BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say the latest Fulham signing finnish midfielder Sakari Mattila is very strange and he will not strengthen them a lot. He came from my towns club in Norway and I am surprised that they have gone for him. Not very good and too slow.

Sounds like Venkys have rejected Burnley's most recent bid for Hanley....

They can't afford Hanley, transfer fee or wages, where have you got they've made a bid from?

Has there already been one?

Beat me to it :tu:

According to Nixon a bid was made (over the weekend I think) and that was rejected. Burnley then came in on Tuesday with an improved offer (more money up front) which has also been rejected in the last 24 hours.

If the £4 million valuation is right then Burnley won't get close.

According to Nixon a bid was made (over the weekend I think) and that was rejected. Burnley then came in on Tuesday with an improved offer (more money up front) which has also been rejected in the last 24 hours.

If the £4 million valuation is right then Burnley won't get close.

Nixon is full of bunk_um (Why has this word been banned?) don't believe a word he says,he's mischief making.

Pleased with the Guthrie signing.

Just need 2 more players in. Pacey winger/striker and another striker

We need everyone with pace which as skous puts it should rule out the slow Bulgarian

I'd rather have a Gestede replacement that contributes 15-20 goals than a speedster who doesn't know where the back of the net is any day of the week.

Yes rev they should have all the attributes as well as pace.

Yes rev they should have all the attributes as well as pace.

If they had that, they'd be playing for Barcelona or Real Madrid!

And (god I'm sounding like Bowyer here) it's not easy unearthing the next Alan Shearer when you're under embargo for no fee and 10k p.w. either!.

:P

I have some Burnley fan friends who have been awful about Ings, ever since they knew he was going and passed up a penalty.

He seems a really good lad. Gives up loads of time for charities where I live etc. As for the girls - let them fill their boots!

In terms of Hanley, at best he flatters to deceive with his effort. His positioning is awful, he is rash and has a major clanger in him in 95% of games. Personally, I'd love him to make the move. Dyche would be good for him and could improve him because he has levelled off, even regressed, under Bowyer.

I know a few who are that way but most have no issue - he made his position clear, played well for the season. The penalty thing is an issue for more people than the move because it did suggest a lack of bottle. Me I don't think he could have done more, or shown more respect for the club and fans. But you know some people, can't see beyond the turnstiles of their own club.

• Moderation Lead

And (god I'm sounding like Bowyer here) it's not easy unearthing the next Alan Shearer when you're under embargo for no fee and 10k p.w. either!.

Beat me to it!

How does being under an embargo stop you unearthing the next Shearer ?

Half of these stories are self created by players & there Agents/Agency to keep the player in the limelight or to re new existing contracts.....

So maybe a few are after a pay rise, they might want to try and earn it first especially in Hanleys case.

Archived