BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been having a look at Reading's Hobnob MB - re-Guthrie, he's definitely a spikey one, seems like he can play a bit when he wants to though,

looks like Bowyer will have his work cut out keeping him happy, don't think he will take too kindly to being dropped.

Decent passer short and long, but tends to slow the play down most seem to say, I dare say the folk who saw him against Wigan will have seen

that for themselves.

Probably better than what we have but.....

When are we going to bring in someone with pace ?

Why have Burnley targeted Hanley when there are so many other centre halves around to choose from ?

Has he indicated he is unhappy at Rovers but wishes to stay in the area ?

It doesn't make any sense to me, particularly as Burnley are not flush with cash

Just having a read of clampetts mad the Hanley thread

Can any of our nickoteens confirm this

"Nixon reporting that we've adjusted our bid up this morning. Saying we are being told what to bid to make it happen but won't elaborate who by."

If anyone wants to have a look click the link to be transported back in time (bowl of disinfectant available on exit )

http://boards.footymad.net/clarets-mad/2109888285/?pg=1

Why have Burnley targeted Hanley when there are so many other centre halves around to choose from ?

It doesn't make any sense to me, particularly as Burnley are not flush with cash

I think they are jim mk2,

parachute payments, tv revenue etc

He's obviously been "headhunted" :lol: perhaps he's known for a while they'd be coming for him, hence the slimline version.

Seems a strange move. They'd need to pay a fair bit. 4m absolute minimum. Venkys may want a lot more for him. And Gaz will fight tooth and nail to keep him.

Seems liked their wasting their time and ours unless they come in with a big offer. Don't think there is anything in it.

You are spot on, Rovers or should I say Bowyer (even though we are told venkys make the transfer decisions) is adamant Hanley is going nowhere, to the extent he would rather lose Rhodes. I believe it's in region of £3.2million, and rovers won't even entertain it.

There's also interest from Palace too, maybe Dann did get on with Hanley after all.......

I can imagine Hanley is on around 15k a week? Apparently Ings was on 7k when he left at the end of this season, they aren't known for giving out big wages but seen as from TV revenue alone they pocketed around 60 million last season if I was a dingle fan I'd be expecting a couple more signings! For me, if they were to bid 4-5 million I'd let him go and then get Henry on loan. Or if the embargo was lifted which is another debate entirely I'd maybe look to bring someone in for a fee, no idea who though too be fair.

I can imagine Hanley is on around 15k a week? Apparently Ings was on 7k when he left at the end of this season, they aren't known for giving out big wages but seen as from TV revenue alone they pocketed around 60 million last season if I was a dingle fan I'd be expecting a couple more signings! For me, if they were to bid 4-5 million I'd let him go and then get Henry on loan. Or if the embargo was lifted which is another debate entirely I'd maybe look to bring someone in for a fee, no idea who though too be fair.

If they do make a bid in that region (eventually) it will be very, very interesting, Shaw will want to sell to enable the embargo to be lifted, however Bowyer will do everything he can not to sell.

If they do make a bid in that region (eventually) it will be very, very interesting, Shaw will want to sell to enable the embargo to be lifted, however Bowyer will do everything he can not to sell.

Really, I get the impression Bowyer will sell anyone if the price is right.

I don't want to see Hanley leave. Yes, he didn't impress last season and had more than one rush of blood but IMO he still has potential.

Perhaps its because he's come through the academy, but I would like to see him stay, at least for a few more seasons.

If a player signs for someone else his old contract surely must become null and void.

But the contract with their previous club will only have expired at the end of June when it is not being renewed. Only after this can a player sign a contract with another club.

How much? A package of 5m and I'd accept it. His value will unlikely ever go above 5m.

Who cares what you would accept rovers11? It's what Mrs Desai accepts that is the issue.

But the contract with their previous club will only have expired at the end of June when it is not being renewed. Only after this can a player sign a contract with another club.

Except by mutual agreement surely?

You are spot on, Rovers or should I say Bowyer (even though we are told venkys make the transfer decisions) is adamant Hanley is going nowhere, to the extent he would rather lose Rhodes. I believe it's in region of £3.2million, and rovers won't even entertain it.

There's also interest from Palace too, maybe Dann did get on with Hanley after all.......

If we can somehow get what it would take to get the embargo lifted for Hanley - that would be brilliant.

Until he becomes a regular kingpin and captain for the dingles and then goes off to some big club for eleventeen million or similar. :rolleyes:

Hanley is a far better player than a lot of people are making him out to be and as far as I can see our centre halves will always have their work cut out whilst they have two lightweight and defensively weak full backs either side of them with wingers who don't track back quickly enough. Far to many crosses that should have been prevented wing their way across our box every match for my liking.

Until he becomes a regular kingpin and captain for the dingles and then goes off to some big club for eleventeen million or similar. :rolleyes:

Hanley is a far better player than a lot of people are making him out to be and as far as I can see our centre halves will always have their work cut out whilst they have two lightweight and defensively weak full backs either side of them with wingers who don't track back quickly enough. Far to many crosses that should have been prevented wing their way across our box every match for my liking.

Yep, good point. Look at Trippier for example, small in stature just like Ollson and Henley, but loved getting stuck in and was fairly strong for his size. Our as you say are lightweight and get shoved off the ball to easily.

Archived