BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaddy lad, Bowyer gave Williamson a new deal around three months ago. He ain't going anywhere. And if he is, questions need to be asked as to why the hell Bowyer gave him a new deal in the first place to only try and get rid later in the window.

As for Evans, wow that boy is bad and I hope he is shipped out. I do wonder, is it a problem with the personnel or is it Bowyer's tactics/team set-up? Guthrie came on and didn't look any better. You could put Matic in Bowyer's team and you'd struggle to tell him and Lowey apart.

Williamson was given a new deal under circumstances where the squad was very slim. Lenihan and O'Sullivan looked like certain first team members back then and we didn't afford to lose them. Taylor was a key player. Now it looks no one of them will make to the starting line up or even on bench.

I can see Williamson leaving but Evans is more likely. Wouldn't be surprised if O'Sullivan leaves too.

Koita needs to start next game thats for sure.

I would like a settled squad given some games:

Raya

Henley, Duffy, Hanley, Olsson

Guthrie, Akpom,

Conway, Koita, Marshall

Rhodes

Barrow and Delfo can come in for the one that not performs.

I don't think there is a need to bring in any bodies in defence - the players we have got are adequate for this league. They just need setting up properly and not to have the midfield so deep.

Really? Hanley, Duffy and Killer are adequate for the division most of the time but have their shaky moments. For example killer just got embarrassed by Shrewsbury last night. Lenihan is a makeshift defender who I doubt is going to be a long term centre back option.

Can we get better defenders than we have? Yes, absolutely, in my opinion. On loan from Prem clubs. We could have signed Baptists for example.

Do we look exposed if we have injuries or suspension to the back line? Yes, two out and we would be fooked. And consider last season at one point we had FOUR CBs out.

I could sort of understand it of we had a bunch of centrebacks coming through the youth system. But we don't - most of the prospects are central midfielders. Yet we sign more and more midfielders???

Really? Hanley, Duffy and Killer are adequate for the division most of the time but have their shaky moments. For example killer just got embarrassed by Shrewsbury last night. Lenihan is a makeshift defender who I doubt is going to be a long term centre back option.

Can we get better defenders than we have? Yes, absolutely, in my opinion. On loan from Prem clubs. We could have signed Baptists for example.

Do we look exposed if we have injuries or suspension to the back line? Yes, two out and we would be fooked. And consider last season at one point we had FOUR CBs out.

I could sort of understand it of we had a bunch of centrebacks coming through the youth system. But we don't - most of the prospects are central midfielders. Yet we sign more and more midfielders???

no we couldn't

Anything else?

Mani.

You are clearly well informed about affairs at rovers and rumoured on here to be close to the coaches etc, yet you are concerned about Bowyer's lack of tactical ability. Have you never discussed this with the people you are close to? If they were my mates, I would seriously be asking wtf they are doing defensively and as a group. Are they not aware/concerned by the lack of consistent formations/performances?

Don't take this the wrong way as you have given some great info and I have enjoyed reading your posts. Just wondered. I knew a lad who used to work at the academy and he was pretty frank with his views at the time.

Unleaded, Marcus Olsson linked with a move away? Hope not, need to keep him.

You're right frosty, never thought I'd ever say that.

He didn't look like a footballer for 3yrs, then something clicked, maybe I've still got a chance at the bit time!!

Archived