BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't blame Ings at all - he did it right, maintained great PR to the end and put a lot into working with local kids. I love my club but I'm not so blind that I can't see why any player would accept a move to club of Liverpool's stature - though on the knickers around the ankles, don't think he experienced a shortage of that even in Burnley - he probably hung out with Hanley quite a bit ;-).

Haha, living in burnley I could name you a few girls who have slept with him! Or claim too, he used to spend a lot of time in the club illuminati did Ings and I think he rarely left there alone at the end of a night out haha

Rovers have made their fourth signing of the summer with the capture of Nathan Delfouneso.

http://t.co/1aOZbJfcdChttp://t.co/kGBynCaaTt

I quite like all our other signings. This one however looks very poor. He has played a lot at our level and even in League One and never scored acceptably anywhere. His stats are 15 goals in 145 games.

That's about one in ten. For a striker that is totally appalling. Even for a midfielder its bad.

Love him to prove me wrong but this is real desperate stuff.

I quite like all our other signings. This one however looks very poor. He has played a lot at our level and even in League One and never scored acceptably anywhere. His stats are 15 goals in 145 games.

That's about one in ten. For a striker that is totally appalling. Even for a midfielder its bad.

Better hope he's playing alongside Rhodes and not instead of him.

Agree with this his stats look poor for a striker. I hope there is more to his game.

He's got an extremely poor record, but this is the market we're now operating in, we need to get used to it.

Not too worried about The goal record. Daryl Murphy, Gestede had similar records. Think he can be a useful squad player. Has a bit of pace, power and some skills. More worried about attitude and application. Cheap and one year contract makes it a sensible signing

He's got an extremely poor record, but this is the market we're now operating in, we need to get used to it.

I really disagree with this. There are strikers knocking about for free who have better records than this. Maynard for one but there are a number out there.

Sure we are constrained but its not the end of the world if you shop around. Guthrie for example looks like great business.

Just hope Gaz has genuinely looked at Delfy and thought this guy has something (like Gestede who has a similarly abysmal record - 18 goals in 138 app - before signing for us), rather than a desperate contract offer as we are so short of bodies.

15 goals in 145 games. Yikes! How many did Rhodes get in similar? 73 or something was it?

But Rhodes is slow and Delfy is taller and quicker so he's definitely better and going to contribute more to the team...

This summer saw the 24-year-old link up with Rovers during pre-season, scoring on his first outing in the 2-0 win over Oldham Athletic and impressing in the games against Bury and Wigan, prompting boss Gary Bowyer to secure his services ahead of Saturday's Championship opener at Ewood Park against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Did I go to a different Wigan friendly? From what I saw he did diddly squat but fluff a good chance by passing instead of shooting.

Willing to give the lad a chance but it isn't looking promising. Vital we don't lose Rhodes now.

Archived