BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whose understanding is that ?

using your logic it could be 8M just as easily as 4M ( ie somewhere near 6M )

Haha you won't pin me down mate. Believe what you like.

Most on here know roughly where my "understanding" comes from so do the maths.

Answer me this one....why do you think that the price has gone to £14m suddenly?

Getting out of this embargo at the hands of the Yahoos is a tantalising prospect. I have nagging concerns about Dyche polishing Hanley into a gem though.

I'm with you on that. I just think Hanley has age on his side and will improve under the right guidance and Dyche will certainly give that. The fact that Dyche rates him is a worry when you consider the other 'cast offs' he's polished into gems - Trippier, Arfield, Ings to name a few.

Why no interest in Lowe anyway? Over 100 games to his name at a young age, played in the Prem, U 21 international, first name on the teamsheet? No takers? One would have to question why...

We don't need £6m to get out of FFP guys...the magic number is £4m!!

The article actually said a "similar" fee to Rudy's.

Hanley to Butnley for £4m, Doneil Henry on loan and is outa the embargo will do me just fine tbh.

Correct

Good to see posts from people with a bit of info.

NEVER SELL YOUR CAPTAIN TO YOUR LOCAL RIVALS

regardless of how cr@p he is, its not just about the players attributes, its about our status in Lancashire as number 1.

NEVER SELL YOUR CAPTAIN TO YOUR LOCAL RIVALS

regardless of how cr@p he is, its not just about the players attributes, its about our status in Lancashire as number 1.

Well, Gav, I hate to be the one to break it to you but we are currently number 2 - at best!

The only problem I see with selling Hanley to Bumley is that Dyche will probably whip him into shape.

Don't get the rush to sell Hanley. Last year was overall poor - but the season before was far better. IMO he needs an experienced partner to get the best out of him - sure that with Killgallon alongside him he will be far better - only problem us I can see Bowyer starting with Duffy and Hanley.

Getting out of this embargo at the hands of the Yahoos is a tantalising prospect. I have nagging concerns about Dyche polishing Hanley into a gem though.

Make sure there is a decent sell on percentage included in the deal. Doesn't read the game well enough for me nor does he have the height to dominate in the air or pace to burn. Dyche would do well to develop him further.

Hope people don't take this like I'm trying to stir it up, I'm just passing on something I've heard... Someone who works at Rovers says Marshall wants to leave, says he's had his head turned.

Well, Gav, I hate to be the one to break it to you but we are currently number 2 - at best!

The only problem I see with selling Hanley to Bumley is that Dyche will probably whip him into shape.

Bunk_um

A couple of good seasons for the dingles in 40yrs doesn't make them top dogs Stuart, wash your mouth out.

Make sure there is a decent sell on percentage included in the deal. Doesn't read the game well enough for me nor does he have the height to dominate in the air or pace to burn. Dyche would do well to develop him further.

6 ft 2 or 6 ft 3 (depending which source) Grant Hanley sure is a dwarf.

Hope people don't take this like I'm trying to stir it up, I'm just passing on something I've heard... Someone who works at Rovers says Marshall wants to leave, says he's had his head turned.

I feel this would be a disaster. Losing Rudy, King, Cairney, and potentially both Rhodes and Marshall would be far too much for us to replace all at once. There'd only be Conway missing from that as a list of our best players (yes, maybe generous to include King in that, but he was certainly looking like he could crack on and achieve it). The only time I've seen a cull of our cream like that in my lifetime is after a relegation.

Haha you won't pin me down mate. Believe what you like.

Most on here know roughly where my "understanding" comes from so do the maths.

Answer me this one....why do you think that the price has gone to £14m suddenly?

Well It's my understanding that it is £20 million or they won't even answer the phone and always has been.

Degsy gone rogue again !

Bunk_um

A couple of good seasons for the dingles in 40yrs doesn't make them top dogs Stuart, wash your mouth out.

Better manager, better squad, more money, no debt, bragging rights over us, for sure. Might be only temporary but for now they are top dogs I'm afraid.

The only thing we have is more fans, and Venkys are even doing their best to take that stat away from us. :(

well 1 month ago Ben Marshall said to the LT that " he happy at Blackburn Rovers"

here the link to his comments http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13386174.Blackburn_Rovers_star_Ben_Marshall_dismisses_Sheffield_Wednesday_transfer_speculation/?ref=rss

As I remember they'll need those extra digits to watch games through. I have only really seen him when he first broke into the side as a raw teenager in the Prem and he was an accident waiting to happen. From what I've read he hasn't trained on but there is talent there which is what worries me about him potentially going to b*rnly.

well 1 month ago Ben Marshall said to the LT that " he happy at Blackburn Rovers"

here the link to his comments http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13386174.Blackburn_Rovers_star_Ben_Marshall_dismisses_Sheffield_Wednesday_transfer_speculation/?ref=rss

One month ago Rhodes was happy here. Not sure how a four week old quote is any kind of rebuttal. Besides players are always 'happy to join', 'happy to stay', 'happy to sign' while they are at a club.

Having watched recent events, like Cairney and Gestede leaving, it'd be no surprise if any of our so-called "tight nit" group felt that all was not well at Rovers and were looking for better options - or at least their agents.

• Backroom

All it would take is an offer of more money elsewhere and, like the majority of professional footballers, he'd want to leave.

Hopefully it's nonsense, because we really can't afford to lose one of the very few creative players we have left.

Archived