BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Hanley's a good footballer but he's not the tallest and he does struggle physically against big forwards - particularly in the air. This rush to get rid of him reminds of the ambivalence over Scott Dann's departure and which I also don't understand - his departure left us significantly weaker and Hanley leaving would do the same

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been having a look at Reading's Hobnob MB - re-Guthrie, he's definitely a spikey one, seems like he can play a bit when he wants to though,

looks like Bowyer will have his work cut out keeping him happy, don't think he will take too kindly to being dropped.

Decent passer short and long, but tends to slow the play down most seem to say, I dare say the folk who saw him against Wigan will have seen

that for themselves.

Probably better than what we have but.....

When are we going to bring in someone with pace ?

I'd rather we had someone who can pass a ball in CM. Hopefully Guthrie fits the bill.

Anyway, Koita has pace by all accounts.

Sell him .... for me he just hasnt improved in the last 3-4 years when he's been a regular starter , potential is one thing but for me he makes the same mistakes now as he did as a raw teenager under SK

I can imagine Hanley is on around 15k a week? Apparently Ings was on 7k when he left at the end of this season, they aren't known for giving out big wages but seen as from TV revenue alone they pocketed around 60 million last season if I was a dingle fan I'd be expecting a couple more signings! For me, if they were to bid 4-5 million I'd let him go and then get Henry on loan. Or if the embargo was lifted which is another debate entirely I'd maybe look to bring someone in for a fee, no idea who though too be fair.

If Kean was on £10k and Rhodes £40k i'd imagine Hanley is £20k+ as club captain and full international.

We don't need £6m to get out of FFP guys...the magic number is £4m!!

The article actually said a "similar" fee to Rudy's.

Hanley to Butnley for £4m, Doneil Henry on loan and is outa the embargo will do me just fine tbh.

If Kean was on £10k and Rhodes £40k i'd imagine Hanley is £20k+ as club captain and full international.

Correct

Hanley to Butnley for £4m, Doneil Henry on loan and is outa the embargo will do me just fine tbh.

You know this how ?

Correct

you know this as fact?

Just a guess mate...of course!

£4m will do it. Would prob have to be up front..but that's what I hear.

King money also added...

Eh!

A guess or what you hear,

The review post option is your friend

Eh!

A guess or what you hear,

The review post option is your friend

Apologies, I was joking re the guess bit...thought they would be on separate posts.

The understanding is that £4m plus King money will do it.

Correct

if that happened then id say its been a relatively good summer overall aside from unexpectedly losing cairney(and to a league rival no less) and yet again the extreme doom mongers would be proved wrong.

But I still think Bowyer is a poor manager when it comes to the key aspect of his job- Match days!!-winning games, playing well(tactically speaking) picking the best starting 11 and keeping the players motivated and sadly in the years that he has been manager he has shown no sign of self improvement in those departments.

I'm wondering why everyone thinks Henry will be the saviour and solve all the problems at the back. He's played 3 games in English football...... 3...... His career total games total about 70, is this enough to judge him on??

Until he becomes a regular kingpin and captain for the dingles and then goes off to some big club for eleventeen million or similar. :rolleyes:

Hanley is a far better player than a lot of people are making him out to be and as far as I can see our centre halves will always have their work cut out whilst they have two lightweight and defensively weak full backs either side of them with wingers who don't track back quickly enough. Far to many crosses that should have been prevented wing their way across our box every match for my liking.

Defending is mainly about working as a unit, look at how Dann improved by moving into a team that worked its socks off, was organised, and put a tackle in. Hanley is still a kid when it comes to being a centre-half. To me he needs that steady ship alongside him, for those old enough look how Hendry improved when paired with Kevin Moran. Jones was brought in alongside Ryan Nelsen.

I see no point in selling anyone else just in order to come out of the embargo, its 3 days to the start of the season, too late to bring in adequate replacements.

Defending is mainly about working as a unit, look at how Dann improved by moving into a team that worked its socks off, was organised, and put a tackle in. Hanley is still a kid when it comes to being a centre-half. To me he needs that steady ship alongside him, for those old enough look how Hendry improved when paired with Kevin Moran. Jones was brought in alongside Ryan Nelsen.

I see no point in selling anyone else just in order to come out of the embargo, its 3 days to the start of the season, too late to bring in adequate replacements.

Hanley's not even in the top two CB's though and the window doesn't close until September...

Archived