BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

We already have Marshall, Conway, Taylor and O'Sullivan at the Club and the new lad makes 5. How many wingers/wide midfielders do you need?

Trouble with this lot is that apart from Marshall none can go past his man and turn the defence onto the back foot. Maybe Barrow is a good move, sell taylor and put o'sullivan on bench

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the criticism Raya has received has been a lot worse tbh. For me he didn't have anything much to do but didn't do anything particularly wrong either. However the criticism he has received from certain quarters presumably on account of his age has been way over the top imo.

dare I mention Brad Friedel? :P tbh quite comfortably the best keeper that you have ever seen in goal for BRFC Simon.

Only thing I'd criticise is Raya's assumption that the ref would spot the handball. Had he played to the whistle, he may have saved it and it'd be a non-issue. That aside, he played about as well as could be expected tbh.

I'm not keen on his willingness to be a '5th defender' but if he pulls it off, no problem.

If in the modern game, you as a keeper cannot sweep up, or come for a ball to assist the defence, then there is a problem. Keepers of today are very good with ball at feet, so its a good thing for Raya to be comfortable with it.

Come on it happens at every club. I remember being in the Lowfields stand at bellend rd when I couldn't get in the away end. Mike whitlow got nasty abuse of the yorkies.

What, on his first game after not having a full pre-season?

Is this just a name we're discussing or is there an interest in him from Rovers?

It name that Ive seen linked to us on Twitter. Also see Jonny Williams name aswell linked to us on twitter.

Rovers might have interest in either one or both. We just dont know. It's appears Rovers are trying to do their transfers privately and not looking to go public or info leaking out like ALF stuff.

The Barrow transfer was under the radar.

It name that Ive seen linked to us on Twitter. Also see Jonny Williams name aswell linked to us on twitter.

Rovers might have interest in either one or both. We just dont know. It's appears Rovers are trying to do their transfers privately and not looking to go public or info leaking out like ALF stuff.

The Barrow transfer was under the radar.

They defo want cover for Marshal in that no.10 role...

So, did this Akpan sign or not?

Will sign today apparently...they're excited by Akpan as the midfield revolution continues!

Found out that there is a need for more "contact" in there after some of the "pedestrian" performances of our midfield in recent times.

Looks like we're going mibile and physical this season...I have no issues with that at all.

Will sign today apparently...they're excited by Akpan as the midfield revolution continues!

Found out that there is a need for more "contact" in there after some of the "pedestrian" performances of our midfield in recent times.

Looks like we're going mibile and physical this season...I have no issues with that at all.

If that's what he can offer us, that would be great.

• Moderation Lead

I got into this debate with Chaddy the other day. He informed me that pre-season takes place at their previous club so that cannot be used as an excuse.

All our new players were free agents though weren't they?

Marshall is a winger

But Bowyer/Rovers want him to play the number 10 role this. Expect Barrow and Conway to play wide

Maynard was at Ewood on Saturday watching the game, I saw him leave the players entrance after the game.

We sign him when he back from injury.

I expect Evans, maybe Williamson and O'Sullivan on loan. Cant be happy with the current situatiom

Are we expected to be binning off any of the current centre mids?

Ridiculous the criticism some players get at Rovers. Shameful at times.

Shameful the way individuals on here are abused for merely stating their views. KHod, I thought you were against this sort of thing.

As for Delfy, 2 possible explanations IMO, either he's a stiff and we need to give him time to see whether he is or not,

OR. He was played way before he was ready, in which case.......

Either way, we lost 3 valuable points at home.

Shameful the way individuals on here are abused for merely stating their views. KHod, I thought you were against this sort of thing.

As for Delfy, 2 possible explanations IMO, either he's a stiff and we need to give him time to see whether he is or not,

I don't get the reference to K-hod.

My opinion is based on those slating a freebie after the first game of the season. Pedersen had an awful debut and we got some great seasons out of him before he tailed off. People should pass judgement over a period of time (like many do with the manager) not completely write someone off after 65 mins, and in some quarters at Ewood, slag them off on their debut.

Powells mistake was joining utd in first place he was never goin to break into their team, personally i have no problem with players being confident in their own ability i'm sure Bellamy thought he was better than everyone else at Rovers and he did ok for us ... its when it causes ruptions between other members of the squad its a problem

• Moderation Lead

Give over, what's the point of judging players after less than a full game? It's embarrassing. Do folk not get a chance any more? FFS.

He 'played before he was ready' for 65 minutes, the only way he'll get ready is by gradually being integrated with game time, same goes for Guthrie.

Archived