negotiated by now. Whilst remaining under embargo we should have told everyone that they would not be leaving and wee'd with the willy we had. I hope nobody dares use that as an excuse when the window closes.

Time and again, those who want to see us keep the team/squad/club as strong as possible are seen as negative but those who think they are 'positive' just because they shout 'ra ra Rovers' and agree with every decision to buy, to not buy or to sell - and smile and shrug as we become weaker and weaker.

It's basic football 101. Don't get rid unless you have to and have a replacement lined up.

Read an article a while back where Southampton know who the potential replacements are of each member of the team. That's forward planning and we can see how that benefited them so much last season. Us, we don't even have a style or first choice 11! Forward planning hasn't crossed the threshold of ewood for some time.

Anyhow on a positive note, am very pleased Guthrie has signed. A midfielder who can pass the ball will be a very welcome and much needed addition,

Why can't it be Lowey

I honestly think Lowe is better than Evans. Though Lowe was pretty poor in the Wigan friendly.

We now have Guthrie, Willo, Lowe, Evans, Leninan, Petshi and the emerging Tomlinson, who I'd like to see more of.

Of those I'd say Evans would be the easiest to sell for a fee (below the £850k we paid for him though) and I think he was our worst performer last season.

Surely the signing of Guthrie makes Evans is surplus to requirements.

Edited appropriately. Shame as looked promising at first.

What ye reckon will be offered to Delfounso or what would people see as reasonable? be realistic now, no 'zero' replies pleases...like if were picking these guys up cheap he not the worst i would have imagined us signing a few weeks back...hes only 24 and could be coached and improved..not saying hes a starter but a better option that Varney and Brown in my eyes..

Well I wouldn't go for him personally, but if I had to, it'd be low wage, one year with another year's option for the club. Fact that the last 2 or 3 places haven't been able to get anything out of him makes me think that they'd struggle to develop him more.

Boro about to sign Gayle, end of the JR11 speculation?

What is Boro's game? That they HAVE to spend £10 million+ on one player just to show the world that they aren't going to be restricted by FUP?

I just don't get it. In theory they are basically guaranteeing an embargo if they don't get promoted soon.

Their turnover last year was about £12 million. They are going to be spending close to double that this summer.

At least FUP is working well at stopping clubs from overspending though...

Everyone is talking about Lenihan but to be honest I think Tomlinson is ahead of him in the queue now. I doubt Bowyer would have played him all pre season if he didn't see him as viable for the first team.

Its really hard to tell with Bowyer but my guess is the pecking order is:-

1) Lowe

2) Guthrie

3) Williamson

4) Evans

5) Tomlinson

6) Peschi

7) Lenihan

Lenihan is yet to play in midfield for the first XI I think. Looking at our glut of midfielders he might be regretting signing a contract... Still he only signed a year so if he doesn't get a game he will be sold in January I would imagine.

I'd really prefer to sell Evans and get Tomlinson and Lenihan closer to the first XI.

Guthrie probably won't be fit for a good portion of the season so rotation will be essential anyway.

It's absolutely crucial for us to play with a settled side where possible. It's one of my biggest gripes with Gaz that he chops and changes every five minutes when it's been proven at this level time and time again that consistency with team selections breeds success. He needs to go with Guthrie and X until there's an injury or a damn good reason to drop one of them

It's absolutely crucial for us to play with a settled side where possible. It's one of my biggest gripes with Gaz that he chops and changes every five minutes when it's been proven at this level time and time again that consistency with team selections breeds success. He needs to go with Guthrie and X until there's an injury or a damn good reason to drop one of them

Like making savings on appearance payments

Interesting to see what Bowyer does now. Guthrie is what the midfield most needed. Well done Rovers for signing him. There is a very tough competition now in the middle. I see Lenihan more like 4th choice central defender. Evans could be tempting to sell if decent fee is offered.

puts another name in the tombola at 2.45 on Saturday

In all fairness if Guthrie hits the heights of when he recovered from injury at Newcastle or when under Adkins at Reading then we've signed a cracker ..lets hope his off the field problems are behind him....but hey WTF we all have them..lol

Burnley to lodge a bid for Hanley within 24 hours

Seems a strange move. They'd need to pay a fair bit. 4m absolute minimum. Venkys may want a lot more for him. And Gaz will fight tooth and nail to keep him.

Seems liked their wasting their time and ours unless they come in with a big offer. Don't think there is anything in it.

Archived