BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowyer needs to get his head around the notion that his job isn't about preparing players for the first team. It's about applying those finishing touches which actually make a first team.

The guy has got an eye for talent and I don't believe he's a million miles away. But more than ever I think we and he would benefit from an older, more experienced ex manager alongside him. Sherwood saw it right away and brought in Wilkins. It's something we really need right now. Craig Short is a good guy and was a great professional, but failed as a manager. My worry is Gary thinks he's already got this angle covered with his father. But a father son relationship isn't the same thing. We need someone with an independent opinion with no agenda.

Edit. Sorry it's the wrong thread.

He gets it but I'm not sure he can actually DO it. For me, Iv said it many many times that I believe that he has done an excellent job under extremely difficult conditions. In particular his transfer dealings which I believe have been great overall..

But, the first time I saw him exposed tactically was two seasons ago at home to Mclarens Derby. It was embarrassing in all honesty. I put it down to Gazs short tenure...

The problem is that I still do not see a real pattern of play as we move into his third full season. I was at Wigan V's Bury last night (long story). But what was very obvious from Bury was that there WAS a plan. They were able to defend properly and even though they didn't play well for long spells in the game, when they did start to play well, they were still in the game and eventually won....that is something that I worry Gaz will ever be able to do with us as he moves into his third full season...hmmmm

Rovers to get rid of Evans and Williamson before the window closes.

I would look to bring Dean Hammond and Liam Moore on loan.

Is the first sentence opinion or fact?

If it is fact why give Williamson another 12 months recently?

Chaddy, 30 odd players in and you're still talking about playing personnel. Bowyer is inept tactically and cannot impose a settled playing style on whatever hotchpotch of players he assembles. The time for blind faith and optimism has gone, there is absolutely no way Bowyer can take us forward.

Opinion - or ITK ?

Neither impressed last night - most disappointed with Evans. Williamson have never really rated - last nights fluffed clearance was the latest in a long line of similar missed clearances.

All well and good saying Rovers to get rid of Williamson and Evans, Chaddy... But who in their right mind is going to buy them? They're both utter garbage, they're both signed into deals they won't get elsewhere and won't want to both drop down a league and lose money.

Opinion - or ITK ?

Neither impressed last night - most disappointed with Evans. Williamson have never really rated - last nights fluffed clearance was the latest in a long line of similar missed clearances.

Thats my opinion.

Evans is getting worse. When he signed I thought he would be good signing. Was excellent for Hull in their promotion season

Archived