BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Do you really need that answering? Promotion ambitions. His wage is irrelevant, as his actions show, when you have been bullshitted to twice about the club actively looking for promotion. We are yet to see any attempt. Hence he's obviously had enough. Yet he'll continue to play and score in the meantime inspite of the begrudged ill feeling from sections of the support.

that doesn't answer the question, unless Rhodes was called to a meeting before he signed the contract and told that by 15/16 we would DEFINITELY be in the Prem or else he could leave. If you were at that meeting then fair enough but i'm guessing you weren't. There should also be a clause in his contract saying he could leave for £x amount if we didn't go up. That doesn't appear to be the case. He just signed a longer contract for more money. Simple as that.

It's in everybody's interests to get promotion. Why would there not be promotion ambitions? Not achieving and not wanting to achieve it are two seperate things.

So again, what has he been lied to about?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cos Stuart, Marshall went public with his happiness of being at Blackburn Rovers when asked about the Sheff Wed linked.

I would be offer Ben Marshall a new contract as I feel he will be our key player this season

Naive yet again.

Shearer .. Going nowhere has all the fans bought his shirt

Day after gone to toon

• Moderation Lead

Not saying he is going on strike, just adding to the bit of info Neal provided that might suggest he would look elsewhere if a bid was accepted.

Whilst I don't doubt what Neal is saying is accurate, any of our players would have their head turned with PL interest in fairness.

Whilst I don't doubt what Neal is saying is accurate, any of our players would have their head turned with PL interest in fairness.

Think it's linked to the Brighton interest. End of the day we need raise £4 million, one of Rhodes, Hanley or Marshall will be leaving i would have an educated guess at. You could maybe squeeze the 4 million out of a few other players, but it would have to be more than one player.

The rumoured increase in Rhodes price would against suggest that a deal has been done for someone else and we don't have to sell him now.

Heard a little snippet myself that Marshall is not the biggest fan of the manager.

Does that really matter? Who does like everyone they work with and for? You just get on with it.

Not saying he is going on strike, just adding to the bit of info Neal provided that might suggest he would look elsewhere if a bid was accepted.

That would have little to do with his relationship with Bowyer and more to do with joining a club that strives to better itself.

Think somebody mentioned it on here yesterday, but the Bulgarian striker on trial is definitely Andrey Galabinov who was released by Livorno.

Gestede replacement? Tall striker.

"Championship club Blackburn Rovers want 6ft 4ins Bulgaria striker Andrey Galabinov, 26, who is a free agent after leaving Italian side Livorno. (Sun)"

Think it's linked to the Brighton interest. End of the day we need raise £4 million, one of Rhodes, Hanley or Marshall will be leaving i would have an educated guess at. You could maybe squeeze the 4 million out of a few other players, but it would have to be more than one player.

The rumoured increase in Rhodes price would against suggest that a deal has been done for someone else and we don't have to sell him now.

Do we really think £4m is enough. That lying two faced nobber shyster suggested another sale at the Gestede level so that's £6m or more and even then it's most likely bullshit. We aren't leaving an embargo this year.

well he doesn't need to be, he just needs to be a professional, and get on with the job which he is without a doubt handsomely paid to do. End of.

Problem is it seems a few of the first team over the last twelve months are not endeared to Bowyer, and for me its as clear as day, that's why he needs to go, hopefully he will throw his toys out the pram if Hanley is sold to whoever, now that is one player who is definatley not bigger than the club. Are you listening Bowyer.

Does that really matter? Who does like everyone they work with and for? You just get on with it.

That would have little to do with his relationship with Bowyer and more to do with joining a club that strives to better itself.

Just saying it would be a factor in a decision to go/stay. Many people leave their jobs as they don't like their boss.

I hope he stays, like him a lot as a player and could be pivotal for us.

Do we really think £4m is enough. That lying two faced nobber shyster suggested another sale at the Gestede level so that's £6m or more and even then it's most likely bullshit. We aren't leaving an embargo this year.

That's the 64,000 dollar question. We cannot believe anything that comes out of the club to be honest.

FFP is on shaky ground across the board so that does give us hope that we are coming out of it.

Don't blame Ings at all - he did it right, maintained great PR to the end and put a lot into working with local kids. I love my club but I'm not so blind that I can't see why any player would accept a move to club of Liverpool's stature - though on the knickers around the ankles, don't think he experienced a shortage of that even in Burnley - he probably hung out with Hanley quite a bit ;-).

• Backroom

Think somebody mentioned it on here yesterday, but the Bulgarian striker on trial is definitely Andrey Galabinov who was released by Livorno.

Looks like he's spent most of his career in a combination of Serie B/C1/C2. Played 6 times for Bulgaria and scored twice.

"Championship club Blackburn Rovers want 6ft 4ins Bulgaria striker Andrey Galabinov, 26, who is a free agent after leaving Italian side Livorno. (Sun)"

Wiki a little bit shy as to why he left Livorno.

Don't blame Ings at all - he did it right, maintained great PR to the end and put a lot into working with local kids. I love my club but I'm not so blind that I can't see why any player would accept a move to club of Liverpool's stature - though on the knickers around the ankles, don't think he experienced a shortage of that even in Burnley - he probably hung out with Hanley quite a bit ;-).

I have some Burnley fan friends who have been awful about Ings, ever since they knew he was going and passed up a penalty.

He seems a really good lad. Gives up loads of time for charities where I live etc. As for the girls - let them fill their boots!

In terms of Hanley, at best he flatters to deceive with his effort. His positioning is awful, he is rash and has a major clanger in him in 95% of games. Personally, I'd love him to make the move. Dyche would be good for him and could improve him because he has levelled off, even regressed, under Bowyer.

I know it can be misleading but on these clips he looks strong, two footed, decent in the air and can find a yard of space in the box. That said if there is any mileage in it it could be several weeks before we get to see him.

Whilst quite a number of Rovers fans would que up to drive Hanley to Turd Moor and pay for his medical it will not hapen - Rovers will not sell Bowyer's Captain to the Dingles. I qualify that as we have lunatics as owners. Anyone else who wants Hanley at 4 mil would be acceptable to me.

I honestly do not understand this desire to sell, we are short of CB as it is. Surely selling off established defenders and replacing them days before the season starts is dangerous.

My opinions of Hanley have changed back and forth throughout his rovers career, he has had good spells and bad spells but it is not just down to him... Look at dann! Some of the fans on here couldn't wait to see the back of him and now we all know how that turned out for palace!

The problem with Hanley is the team shape, setup and who is covering other parts of the pitch.

I have seen some horrific passing from Hanley but then that is because more often than not our lot do not move into space or come to receive a pass from him... So he has to try something desperate...

Then defending is another thing, our CB have to work ridiculously hard to make up for the teams shortcomings.

We don't need to sell Hanley, we need to work as a unit both defending and attacking.

Premier League = fair enough. Couldn't blame Marshall or any other player for having their head turned by a better contract and higher standard of football. Same applies to Gestede.

Its the Cairney to Fulham and Rhodes to Middlesbrough stories that I can't get my head around.

You can't? Well two of those clubs are trying to move forwards by buying good players, while one of them is trying to move forwards by selling good players.

Nixon saying that the Bulgarian has been and gone.

Not good enough, which is unsurprising given that Serie B and C are miles behind the Championship - just ask Leeds last season.

You would expect the quality to be higher than that of a player released by the 15th placed club in the French 3rd Division but it most likely speaks more about the players attitude.

Where Petschi has gratefully grabbed his chance with both hands (fair play to the lad, just the attitude we need despite my scepticism) the Bulgarian probably thought he was above a trial.

Archived