BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

100% agree, watching Lowe yesterday you can see he just doesn't have the brain for it, every time he got the ball he didn't seem to know what to do and took a good while making a decision, a couple of times it slowed things right down and caused Attacks to fizzle out.

His needless surrender of possession under no pressure led to the winner as well

Funny thing - many said the same things about Cairney last season.

Though he wasn't that good yesterday - he only gave the ball away probably as many times as Guthrie - and made far more blocks than Guthrie. Both players still trying to get up to full fitness - but only Guthrie is given the benefit of the doubt. BTW - this isn't a go at Guthrie - who I think does have potential to be a decent player for us - just how some people's view of Lowe is so jaundice.

Even when fully fit Lowe is a limited footballer - but he does have great athleticism, an eye for defensive danger, ability to receive the ball under pressure and play a simple pass. Last season he did seem to add a little more range to his passing with some good long range cross field passing. He will never be Glenn Hoddle - but he just isn't that type of player - he may not be pretty on the eye but (when fully fit) does the dirty work for the team.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont see Rovers being involved in a relegation battle/dog fight at all.

For god sake . The sun always shines in Chaddy land.

I really do worry about how many points we will pick up away from home without Rudy as an outlet/goal threat. There is nothing in our team that tells me we will be taking it to teams away from home. That being the case , a lot of pressure comes on our home form and I don't think we will be so goof at home that we will be 'safe'.

I think , like most , that this is going to be a tough , tough season

I really do worry about how many points we will pick up away from home without Rudy as an outlet/goal threat. There is nothing in our team that tells me we will be taking it to teams away from home. That being the case , a lot of pressure comes on our home form and I don't think we will be so goof at home that we will be 'safe'.

After signing Gestede, him and Rhodes averaged roughly a goal a game between them masking a good deal of GB's deficiencies imo. I've no doubt that had they both played yesterday for 90 mins we'd probably have got at least a point or maybe even nicked it 3-2 something like that.

Without them both to bail GB out this time round I've got a nasty feeling we're going to see just how limited the manager really is.

Supporters being allowed to enjoy supporting their club, and have a bit of early season optimism, is also quite important.

Really glad that the loudest, negative posters on here don't reflect what was a positive atmosphere at the match.

The main worry for me yesterday was Marshall's form - I had hoped that he would make the no 10 position his own - and replace some of the goals from Gestede. Still think he has the ability - but definitely needs to improve his positional sense at times.

If he can repeat the purple patch he had last season - over a season - we could sneak into the top 6.

Two players signed for nothing who could be really good - promising.

Or as we are in debt should we scrap thr transfer thread and just talk about that?!

Didn't know you were simply referring to the signings, my apologies. I am tempering my expectations on the signings. Whilst I think Guthrie will be an improvement, I'm not sure he's exactly what we need. As for Koita, time will tell. Got a good shot on him if nothing else.

Supporters being allowed to enjoy supporting their club, and have a bit of early season optimism, is also quite important.

Really glad that the loudest, negative posters on here don't reflect what was a positive atmosphere at the match.

A lot of us go to the ground, cheer on the lads and then vent on here afterwards.

Whilst I'm not happy with what's going on at the club, it isn't going to stop me chanting and geeing them on. Majority of those actually in favour of Bowyer aren't the loud ones at the ground anyway. I'd wager most still in support are from the Jack Walker upper and we know how little noise comes from there...

Posts like that really get my back up. Just because you don't want the manager or owners everyone presumes you go to games just to moan and generally not support the team. One of the most pro Venkys/Bowyer supporters is probably one of the worst supporters ive ever seen at Ewood, think he actually assaulted Glen M once...

We're Blackburn Rovers supporters... Not Venky/Bowyer supporters and I would hope a fellow Rovers fan would know the difference.

Do you see us being involved in a play-off push?

with the current squad no I don't. I can see us finishing around 9th or 10th place.

but with a couple of good loan signings we could depending on Rovers being consistent and key players like Rhodes, Marshall and Conway preforming good in most games.

we still need a pacey winger like Barrow(Swansea winger) in. maybe a pacey striker aswell

Posts like that really get my back up. Just because you don't want the manager or owners everyone presumes you go to games just to moan and generally not support the team. One of the most pro Venkys/Bowyer supporters is probably one of the worst supporters ive ever seen at Ewood, think he actually assaulted Glen M once...

We're Blackburn Rovers supporters... Not Venky/Bowyer supporters and I would hope a fellow Rovers fan would know the difference.

So it's ok that any 'fellow Rovers fan' who dares to try and focus on the positives on this messageboard is hammered and taunted for doing so?!

There is a miserable, angry mob of posters that police this site and shout down any poster who wants to talk about enjoying supporting the club - that gets my back up

What we need is a proper leader, and a proper CB.

So it's ok that any 'fellow Rovers fan' who dares to try and focus on the positives on this messageboard is hammered and taunted for doing so?!

There is a miserable, angry mob of posters that police this site and shout down any poster who wants to talk about enjoying supporting the club.

Right now, I find it difficult to find anything positive about the manager or the playing squad. Squad is under cooked, and the manager or whatever he is, haven't a clue

• Backroom

There is a miserable, angry mob of posters that police this site and shout down any poster who wants to talk about enjoying supporting the club - that gets my back up

Put them on ignore, then. Problem solved.

The only person policing the site is Tom, and he's pretty balanced.

There is a miserable, angry mob of posters that police this site and shout down any poster who wants to talk about enjoying supporting the club.

Have no idea what you're talking about and not relevant to the debate at hand. You're quite welcome to your opinion even if others don't agree, if you know you're in a minority then surely you should know you're in for a debate about it and if you're not up to it then that's down to you. If you wish to express your opinions then have the nous to back them up.

What I know is that even though you have differing opinions to mine, I expect that you go down and support the team, just as the rest of the supporters do despite their opinions on the owners and manager.

Just because you don't accept the manager and owners doesn't mean you don't support your team was the point that you misunderstood.

totally agree there.

Indeed. Baffling decision. Even if both Lowe and Evans did get injured we still have back up in the reserves/youth team. If Hope Akpan comes in we have once again unnecessarily stockpiled players in a position that's already covered - though has it been answered why Reading would release him to us on a free transfer?

How many more baffling decisions? What is the point of Hope Akpan? Guthrie is one of our best players and Bowyer will never, ever drop Lowe, no matter how useless he is. It's pointless signing more average midfielders.

Dont see Rovers being involved in a relegation battle/dog fight at all.

Player wise you could have a point but you are reckoning without Bowyer's weird tactics and decisions.

Not if you read the Reading Hob Nob forum. 'No Hope Akpan' is just one of his monikers. When did you last see him play?

I also had a similar reaction when I touted Dave Jones as being a fantastic signing for Rovers, look how that one turned out. This lad will be a good signing that's my opinion mate. I say that because he is better than any other central midfielder we have with similar attributes, therefore I class that as an improvement.

The poster who said "he couldn't pass water" - let's give him a chance shall we, the lad has ability.

I also had a similar reaction when I touted Dave Jones as being a fantastic signing for Rovers, look how that one turned out. This lad will be a good signing that's my opinion mate. I say that because he is better than any other central midfielder we have with similar attributes, therefore I class that as an improvement.

The poster who said "he couldn't pass water" - let's give him a chance shall we, the lad has ability.

Sorry, has this guy actually signed or is it just rumoured we're looking at him?

Archived