BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

I really dont see Marshall being unhappy at Rovers at all myself.

The team is being built around him IMO with him playing the 10 role this season.

I don't see this fascination with Marshall as a 10. Obviously his best performances have been on the left wing or maybe on the right, delivering a quality ball for the CF. He's a winger, no?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Gav, I hate to be the one to break it to you but we are currently number 2 - at best!

The only problem I see with selling Hanley to Bumley is that Dyche will probably whip him into shape.

If Rovers fans are going into the season in the mentality that we are at best number 2 in Lancashire then what hope do we have as a club?

We are the biggest club in Lancashire. Balance sheets and performance over 2 seasons won't change that.

The team is being built around him IMO with him playing the 10 role this season.

Doesnt mean he's unhappy even if his head has been turned, could be a better opportunity for him like PL football.

Premier League = fair enough. Couldn't blame Marshall or any other player for having their head turned by a better contract and higher standard of football. Same applies to Gestede.

Its the Cairney to Fulham and Rhodes to Middlesbrough stories that I can't get my head around.

DIdn't say he was a dwarf, said he isn't dominant in the air against decent sized forwards.

You had specifically said he didn't have the height for it is all. And I think someone else said the same today. It isn't that he is too short is all I'm saying. Personally don't think he's too bad in the air. Definitely better than Dann was at it. Shame he's a liability in general though.

You had specifically said he didn't have the height for it is all. And I think someone else said the same today. It isn't that he is too short is all I'm saying. Personally don't think he's too bad in the air. Definitely better than Dann was at it. Shame he's a liability in general though.

Fair Enough BB - definitely not too short at that height - my bad. Meant he is easily dominated in the air.

Just on Ings and 7K - he was offered a new deal on a lot more but turned it down to get the move he wanted.

That said I doubt we will be paying more than 15k in the championship, may I guess stretch to 20k.

Dyche it seems wants Hanley but I'd be amazed if we get near 4 million. Story I heard was our improved offer was more up front not more money.

You can't blame Ings for going Longers. Premiership, big club, chance of European footie and the odd trophy, corporate player sponsorship and all those Scouse girls with knickers around their ankles.

Burnley, Blackpool, Rovers.......we are all selling clubs.

Just on Ings and 7K - he was offered a new deal on a lot more but turned it down to get the move he wanted.

That said I doubt we will be paying more than 15k in the championship, may I guess stretch to 20k.

Dyche it seems wants Hanley but I'd be amazed if we get near 4 million. Story I heard was our improved offer was more up front not more money.

Whilst quite a number of Rovers fans would que up to drive Hanley to Turd Moor and pay for his medical it will not hapen - Rovers will not sell Bowyer's Captain to the Dingles. I qualify that as we have lunatics as owners. Anyone else who wants Hanley at 4 mil would be acceptable to me.

He needs to work on his consistency first and then on trying to play that role. Can he even do that role adroitly?

Rhodes to Middlesbrough stories that I can't get my head around.

Why? There's hardly been Prem club chomping at the bit for him so his next logical step is to try an ambitious club in this league and hope to god he isn't lied to and let down a 2nd time.

He needs to work on his consistency first and then on trying to play that role. Can he even do that role adroitly?

Well I think he can and he has played there in every pre season game that he has been involved in. He has techinque and work rate for the role IMO. does he has the consistency to play that role? Guess we will find out

Why? There's hardly been Prem club chomping at the bit for him so his next logical step is to try an ambitious club in this league and hope to god he isn't lied to and let down a 2nd time.

Aww poor Jordan, he's been so unhappy at Rovers he signed a new improved contract at Rovers 12 months ago.

What was he lied to about?

Well I think he can and he has played there in every pre season game that he has been involved in. He has techinque and work rate for the role IMO. does he has the consistency to play that role? Guess we will find out

Imo only in the last few seasons as grant regressed I suppose it's a bit like the rest of the club

But he's put in some fantastic performances for Scotland

Aww poor Jordan

What was he lied to about?

Do you really need that answering? Promotion ambitions. His wage is irrelevant, as his actions show, when you have been bullshitted to twice about the club actively looking for promotion. We are yet to see any attempt. Hence he's obviously had enough. Yet he'll continue to play and score in the meantime inspite of the begrudged ill feeling from sections of the support.

well he doesn't need to be, he just needs to be a professional, and get on with the job which he is without a doubt handsomely paid to do. End of.

Not saying he is going on strike, just adding to the bit of info Neal provided that might suggest he would look elsewhere if a bid was accepted.

Some staff really like GB some think he's a decent guy but no football nous and some think hes a total idiot.. A certain ex players words were he's a total prick

But doesn't that scenario apply in most employment

well he doesn't need to be, he just needs to be a professional, and get on with the job which he is without a doubt handsomely paid to do. End of.

That is correct sometimes footballers forget their paid more than most people can only dream of

Archived