BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

I would take the offer from Villa for Gestede and keep Rhodes at all cost.

Why would you take 6m upfront for Gestede when according to your mate Nixon the price is 8m upfront? They've just received 32m for Benteke.

You don't half get excited when there is the faintest whiff of speculation regarding Rhodes and Gestede.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At what point Stuart, did you ever think that a guy like Shaw would challenge anything. Just another puppet, who says yes for everything the Loons says to him

It seems very easy for some to blame the Indians when it's not they that are moving players in and out of the club.

Is there any news on Chris Brown leaving so that the first team can move forward ?

If Gestede does an Nzonzi we may end up with half of what the owners want with a large sell on clause.

Gestede is as good as gone and we are already resigned to that.

Rhodes a totally different situation , Those at Ewood would snap anyones hand off who comes up with a £10 million down payment with add ons. When clubs are actively welcoming bids and speaking to clubs putting a price on your head, ultimately the club are telling the player "we dont want you anymore" . Rhodes has maintained he wants to stay at Rovers as long as Rovers want him, he has never wavered from this,

The owners are being put under a lot of pressure to sell players by the board and Bowyer and certainly dont want to lose either Gestede or Rhodes ,

Im hearing Rhodes won't be sold , however with ewood actively trying to move him on , how long is it before Rhodes himself gets annoyed ?

For the owners with Rhodes , its not about the money , they see him not as their only real success in terms of a statement of intent, but an iconic figure to what is becoming a dwindling supporter base.

The fact of getting £20 million for 2 players is one thing, however not being able to spend money to replace them could see us in serious danger of not only being relegated, but us having to then face up to life to league one FFP which in contrast to the Championship is the realms of seriously looking at administration, due to weekly losses and massive wage bill.

Only a promotion can sort this mess , however thats looking further away now than ever

I'm not sure how much credence to put on this remarkable statement, what possible benefit could there be to selling one of our only 2 effective players last season?

Let alone both.

However, if there is the slightest semblance of truth that Bowyer/Shaw/ anyone else are trying to sell Rhodes and/ or Gestede against the owners wishes, then the solution is an extremely simple one, sack them on the spot. If you were having any doubts (justifiably) about their performance last season then they've done the job for you and removed any doubts whatsoever.

It seems very easy for some to blame the Indians when it's not they that are moving players in and out of the club.

Is there any news on Chris Brown leaving so that the first team can move forward ?

Man city in £50,000,000 shock Chris Brown bid .

Chaddy Spokesman said he always said he was a good signing.

• Moderation Lead

AFC Darwen had a bid of 6p and a Toffee Crisp accepted by Rovers, but the two clubs were unable to agree personal terms due to Brown's reluctance to re-locate :(

AFC Darwen had a bid of 6p and a Toffee Crisp accepted by Rovers, but the two clubs were unable to agree personal terms due to Brown's reluctance to re-locate :(

Chaddy would have accepted it though so we could bring in Danny Graham. ;)

I'm not sure how much credence to put on this remarkable statement, what possible benefit could there be to selling one of our only 2 effective players last season?

Let alone both.

However, if there is the slightest semblance of truth that Bowyer/Shaw/ anyone else are trying to sell Rhodes and/ or Gestede against the owners wishes, then the solution is an extremely simple one, sack them on the spot. If you were having any doubts (justifiably) about their performance last season then they've done the job for you and removed any doubts whatsoever.

No pressure on them this season if the strikers are sold as they then have even more excuses to hide behind, some with good reason to be fair. The finance director will be the one pushing for it most as whether we like it or not that's his job. Meanwhile the rest just want their comfort zone getting more comfortable. "Relegation ? Not my fault guv, players sold because of FFP" etc etc.

Can we sign Kim before the work permit hearing to stop other clubs stepping in? Out of everyone mentioned this summer, this is the one deal i'd really like to see come off. I know someone mentioned about him having a medical today...

Can we sign Kim before the work permit hearing to stop other clubs stepping in? Out of everyone mentioned this summer, this is the one deal i'd really like to see come off. I know someone mentioned about him having a medical today...

Do we have anyone remotely competent of lodging an appeal

Sure Neal, if we want to risk being contractually and financially obligated to someone who might not legally be allowed to play for us.

I was thinking more in terms of signed pending work permit... Pretty sure i've seen that many times before.

I was thinking more in terms of signed pending work permit... Pretty sure i've seen that many times before.

Ah right? Not familiar with that one. If we're able to do that, and cancel if the work permit appeal fails, then hopefully we will go for that.

Let alone both.

Shelfy going rogue again?

Archived