BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the fact that we could sell all three of our first choice strikers for £21.5m + whilst removing 70k a week from the wage bill should mean we are given some leeway to replace players.

Have I missed something, or is Chris Brown worth 3 million and being paid about 15k a week?

If this Barrow is half as good as people are making out, and it was possible to tie him up permanently eventually, it would make sense to offload Marshall for a hefty fee, hopefully get out of embargo, then sign the other lad permanently in January.

What I don't understand is why the deal is only for 3 months which would on the face of it mean him going back to his parent club at the beginning of November. After which you would imagine the chances of a permanent deal would be slim, especially if he's done well.

He signed a new 4 year contract in January. I think he is very much in Swansea's future plans, could be wrong.

£14m Rhodes + £6m Rudy + £1.5m King i think beanie meant. Their combined wage wouldn't have been far off £70k a week if Rhodes is on £40k.

Yeah I was including king in that not Brown and I might be a little off in the wages but if JR is on forty grand a week I don't think I'll be far off

Must say if I were to make a comparison I'd liken Lowe to Super Atko. Not the most creative by a mile but reads play and covers for his team mates well and closes lots of holes in our midfield. He may not be the favourite for the inexperienced or less knowledgeable casual observer BUT his contribution will be valued by Manager and team mates alike. Every club needs one.

Atkins was streets ahead of Lowe, even in terms of his contribution to the best side in England versus Lowe's contribution to an average Championship team. If I were to make a comparison, I'd liken him to a Robbie Savage without the skill or bite. Or Road Runner. He does, after all, run around loads for no apparent reason, and seems to avoid the pitfalls (being dropped) through complete flukes (favouritism/anal sex with the manager).

(Yes I'm just joking about the anal. Probably.)

Brown ain't worth a toffee crisp wrapper

Favourite moment from Saturday was when Brown started warming up on the touchline down below in front of us.

Some wag (not the players' wives variety) sat behind me said " It's a wonder we could find a pair of shorts big enough!"

• Backroom

Why, are we writing him off completely after one game?

A game in which his direct running created our goal and his flick on created a belting chance for Rhodes

Akpan is a Johnson Baby .... He was due to go Cardif but signed for Reading from Crawley ...

Johnson is the mastermind behind all these deals

He does have a good taste in players from his early input ....

Ruddy .. Conway ... ALF....Kim ... Akpan now and maybe the new winger who is due in ....

So Tommy Johnson, the Chief Scout for us is doing his job and look like we have 2 good signing in so far like Guthrie, Barrow and Koita could be good signing but only time will tell. Petshi is unproven and Delfouneso looks ok/poorish signing but hoping he can proved to us wrong and be good signing for us.

A game in which his direct running created our goal and his flick on created a belting chance for Rhodes

He ran like a headless chicken, into a brick wall. And the rest was pure luck

Why, are we writing him off completely after one game?

He made Keith Andrews look like Messi.

The Delfouneso signing was one of those where I felt it (the trial) dragged on so long it was almost done out of desperation. Like when you've got your eye on a particular woman but some other woman asks you out. You go anyway, because a man's gotta eat, but all the while you're waiting for the one you want to give you the nod. In the end the nod never comes and invariably you end up wasting a few months or years with the booby prize. (poor turn of phrase I'll admit)

Archived