BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

I also had a similar reaction when I touted Dave Jones as being a fantastic signing for Rovers, look how that one turned out. This lad will be a good signing that's my opinion mate. I say that because he is better than any other central midfielder we have with similar attributes, therefore I class that as an improvement.

The poster who said "he couldn't pass water" - let's give him a chance shall we, the lad has ability.

i wasn't having a go, it's just when the link came up i checked their forum and there wasn't much in the way of positive news. That's forum's for you though, everyone's a critic ^_^

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Any decent transfer news lads?

Hopefully we will hear about Hope Akpan tomorrow

Someone tweeted him to say hope to see you at Ewood and he favourited it - may be nothing but seems something is happening

After Henleys display yesterday it wouldnt surprise me to see Lowe at R/B in future therefore opening a spot up in midfield for Akpom or a.n.other for that matter

Difficult to justify signing another CM if we aren't letting at least 2 leave.

Willo, Lowe, Evans, Guthrie, lenihan, petshi, Akpan.

We will be rotating them at half time each game at this rate.

Bowyer likes options, we will probaby have a different CM pairing in every game this season.

I'd like to see Petshi loaned out for a bit, he sounds like he's got a lot of the raw assets needed maybe he needs a steady run of games in a decent league like league one?

We've only got a squad of about 18, we'll only loan out the under 14's ☺

So if we bring in Akpan, what about Tomlinson?

You mean the 17 year old who's never played in a professional league game?

I can't see us bringing in Akpan without someone leaving - this lad does look/sound like he might have something to do with Guthries signing.

So if we bring in Akpan, what about Tomlinson?

Tomlinson is 17 years old. Is he ready for the first team yet? Probably not yet but he keeps playing well he will get in the first team.

If Akpan is coming in then someone like Evans or Williamson must be going. Didnt someone on here linked Evans with Sheff Utd???

Tomlinson is 17 years old. Is he ready for the first team yet? Probably not yet but he keeps playing well he will get in the first team.

If Akpan is coming in then someone like Evans or Williamson must be going. Didnt someone on here linked Evans with Sheff Utd???

Did you see 16 year old Reece Oxford make his debut for West Ham at the Emirates yesterday? He looked terrific and great credit to Bilic for playing him. Sometimes managers have to be brave, ours isn't and it is that simple to me.

Did you see 16 year old Reece Oxford make his debut for West Ham at the Emirates yesterday? He looked terrific and great credit to Bilic for playing him. Sometimes managers have to be brave, ours isn't and it is that simple to me.

Is Tomlinson ready for first team football? I've not seen him play but it would be good news if we had a 17yr old who could play at this level.

Do

You remember Jake Kean?

I understand what you are saying but there has to be balance. If I was the manager, I'd want to blood kids in the cups first!

It can go both ways being introduced at such a young age.

Do

You remember Jake Kean?

I understand what you are saying but there has to be balance. If I was the manager, I'd want to blood kids in the cups first!

It can go both ways being introduced at such a young age.

And that is why I said managers have to be brave. Jake Kean wasn't good enough and that was apparent to me long before Bowyer realised. It makes no sense to me to bring players in (even on £10k a week) when we have real potential at the club. Quite simply they just need a chance.

And the fans would be far more patient with kids than somebody like Delfounsuo. Then Bowyer could legitimately say 'the fans can see what we are trying to do here'.

Yep I did. He was very good.

I would have Tomlinson playing tomorrow in the cup and see how he plays. I would have like to see him on the bench on Saturday tho.

I don't want to rush young players into thr team if they arent ready. For me, Raya is ready for the 1st choice keeper. He is confidence, command of his box and comes for the ball.

I concur with that but I think people may underestimate the damage done post allardyce to our youth setup. For instance if we hadn't signed delfy and Kiote, our backup strikers would've been Brown, Preston, Forrester and Rittenberg and that would be big gamble.

We simply don't have a proper u21 team at current - it's mainly u18s. This will take some time to arrest - it also looks quite promising if our fans are asking where Mahoney, Nyambe, Tomlinson etc are, and Raya is already pushing!

People can harp on about the clubs priorities with development but I think success on the pitch needs the support of generating income through selling players on, be it cheap signings or developed youth. Especially for smaller fan based clubs, it'd be great if we can take a Swansea/Southampton route but it's long term so patience is required.

Going back to the Akpan story - many here have said that they don't think Evans, Lowe and Williamson are good enough, maybe Gary agrees!

• Backroom

Going back to the Akpan story - many here have said that they don't think Evans, Lowe and Williamson are good enough, maybe Gary agrees!

Well we know he doesn't agree about Lowe. He gave Williamson a new contract in the summer so, again, he must think he's somewhat useful. Evans is the only possiblity, but I'm not convinced Akpan is better than Evans. If Reading are willing to release him on a free it would suggest he isn't up to much.

Very weird with Akpan. All I can think is that he has become available and Gaz reckons he is better than what we have so worth grabbing.

If we sign him we need two out the door. Evans card has to be marked.

Well we know he doesn't agree about Lowe. He gave Williamson a new contract in the summer so, again, he must think he's somewhat useful. Evans is the only possiblity, but I'm not convinced Akpan is better than Evans. If Reading are willing to release him on a free it would suggest he isn't up to much.

Same could be said of Guthrie but he looks miles better than Lowe, Williamson or Evans.

Archived