BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Trouble is that the decent loans available are either swept up by friends/sister clubs of the big boys or they don't come available until the last few days of the window.

We don't have friends in high places, none of our coaching staff are well in with the big clubs and we can't be waiting until the end of the window to try and replace a 40 goal strikeforce with loan players.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha one comment I saw on the LT website that made me chuckle:

"Not sure ABBEY & GAV will cope with this... Still they have each other xx"

Funny how I keep getting mentioned on there .. Never even posted there

• Backroom

Koita

Conway Kim Marshall

Could be worse. The problem is when any of those are unavailable

Considering Koita's goal record I wouldn't be too excited by the thought of him leading the line. Whilst it's true Gestede didn't have much of a goal record either, at least he'd played and scored in this league.

On the other hand, he surely can't be worse than Browny.

You would if you'd just been released at French 3rd Division level and your sat in front of a McDonalds job application form

Aye, you'd think Jordan would be thrilled at the prospect of playing alongside a couple of guys Gary met on his jollies in France.

Don't blame him at all. Club a joke from top to bottom.

I'd bet Jordan Rhodes is the reason a few of the current lot were happy to stay. Marshall is very pally with him for starters. And friendships aside, as a midfielder you will know your game looks all the better when you've got someone like Rhodes finishing even half chances you feed him. How long before Marshall, Conway etc start to feel the club is dropping like a stone? How long before they get fed up of feeding below par strikers?

No, I'm sorry but as detrimental as it's likely to be to morale, one of Rhodes or Gestede must stay. Not to mention the fact any profit we make will have been eaten up by the rest of the losses we continue to make by the time we may get out of the embargo. Which we probably won't do anyway.

Sounds crazy to say, but part of me will be relieved when they both go.

Imagine a whole team of players who want to be here - I would cheer that!

"Want" is a very relative term in this context. They're not supporters of the Club, it's a job to them.

If Manchester United or Barcelona came in for any of the players tomorrow I very much doubt a single one would stay.

Chris Maguire has signed for Rotherham, so scratch him off the list

I'm not too sad, if that's the best deal he could get.

Rev, looking at your sig just now and...you do know Appleton has long since departed?

"Want" is a very relative term in this context. They're not supporters of the Club, it's a job to them.

If Manchester United or Barcelona came in for any of the players tomorrow I very much doubt a single one would stay.

Conway would, he wants to finish his career here

In my opinion, there are some positives with Venkys' ownership. One is that they don't knuckle under to pressure.

Rhodes' statements to the LT matter not at all. Venkys won't act unless their value it meet.

I think Rhodes will stay, unless Boro are sensible enough to meet Venkys' full value. I don't think they will be, as they'll rely on Jordan's uncle and Jordan's statements to create some flexibility in Venkys' position. Venkys don't do flexibility. Which is good for us.

Haha one comment I saw on the LT website that made me chuckle:

"Not sure ABBEY & GAV will cope with this... Still they have each other xx"

Just seen this in repsonse

"One things for sure Chaddy will agree whole heartedly that it's a good thing"

In my opinion, there are some positives with Venkys' ownership. One is that they don't knuckle under to pressure.

Rhodes' statements to the LT matter not at all. Venkys won't act unless their value it meet.

I think Rhodes will stay, unless Boro are sensible enough to meet Venkys' full value. I don't think they will be, as they'll rely on Jordan's uncle and Jordan's statements to create some flexibility in Venkys' position. Venkys don't do flexibility. Which is good for us.

They've destroyed this football club Steve, don't start talking to us about positives with venkys ownership, especially not today FFS :angry2:

Sounds crazy to say, but part of me will be relieved when they both go.

Imagine a whole team of players who want to be here - I would cheer that!

Well just imagine what the better players may think when our two top ones have left, time for me to leave as well. Bowyer has lost the players.

Surely the even the idiots at the head of this football club know that despite players taking the huff we can only sell one of our main strikers the other one well that's just tough they signed the contract it simple as the fee for who ever is left after one is sold is irrelevant the other has to stay .

With the greatest of respect Steve please dont take the p!ss.

I'm not. Positives:

Venkys don't knuckle under to pressure. Neither the protests nor whiny players have ever got any traction. They didn't move their position an iota. They are in charge, for good or ill.

Venkys have funded the club. They've put tens of millions in. Now that was needed because of their mistakes, but they didn't walk away and they invested the cash to cover their mistakes.

Venkys have been steadily buying out their "bad" contracts, which improves our annual income-expense report and on field performance.

Regardless of what you think of him, once Venkys finally hired a moderately competent manager, they've stuck with him. GB might be one of the longest continually serving managers in the Championship.

Venkys have, allegedly, put money into training facilities and have upgraded our academy status.

Those are my off the cuff positives. There may be more. Venkys has made a lot of mistakes, but they've done some good too.

Archived