BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

I'm not. Positives:

Venkys don't knuckle under to pressure. Neither the protests nor whiny players have ever got any traction. They didn't move their position an iota. They are in charge, for good or ill.

Venkys have funded the club. They've put tens of millions in. Now that was needed because of their mistakes, but they didn't walk away and they invested the cash to cover their mistakes.

Venkys have been steadily buying out their "bad" contracts, which improves our annual income-expense report and on field performance.

Regardless of what you think of him, once Venkys finally hired a moderately competent manager, they've stuck with him. GB might be one of the longest continually serving managers in the Championship.

Venkys have, allegedly, put money into training facilities and have upgraded our academy status.

Those are my off the cuff positives. There may be more. Venkys has made a lot of mistakes, but they've done some good too.

In the interests of message board harmony I've edited my response, but if you keep posting sh1te like this you’re clearly on the wind up, and its going to encourage a certain type of response.

I'm all for differing opinions Steve, but pick a different day FFS.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not. Positives:

Venkys don't knuckle under to pressure. Neither the protests nor whiny players have ever got any traction. They didn't move their position an iota. They are in charge, for good or ill.

Venkys have funded the club. They've put tens of millions in. Now that was needed because of their mistakes, but they didn't walk away and they invested the cash to cover their mistakes.

Venkys have been steadily buying out their "bad" contracts, which improves our annual income-expense report and on field performance.

Regardless of what you think of him, once Venkys finally hired a moderately competent manager, they've stuck with him. GB might be one of the longest continually serving managers in the Championship.

Venkys have, allegedly, put money into training facilities and have upgraded our academy status.

Those are my off the cuff positives. There may be more. Venkys has made a lot of mistakes, but they've done some good too.

Worse post of the year are you mgroad in disguise ..Venkys disgust me

Well just imagine what the better players may think when our two top ones have left, time for me to leave as well. Bowyer has lost the players.

I for one don't know if he ever had them.. Dunny didn't think so after the defeat at the breezeblock the other season

Just seen this in repsonse

"One things for sure Chaddy will agree whole heartedly that it's a good thing"

True tho

I'm not. Positives:

Wow I'd never go on Broncos board and wind season ticket holders up like that . How anyone can blow smoke up their arse actually baffles me

Cowboys better than Indians

True tho

Wow I'd never go on Broncos board and wind season ticket holders up like that . How anyone can blow smoke up their arse actually baffles me

You go on the Dallas Cowboys forum anyway Abs. ;) secret Cowboy :D

• Backroom

I'm not. Positives:

Sorry Steve, but the only remotely valid positive there is the funding of the academy (which was happening before they turned up anyway).

The rest are positives based on negatives they already brought to the club and which are not solved. It's like saying losing an arm is okay, as at least you didn't get both chopped off. It's still not a good situation.

I'm not. Positives:

This idiot thinks it's a good idea for US citizens to own as many guns as possible - and use them if necessary.

He's also a Republican.

Enough said.

Steve has been a long time poster as well. If be thinks Venkys has done okay recently , then fine. Everybody else thinks they @#/?.

He never said that he just pruned a few positives from their entire reign

He never said that he just pruned a few positives from their entire reign

It's as good as saying they have done well. Trying to right the wrongs are okay with me, but finding positives with them is sure to wind people up further. That's his opinion yes, but I don't think Venkys wil be forgiven for their short comings

I don't think Venkys wil be forgiven for their short comings

That's to be expected but I (and I'm sure a few people here) could live with Venkys if they carried on in the background funding the losses, reinvest some money after embargo and eventually get us up.

The last thing any of us want is the club to carry on going downwards and eventually fold. I admit the likelihood of Venkys turning things round is small but it's silly to think absolute redemption exists with anyone but them.

Venkys out at all costs is not for me when one the "cost" could be the club itself.

The last thing any of us want is the club to carry on going downwards and eventually fold. I admit the likelihood of Venkys turning things round is small but it's silly to think absolute redemption exists with anyone but them.

Hang on... when people called for 'Bowyer Out' you said it was unthinkable that Venky's would hire anyone better.

Now you're saying there's a small chance they could turn things around?

True tho

Did I ever say this Abbey? NO I DIDNT!!!

Stop making sh1t up Abbey to suit your argument and stop having a dig at me all the time. I am getting sick of you having a go at me. Its boring now. this is why threads go off topic all the time cos of Personal digs and comments like yours.

Did I ever say this Abbey? NO I DIDNT!!!

Stop making sh1t up Abbey to suit your argument and stop having a dig at me all the time. I am getting sick of you having a go at me. Its boring now. this is why threads go off topic all the time cos of Personal digs and comments like yours.

CALM DOWN

AND

TALK TO GB

Wait why would espn send someone over to talk to Rhodes? Isn't espn based in America? ( I know they can have reps here)

The LT one looks like a copy and paste and so did the Ssn one

I don't think Rhodes has come out and said anything it's not him

Agreed, somebody trying to sh#t stir, when you look at how the thread develops on News Now it all seems cut and paste, the Lad has always been a professional, I would understand if it was a move to the Prem..... but Middlesbrough :blink:

Under normal circumstances it's nothing but a sideways step. Sadly these are far from normal circumstances, they are extreme in both clubs cases. Ones primed to head north the other is geared to go south. Infact for the last 5 years we've completely forgotten just what normal circumstances are :blink:

Archived