BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for reminding us they're not even consistent.

I am merely observing how removed from reality Venky's are if they think we're promotion contenders.

I hope Rhodes stays.

Strange situation with Rhodes. I am a big fan of Rhodes, but as has been said, he is like the icing on a cake we don't have. Put him at the head of Chelseas or Arsenal's team and he would probably get 40 a season.

I will be gutted if or when he goes. But yesterday we might have done better with a quick strong, forward leading the line?!

Joe Garner giving a masterclass upfront performance now.

Infact PNE closing down and first to everyball, pressing high up the pitch.

You taking notes Gaz?

Watching it myself, play with intensity Preston... Not pretty but effective. Not been keen on the idea of signing Garner before but on this showing he could be really handy. Nasty little git, always know when he's on the pitch and can finish.

Decent pedigree, Nigerian international. More of a deep lying midfielder, best attributes - would have to say Tackling and his overall workrate within games, gets around the pitch quickly and can switch play quickly.

Switch play? He couldn't pass water.

He's an enforcer type - Very Aaron Mokoena ish.

Funny how we've signed Guthrie from Reading and a week later sniffing around Akpan.

Smells a bit Danny Murphy / Dickson Etuhu for my liking.

As I say, we really need a 7th central midfielder, so makes sense.

We've got:

Lenihan

Lowe

Williamson

Taylor

O'Sullivan

Evans

Guthrie

Petshi

Even Marshall could probably play there.

9 - NINE! Lenihan is miles above Akpan and has the benefit of being homegrown from our academy.

We've got:

Lenihan

Lowe

Williamson

Taylor

O'Sullivan

Evans

Guthrie

Petshi

9 - NINE! Lenihan is miles above Akpan and has the benefit of being homegrown from our academy.

I discounted Taylor and O'Sullivan as they're more wingers. But yeah, minimum of 6, more if you include our versatile players. Let's just hope that it's Twitter talk.

We've got:

Lenihan

Lowe

Williamson

Taylor

O'Sullivan

Evans

Guthrie

Petshi

Miles above? Not defending Akpan cos i know little about him but he's played half a season in the Prem and 2 seasons in the Championship. Lenihan has only played 1 season in League 2.

O'Sullivan, Taylor and Marshall are really not CM's.

Miles above? Not defending Akpan cos i know little about him but he's played half a season in the Prem and 2 seasons in the Championship. Lenihan has only played 1 season in League 2.

O'Sullivan, Taylor and Marshall are really not CM's.

Agreed.

Lowe, Williamson, Evans, Guthrie, Petshi, Lenihan. Six CM's for two positions, assuming we want to play a 4-2-3-1. Unless we are shipping out one (or two) of them, we don't need any more. Does make offering Williamson a new deal seem a bit daft.

Agreed.

Lowe, Williamson, Evans, Guthrie, Petshi, Lenihan. Six CM's for two positions, assuming we want to play a 4-2-3-1. Unless we are shipping out one (or two) of them, we don't need any more. Does make offering Williamson a new deal seem a bit daft.

Don't forget Tomlinson... Seven.

If we are signing anyone it should be a centre back and a forward or winger with pace.

Talk of #Boro pursuing Jordan Rhodes persists but hear the price keeps escalating. Aitor Karanka will only say he "needs a goalscorer."

The only price that keeps escalating is what Boro keep leaking out,

They have no idea how to approach the Roa's

Agreed.

Evans can go. I'd imagine he's on a decent whack and didn't do anything to justify it last season.

Out of the rest i'd sat only Willo and Guthrie could be classed as proven at this level. Lowe, unless he's improved immeasurably over the summer, just isn't comfortable enough on the ball. Lenihan and Petshi are untried. If Akpan is better than Willo in the ball-winning role then i hope we get him. He's young and probably a lot more mobile than Willo.

Archived