BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Sorry Chaddy but I need to pull you up as it's getting a bit silly now. If Bowyer was playing Tomlinson and holding back Raya you would be adamant that the opposite was true.

This makes it very difficult to take your opinions seriously.

There is no way Rata should be ahead of Steele at this stage. In one decision, Bowyer has potentially damaged the confidence of all three of his goalkeepers.

I think Tomlinson has played really good i pre season for the 1st team from the games ive watched. And IMO I would had him and O'Sullivan on the bench on Saturday. Evans and Williamson have hardly played all pre season.

Raya has played well this pre season and in most of the games. Plus he is command of his area and Comes off his line for crosses.

IMO, Raya and Steele should be fighting it out for the number 1 spot. I would let Eastwood out on loan in September

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair comments there Gordon. When we took our foot off the gas and sat deeper we looked a lot worse. Wolves were no great shakes though and I felt a bit more positivity could have worked for us.

Marshall needs a rocket up his backside. He knows his place is secure each week and it shows. Turns up as and when he wants to.

Indeed. Leaving out the new guys whilst Henley was poor, Duffy and Olsson decidedly average the real villain of the piece on Sat was Marshall. His no show isolated Rhodes and there was just a sporadic link between the midfield and attack. That 'in the hole' position in a 4-5-1 is a massively influential role and Marshall's usual 1 in 3 decent performances just isn't good enough. Might be a pity from all reports that we were denied from signing that Kim.

Double edged sword, made up we've got Barrow on loan... Gutted it's only 3 months. Hopefully Swansea's wingers will keep performing, with Montero, Ayew, Dyer and Routledge you would think he'd find it tough to get involved. Best possible scenario is that he loves it here then asks to stay.

At the end of 3 months, does he have to go back then or would we be entitled to extend the deal within the rules? Seems pointless if not.

Another winger. Add him to the list. There'll be another keeper coming in next. What we actually need is a skillful number 10. Like Rochina.

That's similar to complaining about only having a dirty weekend with Katy Perry - because you wanted her for a year ☺

Interesting one. Conway, Marshall and Barrow will all be certain starters. Rhodes too obviously. Probably the big loser from this deal will be Koita who I thought looked like he could start for us. We need pace so I'm not complaining.

As for Akpan. What sort of player is he? A destroyer or what?

Interesting one. Conway, Marshall and Barrow will all be certain starters. Rhodes too obviously. Probably the big loser from this deal will be Koita who I thought looked like he could start for us. We need pace so I'm not complaining.

Battle cruiser, I think.

Name 3 out and out wingers in the club. I'll name two for you- Conway, Marshall!

I know we have converted strikers and potentially a left full back who can do it, but Rhodes will get better service if we can get actual out and out wide attacking players!

Don't believe that I'm saying this but I agree. You can also add Taylor to that list but given we've played Marshall in the hole and threatened to put him at rb we are short on quality wide players.

Mind you am not sure what the deal with delfy and the French forward (Koita?). Very similar by the sounds of it and like cm wonder if we're getting too many similar types of player.

I need to watch Koita more before I pass judgement. First impressions was that he is a black version of Shefki Kuqi. All powerful, physical and direct with no finesse and no regard for team mates in better positions. Mind you first time I saw Gestede coming on for the last 5 v Millwall I thought he was a duck egg too. Changed my opinion the very next match v Sheff Wed when he completely bossed their CH's.

Time will tell.

Why not sell Duffy ?

1. We don't have many centre halves now that Baptiste has gone.

2. Perhaps cos he doesn't want to be sold?

If he has a season as good as kuqi did then happy days.

Especially if we can stitch someone up for 2.5 million when we sell him! ^_^

Well, something occurs to me. Bowyer keeps talking about Koita needing time to settle into English football. How does three months sound for time? Maybe GB thinks Barrow can take that spot until Koita is ready, and if Koita doesn't become ready by then (or at all), seek to extend the loan if it still suits Swansea.

I don't know jack about Barrow, but personally I'm a bit concerned that we are collecting midfielders. Lenihan, O'Sullivan, and Mahoney all need loaning out for me. And I don't think the first two will stick around til next season either way.

It still needs to be built on a solid back line though.

This is it. Strengthening our strongest areas and neglecting our weakest.

If this Barrow is half as good as people are making out, and it was possible to tie him up permanently eventually, it would make sense to offload Marshall for a hefty fee, hopefully get out of embargo, then sign the other lad permanently in January.

What I don't understand is why the deal is only for 3 months which would on the face of it mean him going back to his parent club at the beginning of November. After which you would imagine the chances of a permanent deal would be slim, especially if he's done well.

Sorry to be cynical(or realistic depending how you want to look at it) but i just think its pretty irrelevent who we sign under Bowyer, If promotion is our objective then he' s just not up to the job and should have been relieved of his duties a log time ago. he couldn't even seriously get us challenging for a play-off spot last season and he had arguably a much better squad of players than the teams that where promoted or reached the play-offs, He Failed miserably in his job last year and there's absolutely no indication that he will improve this season, last season should have been the season that he improved, after the mediocre season we had before last, but he/we didn't improve we got worst.

Archived