BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

well 1 month ago Ben Marshall said to the LT that " he happy at Blackburn Rovers"

here the link to his comments http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13386174.Blackburn_Rovers_star_Ben_Marshall_dismisses_Sheffield_Wednesday_transfer_speculation/?ref=rss

Well I tried to find a link for you Chaddy, but it's only a few months, if that, since Rhodes was saying he was happy here and would stay as long as we wanted him. And now he's been in the press agitating for a move. So you make of Marshall's comments what you will, but I've learnt to ignore the noises professional footballers make in public.

Edit- I see Stuart had much the same thought.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope people don't take this like I'm trying to stir it up, I'm just passing on something I've heard... Someone who works at Rovers says Marshall wants to leave, says he's had his head turned.

If it's to a Prem club then it's understandable from his point of view. The West Brom links keep rearing up.

Burnley must be receiving at least a little encouragement to keep coming back for Hanley. I'm sure if the word was 4 mill, most up front plus add ons plus sell on they'd soon have dropped out.

Not his biggest fan but I'd only sell now at this stage for a real hefty fee. We didn't miss him at all last season but there were adequate replacements on board. Henry would be a risk but if they shape themselves and get a steady head in maybe on loan then Henry as back up it may look ok.

cos Stuart, Marshall went public with his happiness of being at Blackburn Rovers when asked about the Sheff Wed linked.

I would be offer Ben Marshall a new contract as I feel he will be our key player this season

Wind and air Chaddy.

You do raise a good point though about contracts...there are a couple of players we could do to tie down a bit longer. I assume our budget limitations are preventing this, but we risk losing good players for small prices or frees in future if we don't think ahead.

Burnley must be receiving at least a little encouragement to keep coming back for Hanley. I'm sure if the word was 4 mill, most up front plus add ons plus sell on they'd soon have dropped out.

Ey? I thought this Burnley link thing had only just raised its head and they were about to put in their first bid???

Haha you won't pin me down mate. Believe what you like.

Most on here know roughly where my "understanding" comes from so do the maths.

Answer me this one....why do you think that the price has gone to £14m suddenly?

because we've only just got the nod that one more sale of £4m would take us out of the embargo and so the need to sell Rhodes no longer exists, so the price will keep going up till Boro ferk off and try somewhere else?

Wind and air Chaddy.

You do raise a good point though about contracts...there are a couple of players we could do to tie down a bit longer. I assume our budget limitations are preventing this, but we risk losing good players for small prices or frees in future if we don't think ahead.

Ey? I thought this Burnley link thing had only just raised its head and they were about to put in their first bid???

They've been in twice according to some.

cos Stuart, Marshall went public with his happiness of being at Blackburn Rovers when asked about the Sheff Wed linked.

Going public means nothing, don't be naive. Do you think he will turn down a better offer because "only a month ago I told everyone I was happy and might look a bit silly"? Professional footballers are whores, Chaddy, they'll say whatever they need to say and do what they need to do. I've already suggested two things that have changed in the past month that he could use to say he's no longer happy, his agent will have more.

I'd say you were being obtuse but I don't think you are.

Ok, let's say we get out of the embargo- would we have the money to make any signings? And who?

good question. That's one for the Venky's.

Other clubs are doing it with similar incomes to ours. Even spending a small amount can make a huge difference, as evidenced by the signings of Rudy and Conway.

Going public means nothing, don't be naive. Do you think he will turn down a better offer because "only a month ago I told everyone I was happy and might look a bit silly"? Professional footballers are whores, Chaddy, they'll say whatever they need to say and do what they need to do. I've already suggested two things that have changed in the past month that he could use to say he's no longer happy, his agent will have more.

I'd say you were being obtuse but I don't think you are.

Mercerman lite

Marshall is star man and happy since Cairney left.

Quite the opposite, Cairney, Marsh and Rhodes were all mates. Me and my best mate had Luke Varneys season ticket last season their families were all friends too it seemed.

I really dont see Marshall being unhappy at Rovers at all myself.

The team is being built around him IMO with him playing the 10 role this season.

Jeez, Chaddy, the majority of Rovers fans are unhappy at Rovers ATM!

"The team is being built around him"? You say that like there is some kind of plan going on! Once the rumours start, players invariable end up leaving.

The team is being built around him IMO with him playing the 10 role this season.

Nobody knows Chaddy apart from Marshall and those close to him. He'd not be sane if he wasn't a little disillusioned with life under Venky's, but hopefully he's still prepared to knuckle down and as you say, be one of our star men

Just telling you what I've heard from someone who works at the club... Could just be unhappy at the moment with 1 of his mates already left and another possibly going... Once he starts playing as main man then he might brighten up, they are people after all. One thing i noticed it that it almost felt like youth football being in and around them and wouldn't surprise me at all that Marsh feels that way because some of his mates have left.

Hope people don't take this like I'm trying to stir it up, I'm just passing on something I've heard... Someone who works at Rovers says Marshall wants to leave, says he's had his head turned.

He worked really hard all game against Wigan - looked like he really enjoyed the number 10 role, all over the pitch. Not too worried about him.

From a morale perspective all the players looked in good shape apart from Rhodes. As far as you can tell on Rovers Player anyway.

Archived