BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Guthrie at least has had the quality in the past, if he can stay fit he's got a better than even chance of being the first name on our midfield teamsheet.

Do agree with the sentiments about the youth team though, luring Lenihan an OSullivan to sign new deals then not playing them isn't the way to bring through youth, they need game-time. I suppose on the flip-side if they are good enough theyll make it.

Anyway good luck tomorrow boys, hoping for a great start to the season.

I agree, Guthrie can be the key this season if fit.

Not sure the comments about Lenihan and OSullivan are fair as one has been injured whilst the other has played a part in pre season. Rovers can't afford to play too many young players in League matches just to give them game time but as you say if they are good enough then they will make it.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowyer is a pretty straight forward case to me. For a young manager he is very good in most departments (transfers, creating a good environment to allow development, coaching and creating stability). His one major weakness is around his tactics where he has been found out many many times.

But I do wonder whether the fact we are clearly underdogs will allow him to be tighter and more in line with his own values. He's not an expansive manager and at times last season we were wide open!!

He sees what Karanka has done at Boro who defend excellently. We might see a more defensively minded team this season I reckon. That will suit Bowyer.

As Iv said before, he could become a very very good manager one day. IMO

He's got to do something to try and get in the team over Lowe I suppose hasn't he? If brown nosing works then so be it.

Bowyer is a pretty straight forward case to me. For a young manager he is very good in most departments (transfers, creating a good environment to allow development, coaching and creating stability). His one major weakness is around his tactics where he has been found out many many times.

But I do wonder whether the fact we are clearly underdogs will allow him to be tighter and more in line with his own values. He's not an expansive manager and at times last season we were wide open!!

He sees what Karanka has done at Boro who defend excellently. We might see a more defensively minded team this season I reckon. That will suit Bowyer.

As Iv said before, he could become a very very good manager one day. IMO

Hope the new formation will tight the midfield and help the defence.

Lacks the physical attributes of a Gestede Gord, and occasionally fails to make an impact as a result, but never stops running from first whistle to last whatever myths may be peddled around about him. He's also quite competent at laying the ball off if you play it into his feet.

I'll grant you the final point. Also he has a happy knack of dispossessing defenders. The perpetual motion bit? Yer avin a laff!

GB is a joke manager delfonso is a joke signing

Very apt from a joke poster.

What would you have said in their position?

Why on earth do you take any notice of what is essentially a PR statement made without any foundation?

I've only posted this to deny the notright a golf mention in it's reply.

A better manager than GB, with many more years experience in this league. I'd ask what your point was but you rarely seem to have one. :tu:

Nice to see that inbetween being Bowyers chief sycophant on here you are prone to the odd bout of realism :D

Nice to see that inbetween being Bowyers chief sycophant on here you are prone to the odd bout of realism :D

Many of us who defend Bowyer do so out exasperation at the baseless garbage that is levelled against him. This has been said numerous times but doesn't seem to register. Those who think we might be better off with an experienced boss but object to the puerile bullshit about Bowyer are not necessarily sycophants.

Many of us who defend Bowyer do so out exasperation at the baseless garbage that is levelled against him. This has been said numerous times but doesn't seem to register. Those who think we might be better off with an experienced boss but object to the puerile bullshit about Bowyer are not necessarily sycophants.

By the same token what you deem as baseless from your beach hut on the other side of the world many many on here who watch what unfolds in front of their eyes don't. Opinions based on actual live actions and words you might say.

Football is about results and performances not percentages.

also that he's done a better job than people give him credit for.

By the same token what you deem as baseless from your beach hut on the other side of the world many many on here who watch what unfolds in front of their eyes don't. Opinions based on actual live actions and words you might say.

That doesn't seem to bother you when agreeing with RoverShaun and Roverandout though.

also that he's done a better job than people give him credit for.

That doesn't seem to bother you when agreeing with RoverShaun and Roverandout though.

It seems to bother you though ! Anyway I've even agreed with you from time to time when you take a break from banging Gaz's drum ( oh and big Micks :) )

Christ, this again. I might not see Rovers live much these days but I still have a decent bullshit detector. I was in the BBE lower (middle) 3 times last season and, whilst Bowyer was not hero worshipped, the views of you and your clique of moaners were definitely in the minority.

Christ, this again. I might not see Rovers live much these days but I still have a decent bullshit detector. I was in the BBE lower (middle) 3 times last season and, whilst Bowyer was not hero worshipped, the views of you and your clique of moaners were definitely in the minority.

You've just rendered yourself clueless there I'm afraid. I thought you saw them twice and sat in the riverside, maybe I'm thinking of someone else. If indeed you did it must have been early season as the goodwill was well on the way out by November.

I also bet you were one of those in that little clique whose bullshit detector was conveniently switched off when Kean was telling everyone about 'what we're trying to do here'. You seem the type !

So no new transfer news then :(

No this is the chris h daily argument thread. He's buzzing he's got another one going.

You've just rendered yourself clueless there I'm afraid. I thought you saw them twice and sat in the riverside, maybe I'm thinking of someone else. If indeed you did it must have been early season as the goodwill was well on the way out by November.

I also bet you were one of those in that little clique whose bullshit detector was conveniently switched off when Kean was telling everyone about 'what we're trying to do here'. You seem the type !

No this is the chris h daily argument thread. He's buzzing he's got another one going.

I suppose we had better get this back on topic as this poster has reverted to recent type and is making remarks about where people live and the 'type' of person they are.

You thought wrong about the Rivrrside by the way. I haven't been in the Riverside since Stanley played Crewe in the cup at Ewood. Knock yourself out looking for where I said otherwise though.

No really, knock yourself out.

I suppose we had better get this back on topic as this poster has reverted to recent type and is making remarks about where people live and the 'type' of person they are.

Not to worry if we win i'll grab a fosters and drink a toast to you to show no hard feelings cause that's the 'type' I am :)

As for back on topic I think all our transfers are done now unless there's more sales. I wonder if they are holding back on brining any loans in to see how the first few games go injury wise ?

Archived