BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You heartless barstards have made me miss the whole of moonraker. Honestly, in my world, that's unforgivable.

Edit

Roger Moore would have had us promoted. And his jokes are worse than Bowyers.

I'm not heartless Patrick, just checked for you, it's on again next Wednesday at 9.00 pm ITV 4.

Rather than blowing non-results based smoke up his own arse I'd like the hear how Bowyer is going to address the defences tendencies to buckle under small amounts of pressure, conceded pitiful goals born of lack of concentration, positioning and defensive nous and why as yet he has failed to tackle it in 2.5 years.

He's been a failure as far as the main aim of promotion goes. The smokescreen of FFP and transfer values is now being used to cover his lack of tactical and motivational abilities as a manager.

His main aim as manager should be to win football matches but he is now being lorded over for his work as a chief scout.

If he wants to change my opinion of him then get us in the top 6 around Christmas time for the first time since our relegation.

Otherwise carry on doing his sterling work in player transfers and valuations and helping Venkys to only lose £34 million a year.

Spot on. How much, for example did it cost to pay Marrow off?

And add to the list Keane, Dabo and Feeney.

Edit sorry I meant to quote Baz's post from earlier.

Assuming you mean jake Kean and not the Keane we loaned who was a massive improvement

Thanks, they call me Lanky over here !

Actually it's usually two words, 2nd word begins with a B.

That's not so bad mate. I get called average size t#@t. And that's just from my close family.

Edit

They usually forget the average size bit. Which is my strongest point.

Assuming you mean jake Kean and not the Keane we loaned who was a massive improvement

The post was about how much Bowyer has spent including wages and Michael Keane was one of these irrespective of how he did.

People are over complicating the Rhodes debate, for me it's simple. We don't play to his strengths, and our midfield plays miles away from where he's dangerous, it's a miracle he's scored as many as he has.

Get someone in the hole and wingers closer to him and we get the best out of him. Gary if you're reading- you know this makes sense!

This works a treat if you are in control of the midfield and you can push up. Often we won't be though. Then you need an outlet ball to a player who can make something happen on his own.

Also not true:

the list.. see below

He's had a fair old go, and been backed. Berg seems to be a bit of a hate figure but I wonder which 30 players he'd have picked?

Keep reading. I've had a go at answering your question already.

Just arrived... can earn 10k wages tops, all on free transfers

Delfouneso, Guthrie, Koita and Petchi

Paid transfers
Steele, Marshall, Duffy, Cairney, Gestede, Conway and Evans
All sub 1m bar Duffy who goes over with addons, two already sold for major profits and a third subject to a decent sized bid.
Loans
Henry, Baptiste, Tunnicliffe, Spearing, Taylor P, you missed Dabo, Keane (not on list) and Kane... you also missed a few from his interim period as manager.
Freebies
Varney (Loan then free), Judge, Brown, Marrow, Spurr, Kilgallon, Songo'o, Taylor C, Campbell and Eastwood
Youth
Tumwa, Green.. and well a fair few other your players.. just the normal turn around there.
Outgoings
And one of the most important factors the players he has had to shift and deal with while manager and don't tell me they where not mostly earning far more than his signings...
Best, Orr, Slew, Etuhu, Goodwillie, Olsson, Dann, Formica, Pederson, Murphy, Kean, Nunes, King, Rochina, Givet, Robinson, Dunn, Rosado, Gomes, Henrique, Junior, Ribeiro, Myles Anderson, .... and there are plenty more
How many of those who left had "reputations" for being a bit of trouble or where just plain evil.
If you don't have the money to splash and buy what you need then you have to gamble and take risks on freebies and loans.. there is a reason they where free or out on loan in the first place.
We have reduced our first team squad by eleven players since he took over.. and as for being backed.. well he is working on a negative budget (more cash in than out) and just to round it off he is the first manager we have had who has been tasked with basically getting rid of more than a full squad of players... and well we don't need to look very far to see whats happened to some of our rivals who have had to downsize.
If you want to rant at Bowyer.. then stick to his problem areas.. tactically I just don't think he gets it right very often, he is way to cautious and does not setup to play to players strengths, I also don't think he is much cop when it comes to researching opponents prior to a match.

Meatloaf is @#/? pal

Everyone needs Steel Panther & 5 Fingered Death Punch in their lives .... Ask steb

I love five finger Death punch... I always listen to bands like that and think maybe they should play stuff like that to the team just before they go onto the pitch!

Get em psyched up!

Meatloaf is @#/? pal

Everyone needs Steel Panther & 5 Fingered Death Punch in their lives .... Ask steb

Take that back Abbey, haha!! He had at least one good song in his career ;)

Can't even recall how much me and my brother listened to I'd do anything for love back in the days, haha!

I love five finger Death punch... I always listen to bands like that and think maybe they should play stuff like that to the team just before they go onto the pitch!

Get em psyched up!

Totally agree a bit of Motörhead/Megadeth or keep it British and heavy and whack some Bolt Thrower on they should ready to run through walls!

Is Meatloaf a trialist and the answer at Centre-Back when Jug-Head goes off to Dingleland.

I'm assuming ''5 Fingered Death Punch'' is our new Physio and ''Steel Panther'' is Shelfy's bodyguard.

The above makes no sense but this is the transfer talk thread after all.

Archived